Page 6 of 10 First ... 2345678910 Last

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    For those who dont remember, Tiger Klay aka Larry Clay Lonis (and about 4-5 other variations on the name), the Krav Maga instructor who was investigated in this gigantic thread

"Tiger Klay's Krav Maga/BJJ/NHB: Bullshido Resume?"
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44950

...and found to be lying about having trained with a Muay Thai legend and also with Gene LeBell, and overall a pretty shady character, is now back!

Not only is he still teaching, now at a place called Monster X Camp..

He's come up at various times again on BS, like this thread from 2009:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91925

And there's been similar shady behavior, such as this 2011 report at Ripoff Report:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/weightlo...-mon-beceb.htm

And of course, now Larry is dispensing martial arts business advice as a mentor/coach. Unbelievable.

http://ninjabusinesssolutions.com/

http://www.facebook.com/LonisNinjaBu...CoachLarryClay

"Martial Arts Fitness Business Mentor – Business Coach – Larry Clay
    Martial Arts and Fitness business mentor leaves "'Experts" scratching their heads and wondering how he brings low income business owners into six figure income…FAST"

I don't know what you're getting at. I remember this guys, but what's your point. That Ripoff report is less than reliable. I'm not vouching for the guys but this doesn't do anything.

Style
    bjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey all,

I recently came across these "tiger clay" related posts by accident, and thought I'd chime in on a few of the more recent, Monster X Camp related ones, being a current student there.

A little bit of background, I'm not a Krav guy, and have no real desire to be. I'm currently a BJJ blue-belt and I just do it for fun. I joined the gym when Spartan closed back in late 2011 or early 2012. I followed the very legit Carlos Machado Brown belt who was teaching BJJ at Spartan when he moved to Monster (he teaches at several other gyms in the area including Star, but Monster is pretty ideally situated for my purposes).

So I can't really tell you what Coach Clay is teaching, or what he isn't, I don't go to the Krav classes, I stick to Kick Boxing and BJJ. I am sorry to read that he's had trouble in the past, that's news to me, and it's upsetting to hear.

What I can tell you is that, having trained at several bjj gyms in the area including Peak, and the Marchelo Garcia school in Dallas, Monster X Camp is a good bjj gym full of decent guys who are training under an awesome instructor. There's BJJ 6 days a week gi and nogi, usually multiple times per day. The BJJ coach is a well connected, solid block of whoop-ass who isn't shy about rolling with us, and enjoys bringing in guys from other schools to teach and roll with us. We have several black, purple, and blue belts who routinely visit from Moeler, Peak, Starr and the Garcia school. We have an open invitation to visit and roll at the Garcia school. The daytime classes have the healthiest turnout of any place I've ever trained, usually between 7-10 guys, most of whom are regulars, and all of whom I greatly enjoy rolling with. No meat-heads, no steroids, even the young guys are super cool. It's a great place for BJJ, and by far the best place I've ever trained.

The packages are all you can eat for ~$130/mo depending on deals/coupons/commit/etc... I've been there over a year and haven't had any trouble with the contract stuff, and yes I've had some "special needs" and yes they worked with me without even blinking. FWIW Coach Clay seems to me like a decent coach and humble guy who genuinely cares about the progress of the students at the school. He was rolling with us pretty regularly (and is not an easy man to sweep) until a back injury side-lined him. Like I said I don't know if he's actively teaching on the krav side or what.

So, reading through these threads, I know he has a lot to make up for, but it looks at least to me like he's on the right track. Just one guys opinion.

Take it easy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought everyone would enjoy this photo

lookwhogotbusted.com/denton-county-tx/lonis-larry-clay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hearing through the grapevine that some legal stuff is going down with him. Will see if I can get more details.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I’m kind of late to this thread, but too familiar with the Tiger Klay, Klay Lonis, Clay Lonis, Larry Lonis, Larry L’Onis, Larry Clay Lonis (and it goes on and on) of 2006.

He was (is) a pathological liar and thief. Maybe he has turned over a new leaf and I honestly pray he has. I was totally appalled at what I saw when I googled his name: “Tragic Life Story”, “Business Mentor”, “Structure Coach”? He actually has a dynamic personality, seems sincere, and will be your best friend in 5 minutes. I have a feeling Jeffery Dommer was the same way.

But just go back and read what he previously did in this area and Lubbock. Look at the old Bullshido threads. Whether he teaches Krav Maga, BJJ, or his made up BS system is not material. He is still a liar and a thief.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just found out Crossfit is suing him for using their intellectual property Trademark. They are also suing 25 additional John and Jane Does. Also heard another couple is suing him, and they can identify the John and Jane Does (at least some of them) for Crossfit. Going to get interesting.

On a side note, he just got married, wanna bet she doesn't know any of this dirty business stuff, but he was stupid enough to post a picture of a large around 4 carat plus ring on facebook. I'm guessing that was purchased with other people's money.

Will post more when I find out more.

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

04/16/16 Coach Larry Clay Closes Grapevine Krav Maga gym without warning to students

I was notified yesterday by a coach/friend, the owner of Grapevine Krav Maga/Reaction Fitness shut the doors yesterday after the noon class. The owner, went by Coach Larry Clay. Despite the absolute betrayal we feel (students and coaches) there are financial implications because folks have paid for different levels of classes and they are not cheap. I guess with all his poster-length credentials (fake or not) he forgot to learn four important lessons integral to the family atmosphere he claimed: honor, integrity, truthfulness and loyalty. I was charged for items not received and others like me are looking at substantial financial loss for paying for their membership in advance. I drove by the gym today and it has indeed been stripped of equipment and closed, Folks are scrambling to stop payments, stop auto-withdrawals, etc. A number of us had been working hard to prepare for our belt tests, which were delayed several times, and as you may have guessed, the last delay pushed it passed when the owner planned on shutting the doors. That money is lost. Any excuse he tries to sell will fall on deaf ears, because he simply did us dirty. Period.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, Henery. The first question I have for you is, why does the title of your thread reference a date in the future?

Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Hello, Henery. The first question I have for you is, why does the title of your thread reference a date in the future?
    That's actually a very good question. One six is quite a typo unless he was going for 3/16/16, which brings up a number of other questions.

OP,
    I hope you have pictures, receipts, contracts, and documentation. If not, start getting that stuff in line but either way contact a lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 6 of 10 First ... 2345678910 Last