Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2012 9:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would assume his legendary like Martial Arts Skills were not sufficent and his lies were not enough either to keep him out of some trouble he got himself into. He probably fired at someone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 8:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2012 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_1974 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm gonna save everyone a lot of time and drama, okay.

First, yes it is me and yes I do own two facilities in the DFW area. I want to be straight forward with you, and let you know things are far different now. I have a feeling that these recent posts were made by an Operations manger which was let go recently, which in all honesty is fine, because I think this is something that has needed to be addressed for a long time now. I don't plan on getting involved in any the ongoing mess that this may cause again, BUT - furthermore want to be extremely transparent and upfront with you.

I've made some serious mistakes in my life, and with those mistakes came harsh consequences and that is especially true in what I did to my own reputation. I accepted awards and inductions that I shouldn't have and that were given to me based on someone wanting to create an image of who I was so I could lead their team in the "World Games" which I soon came to find out was a total sham, but still went along with it.

I tied myself up with those people unwisely, like an absolute fool, under my own decision to do so of course because I wanted to do something bigger in the Martial Arts World and do it faster.

I got involved in a partnership with a facility where the other partner wanted to "juice up" my creds a bit to pump up the new location and went along with it, as I knew they could still be interpreted as what they really were if needed. I was wrong for that.

I let a rumor of me being a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu get spread around instead of being honest and upfront and telling people that the truth was I tapped a few purple belts, but have never wore rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I now am EXTREMELY open about that, and several students who have trained elsewhere and under other Instructors will tell you they have learned more about the ground game in my classes in a few weeks, than what they learned under people who have trained under far bigger names than me. Not because I'm near the ability of a BJJ Black Belt, but because I understand strong fundamentals and where most of the holes are in people's game on the ground.

While this is true, I still make sure that someone very credible teaches the majority of those classes, so no one can have their rank challenged or picked apart. Currently, I have a gentleman who has just recieved his Brown Belt under Carlos Machado teaching that program. He, Himself has vouched for my teaching ability for the ground game with other people who have questioned him about whatever ability I may have and my ethics.

Yes, I do also hire MMA fighters to teach kickboxing and from time to time would let them teach MMA as long as it was written out in a curriculum type format so it wasn't just some throw together class of random techniques, but regardless I don't think I'd call them "washed up" and I have to be honest...I don't think the person who has called them "washed up" on this forum would ever call them that to their faces.

To debunk the rumor of being "ran out of town" after my facilities closed in Lubbock, I think it's important to remind you, they were running for quite sometime after I left by the person who wanted to buy them from me. I was never ran out of anywhere.

For all my life, Martial Arts was my entire identity all the way up through the end of 2005, when this forum was getting plastered with my name. Although it was extremely hard at the time, I realize now that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Not because it did well for my business or anything like that - because it didn't - but because Martial Arts should have never been the identity I was concerned about. I literally got down to where I had nowhere to look but "Up". I know some of you have your own views about Christianity, and about God, and they are respected but I have to be upfront and tell you that God alone let my indentity be yanked right out from under me and used that experience to show me that my identity was not in martial arts, but in HIM as HIS Son. Guys I don't expect your understanding, but I do want you to know I am a changed man and have been for quite some time now. I learned a lot, and it was an EXTREMELY hard lesson, but one where I was refined into wanting to live above reproach.

One of you mentioned me being in the Masterminds group and paying $25,000.00 to be able to listen in on the group. I do know that is the cost, but I wasn't brought on as a student in that group, but as a teacher. One of the things I focus on IN DEPTH is using a principle of selling that not only doesn't encourage you to be dishonest, but furthermore doesn't give you the ability or opportunity to be dishonest. I talk about how nobody cares anymore who youv'e trained under, who you've trained, who you are, or what awards you have, but they do care about results and what they get out of your program. I ALSO talk about the bad decisions I've made, and in some case have even given my full on testimony, which has shocked a ton of people with exception of those who knew things that were going on all throughout my life. I'm suprised nobody has brought up the fact that I've been in ministry doing that for the last few years.

As all of you who are gym owners know, it doesn't matter how well you try to handle people and to walk in full upright honesty, there will always be a customer who gets angry because they didn't want to live up to the contract they signed (which - wildly enough - we do cancel when given notice by people that wish to cancel), or a disgruntled/recently fired employee who instead of taking responsibility for their actions for why they were fired wants to do whatever they can to hurt your name. That's pretty much the name on any business

But regardless of all of that -Long story short - I am only a man, and one who at the time of my first go-round with this forum was lost and not walking for GOD and not walking above reproach, who made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of people angry, while letting a lot of people be mislead about me, and I am sorry. I hope that any of you who have felt upset by me for any reason can forgive me, and I do ask for your forgiveness now.

Thanks for your time and reading and as wild as it may seem, I appreciate how this forum was used to bring me to the feet of my King and help get me walking upright. Every man has a story, but I want mine to move people to do what is right.

Larry Clay Lonis,
    (Aka Tiger Klay - aka Larry L'Onis - aka Klay L'Honis - aka Clay Dux - aka whatever other names other people may have for me)
    Take care

Romans 8:28 and Rev 12:11
    Using the "I have become a Christian" line only works on Christians and from my experience their are not that many here so do not expect any "ahhh bless him he must be telling the truth because he is a Christian now" comments.

Check this thread out for an example of how some people who say they are Christians can still lie and defraud people: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60260

Why do you not answer Sam Brownings question?

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Anyone know what that means specifically? Misuse of a firearm, I presume?
    http://www.tdcaa.com/node/2007
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 6:15am

Style: Jhoon Rhee Tae-Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh God! I'm on page 70 of the original thread and damn if I'm not getting tired of this. This is the best example of L'Onis' credentials being debunked That I've read so far. It is a response from the son of a Muay Thai champion whom Tiger Klay claimed to have learned from.

"My name is Lucky Rittiluechai. Choochai Rittiluechai also known as Choochai Prakanchai is my father. Someone has forwarded me the claim Larry Lonis has made about my father. Yes, my father was one of the best Muey Thai boxer of his time. And that is the only thing Larry is right about. According to my mother Larry came to the house once and never came back. She told me my father loved his size(6'8") but didn't like his desire. My father would have love to teach him. I have written Larry and asked him to let my father rest in peace and stop using his name as his instructor. I just wanted to post this so you all can put the matter to rest as far as my father was concerned. I also happen to live in Bedford, Texas but I'm not a martial arts instructor. I am a Real Estate Broker here and yes my father has taught me Muey Thai. I know enough to take care of myself and I've learned that over several years not just from ONE visit."
    I'll continue reading, but if anyone remembers if he ever rolled/sparred a credible member of the forum please tell me the outcome so i don't have to read 360 more pages.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:01am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy **** that dude is fucking huge!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey we have talked before, I just used a different name in the other forum. I think I talked to your brother who owns a restaurant here in Lubbock. I am aware that Larry has rolled with some real ground fighters, but they stated he didnt come back. I think it is obvious why he didnt. I know he has stated in class that he has fought an instructor here named Sensi Walters. But funny enough, he stated he never fought him. I know Pittmans Dojo had invited him back but he never went. I dont personally know of anyone other then students that he has fought (other then above). I dont think anyone takes this man serious. We all know he is a liar and a fraud and very insecure. Just such a loser it is hard to believe he is still even in this profession.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Holy **** that dude is fucking huge!!
    Huge fraud is all he is.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:12am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    Using the "I have become a Christian" line only works on Christians and from my experience their are not that many here so do not expect any "ahhh bless him he must be telling the truth because he is a Christian now" comments.
    It shouldn't work on Christians. You still have to deal with the temporal effects of your sin, even if Christ has forgiven you. Ie. a murderer should glady serve his time if he has become Christian.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 7:30am

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    It shouldn't work on Christians. You still have to deal with the temporal effects of your sin, even if Christ has forgiven you. Ie. a murderer should glady serve his time if he has become Christian.
    Exactly. It's not a 'get out of jail free' card. If anything, it's the exact opposite. Claiming a newfound spiritual morality should make you more, not less, willing to pay for your wrongdoings.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Couldnt agree more and the fact they have not done dealt with the effects of their sin is often a red flag for falsehood.
    King without a crown
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast