Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 10:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Larry Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    The dude's in DFW. Is his place open officially?
    Yes it is one Northwest Hwy Grapevine TX

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 10:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another one in Keller, TX

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 3:27pm

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. It appears he is also using Krav Maga Worldwide promo material such as a quote from Darren Levine [citation will be given as soon as I can find it.] and a link to their promo video although there appears to be no affiliation to the organization. The site also looks somewhat similar in layout although that could be a generic site template.

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 5:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Monster X Camp

I am enrolled in coach larry clays monster x camp currently.

Some of you may know him as coach Larry Klay L'onis, or Tiger Klay.

I came to answer questions about the school while remaining anonymous. My contract isn't up for a while and I'm probably going to remain there until I do. I wouldn't want to piss anyone off.

His current website:
    (won't let me post links cause I'm to new)

From my experience is his definitely a sketchy business man. I think he cares about his "advanced" students or is just really good at pretending. I have a lot to say but i don't know where to start, so feel free to ask away.

EDIT:
    My biggest problem with the gym is that he isn't there enough to teach. He usually hires in pretty good people from the outside to teach. His BJJ class for example is taught my someone who was trained by machado. I'm very impressed with him. His kick boxing classes are usually taught by washed up mma fighters. His current teacher is pretty good though.

A little about me, (With out giving away too much) I know enough to know a sketchy teacher when I see him. Coach clay is a tricky one, because regardless of his possibly fraudulent background in martial arts, he still seems very skilled. He's gained my respect, but i am tired of not learning anything new and paying him my money for no reason basically. Once again, I have so much to say about it, i don't know where to begin.
    Last edited by Thatkravguy; 5/09/2012 5:45pm at .

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My apologies for this necrobump. On the way to work last week I noticed "Tiger Klay's" newest scam operation in Grapevine, Tx. There site has a whole new list of bullshit credentials for Larry L'onis / Larry Clay / Tiger Klay or whatever his real name actually is. You can find them at:

monsterxcamp.com/about.php

I've been following this guy's antics since he lived in Lubbock, Tx where my wife took Krav Maga lessons from him. The original thread on his bullshido is long closed but it's worth the read for anyone who might google and find this thread as I did:

bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44950&page=1

This guy is a snake oil salesman and a true bullshitter. I actively watched the original bullshido thread unfold back '06 and I can't believe he has the nerve to try this **** again and in the same general area. He's going all out this time though. The sign on his strip mall storefront is pretty damned large and it's in the middle of a well traveled area. He's got a couple of youtube pages promoting his bullshit as well which can be found here:

youtube.com/watch?v=to83TeTK9Fs

youtube.com/user/MXCPODCAST

If you'll notice on his "About Us" page there is a large gap in his bullshit martial arts studies from where he was busted last time in 2006. It doesn't mention anything about his failed schools in Lubbock where he was caught scamming people and claiming to be trained by the late owner of Choo Chai's thai food while he was there. He was basically ran out of town in Lubbock once people figured he was full of ****. If I recall, deep on the 2006 thread the family members of the old Thai man he claimed to be trained by showed up to debunk that. He's got jiu-jitsu listed on his site but I'm fairly certain that was debunked too.

It's surreal to me that this sociopath is back in action. I hope some of his students finally wise up and try to research his long list of nonsense.

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 8:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi everyone,

I'm gonna save everyone a lot of time and drama, okay.

First, yes it is me and yes I do own two facilities in the DFW area. I want to be straight forward with you, and let you know things are far different now. I have a feeling that these recent posts were made by an Operations manger which was let go recently, which in all honesty is fine, because I think this is something that has needed to be addressed for a long time now. I don't plan on getting involved in any the ongoing mess that this may cause again, BUT - furthermore want to be extremely transparent and upfront with you.

I've made some serious mistakes in my life, and with those mistakes came harsh consequences and that is especially true in what I did to my own reputation. I accepted awards and inductions that I shouldn't have and that were given to me based on someone wanting to create an image of who I was so I could lead their team in the "World Games" which I soon came to find out was a total sham, but still went along with it.

I tied myself up with those people unwisely, like an absolute fool, under my own decision to do so of course because I wanted to do something bigger in the Martial Arts World and do it faster.

I got involved in a partnership with a facility where the other partner wanted to "juice up" my creds a bit to pump up the new location and went along with it, as I knew they could still be interpreted as what they really were if needed. I was wrong for that.

I let a rumor of me being a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu get spread around instead of being honest and upfront and telling people that the truth was I tapped a few purple belts, but have never wore rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I now am EXTREMELY open about that, and several students who have trained elsewhere and under other Instructors will tell you they have learned more about the ground game in my classes in a few weeks, than what they learned under people who have trained under far bigger names than me. Not because I'm near the ability of a BJJ Black Belt, but because I understand strong fundamentals and where most of the holes are in people's game on the ground.

While this is true, I still make sure that someone very credible teaches the majority of those classes, so no one can have their rank challenged or picked apart. Currently, I have a gentleman who has just recieved his Brown Belt under Carlos Machado teaching that program. He, Himself has vouched for my teaching ability for the ground game with other people who have questioned him about whatever ability I may have and my ethics.

Yes, I do also hire MMA fighters to teach kickboxing and from time to time would let them teach MMA as long as it was written out in a curriculum type format so it wasn't just some throw together class of random techniques, but regardless I don't think I'd call them "washed up" and I have to be honest...I don't think the person who has called them "washed up" on this forum would ever call them that to their faces.

To debunk the rumor of being "ran out of town" after my facilities closed in Lubbock, I think it's important to remind you, they were running for quite sometime after I left by the person who wanted to buy them from me. I was never ran out of anywhere.

For all my life, Martial Arts was my entire identity all the way up through the end of 2005, when this forum was getting plastered with my name. Although it was extremely hard at the time, I realize now that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Not because it did well for my business or anything like that - because it didn't - but because Martial Arts should have never been the identity I was concerned about. I literally got down to where I had nowhere to look but "Up". I know some of you have your own views about Christianity, and about God, and they are respected but I have to be upfront and tell you that God alone let my indentity be yanked right out from under me and used that experience to show me that my identity was not in martial arts, but in HIM as HIS Son. Guys I don't expect your understanding, but I do want you to know I am a changed man and have been for quite some time now. I learned a lot, and it was an EXTREMELY hard lesson, but one where I was refined into wanting to live above reproach.

One of you mentioned me being in the Masterminds group and paying $25,000.00 to be able to listen in on the group. I do know that is the cost, but I wasn't brought on as a student in that group, but as a teacher. One of the things I focus on IN DEPTH is using a principle of selling that not only doesn't encourage you to be dishonest, but furthermore doesn't give you the ability or opportunity to be dishonest. I talk about how nobody cares anymore who youv'e trained under, who you've trained, who you are, or what awards you have, but they do care about results and what they get out of your program. I ALSO talk about the bad decisions I've made, and in some case have even given my full on testimony, which has shocked a ton of people with exception of those who knew things that were going on all throughout my life. I'm suprised nobody has brought up the fact that I've been in ministry doing that for the last few years.

As all of you who are gym owners know, it doesn't matter how well you try to handle people and to walk in full upright honesty, there will always be a customer who gets angry because they didn't want to live up to the contract they signed (which - wildly enough - we do cancel when given notice by people that wish to cancel), or a disgruntled/recently fired employee who instead of taking responsibility for their actions for why they were fired wants to do whatever they can to hurt your name. That's pretty much the name on any business

But regardless of all of that -Long story short - I am only a man, and one who at the time of my first go-round with this forum was lost and not walking for GOD and not walking above reproach, who made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of people angry, while letting a lot of people be mislead about me, and I am sorry. I hope that any of you who have felt upset by me for any reason can forgive me, and I do ask for your forgiveness now.

Thanks for your time and reading and as wild as it may seem, I appreciate how this forum was used to bring me to the feet of my King and help get me walking upright. Every man has a story, but I want mine to move people to do what is right.

Larry Clay Lonis,
    (Aka Tiger Klay - aka Larry L'Onis - aka Klay L'Honis - aka Clay Dux - aka whatever other names other people may have for me)
    Take care

Romans 8:28 and Rev 12:11

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 8:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi everyone,

First, yes it is me and yes I do own two facilities in the DFW area. I want to be straight forward with you, and let you know things are far different now. I have a feeling that these recent posts were made by an Operations manger which was let go recently, which in all honesty is fine, because I think this is something that has needed to be addressed for a long time now. I don't plan on getting involved in any the ongoing mess that this may cause again, BUT - furthermore want to be extremely transparent and upfront with you.

I've made some serious mistakes in my life, and with those mistakes came harsh consequences and that is especially true in what I did to my own reputation. I accepted awards and inductions that I shouldn't have and that were given to me based on someone wanting to create an image of who I was so I could lead their team in the "World Games" which I soon came to find out was a total sham, but still went along with it.

I tied myself up with those people unwisely, like an absolute fool, under my own decision to do so of course because I wanted to do something bigger in the Martial Arts World and do it faster.

I got involved in a partnership with a facility where the other partner wanted to "juice up" my creds a bit to pump up the new location and went along with it, as I knew they could still be interpreted as what they really were if needed. I was wrong for that.

I let a rumor of me being a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu get spread around instead of being honest and upfront and telling people that the truth was I tapped a few purple belts, but have never wore rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I now am EXTREMELY open about that, and several students who have trained elsewhere and under other Instructors will tell you they have learned more about the ground game in my classes in a few weeks, than what they learned under people who have trained under far bigger names than me. Not because I'm near the ability of a BJJ Black Belt, but because I understand strong fundamentals and where most of the holes are in people's game on the ground.

While this is true, I still make sure that someone very credible teaches the majority of those classes, so no one can have their rank challenged or picked apart. Currently, I have a gentleman who has just recieved his Brown Belt under Carlos Machado teaching that program. He, Himself has vouched for my teaching ability for the ground game with other people who have questioned him about whatever ability I may have and my ethics.

Yes, I do also hire MMA fighters to teach kickboxing and from time to time would let them teach MMA as long as it was written out in a curriculum type format so it wasn't just some throw together class of random techniques, but regardless I don't think I'd call them "washed up" and I have to be honest...I don't think the person who has called them "washed up" on this forum would ever call them that to their faces.

To debunk the rumor of being "ran out of town" after my facilities closed in Lubbock, I think it's important to remind you, they were running for quite sometime after I left by the person who wanted to buy them from me. I was never ran out of anywhere.

For all my life, Martial Arts was my entire identity all the way up through the end of 2005, when this forum was getting plastered with my name. Although it was extremely hard at the time, I realize now that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Not because it did well for my business or anything like that - because it didn't - but because Martial Arts should have never been the identity I was concerned about. I literally got down to where I had nowhere to look but "Up". I know some of you have your own views about Christianity, and about God, and they are respected but I have to be upfront and tell you that God alone let my indentity be yanked right out from under me and used that experience to show me that my identity was not in martial arts, but in HIM as HIS Son. Guys I don't expect your understanding, but I do want you to know I am a changed man and have been for quite some time now. I learned a lot, and it was an EXTREMELY hard lesson, but one where I was refined into wanting to live above reproach.

One of you mentioned me being in the Masterminds group and paying $25,000.00 to be able to listen in on the group. I do know that is the cost, but I wasn't brought on as a student in that group, but as a teacher. One of the things I focus on IN DEPTH is using a principle of selling that not only doesn't encourage you to be dishonest, but furthermore doesn't give you the ability or opportunity to be dishonest. I talk about how nobody cares anymore who youv'e trained under, who you've trained, who you are, or what awards you have, but they do care about results and what they get out of your program. I ALSO talk about the bad decisions I've made, and in some case have even given my full on testimony, which has shocked a ton of people with exception of those who knew things that were going on all throughout my life. I'm suprised nobody has brought up the fact that I've been in ministry doing that for the last few years.

As all of you who are gym owners know, it doesn't matter how well you try to handle people and to walk in full upright honesty, there will always be a customer who gets angry because they didn't want to live up to the contract they signed (which - wildly enough - we do cancel when given notice by people that wish to cancel), or a disgruntled/recently fired employee who instead of taking responsibility for their actions for why they were fired wants to do whatever they can to hurt your name. That's pretty much the name on any business

But regardless of all of that -Long story short - I am only a man, and one who at the time of my first go-round with this forum was lost and not walking for GOD and not walking above reproach, who made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of people angry, while letting a lot of people be mislead about me, and I am sorry. I hope that any of you who have felt upset by me for any reason can forgive me, and I do ask for your forgiveness now.

Thanks for your time and reading and as wild as it may seem, I appreciate how this forum was used to bring me to the feet of my King and help get me walking upright. Every man has a story, but I want mine to move people to do what is right.

Larry Clay Lonis,
    (Aka Tiger Klay - aka Larry L'Onis - aka Klay L'Honis - aka Clay Dux - aka whatever other names other people may have for me)
    Take care

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 9:48am

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_1974 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Larry Clay Lonis,
    Take care

Hey Larry. I've searched the Investigations section of the MA encyclopaedia, but bizarrely it seems as though your (infamous) case was never written up. Also, the old thread in question is 430 pages long... not something I plan to wade through in its entirety.

Congratulations on finding religion. You'll have to excuse me if I don't automatically assume you've changed just because you now claim to abide by a moral code... I mean, you claimed that before, right? It's easy to talk the talk, I'd like to see how well you walk.

Since actions speak louder than words, any chance you could list exactly what you're teaching (you, not other instructors at your gym) and exactly what your credentials are for teaching it? Also, where they were obtained?

I can assure you that, despite what you may think, I (and many others) DO still care about who my instructors were trained by. I would also add that while your emphasis on the results of training is commendable in theory, in practise new students are often unable to gauge their progress, effectively making them (as I'm sure you remember) easy marks. Hence the importance of both competition and lineage.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 11:52am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome back.

LOL@Blaming others for your mistakes. You made the choices and it looks like you are making the same excuses once again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2012 5:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to add the following remarks/comments
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast