Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 2:09pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    greendragon,

Nothing personal. I deleted your phone number before making my previous post. You did leave enough out there for the trolls and miscreants to easily google your identity.

I wouldn't consider buying the book due to:

(1) The fact that the author lists no credentials for any of the topics listed.

(2) The book review is rather vague on the actual substance.

Maybe I'm just slow. Maybe it is yet more pseudo esoteric bullshit. Maybe it's a good read.

Just saying, in case you want to add to your review on other sites.

It's surprising that this thread is still in the armory.

Maybe you'd have better luck in Sociocide.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 10:07am

Style: Kaju, FMA, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is just more crap. Being extremly fit does not make you a warrior. I don't care how many mountains you can run over and then do an obstical course. None of that means a damn thing. When you blow that door in a stack and flow into a room and there is a guy coming through a backroom to shoot you in the face and you do what? Drop down and do some push-ups to impress him?

The predator mindset, the refusal to die and a hellova lot of training are what makes a warrior. Some are born with the first 2, some have it beat into them in the military or the slums. That real training is most time on the job. Sure shoothouses are fun, shoot no shoot scenario's, bad guy with a knife ad nauesum. The truth is, if you don't have your head screwed on right and you come to play by big boy rules you might just get wounded and have something to brag about. Most likely you will be killed by someone who had a lot less "training" than you did.

shenbitt

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 10:12am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shenbitt View Post
    This is just more crap. Being extremly fit does not make you a warrior. I don't care how many mountains you can run over and then do an obstical course. None of that means a damn thing. When you blow that door in a stack and flow into a room and there is a guy coming through a backroom to shoot you in the face and you do what? Drop down and do some push-ups to impress him?

The predator mindset, the refusal to die and a hellova lot of training are what makes a warrior. Some are born with the first 2, some have it beat into them in the military or the slums. That real training is most time on the job. Sure shoothouses are fun, shoot no shoot scenario's, bad guy with a knife ad nauesum. The truth is, if you don't have your head screwed on right and you come to play by big boy rules you might just get wounded and have something to brag about. Most likely you will be killed by someone who had a lot less "training" than you did.

shenbitt
    Remove the racist epithets from your Style field.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 12:55pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shenbitt View Post

shenbitt
    What are you talking about?

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 5:02pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    What the **** is a "transpersonal warrior" and why would I want to be one?
    Still waiting for an answer.

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 9:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a student of Mst. Tomlinson. I have also met and trained with the author of the book. This having been some years prior to purchasing & reading it recently.

...At the risk of casting pearls before swine, I will share a short exerpt from the book for those who are interested:

"Transpersonal Warrior
    The Golden Rhino Perspective

Forward
    Namaste,

Welcome to a short primer regarding the long view of warrior development. It is not an attempt to recruit you to any way of thinking or to join some organization. Perennial warriors recruit themselves.

The objective of this ext is to fulfill requests from a bevy of colleagues I have had over the last three decades who have desired to improve themselves physically, mentally and spiritually. Some have found sustainable competitive advantage through application of the philosophy and methods you will read about in this text.

The Golden Rhino System (GRS) was named after an extant Buddhist sutra (Pali: Khaggavisana-sutta) describing the Rhino as he walks alone through life working towards solitary enlightenment. Self-development is the key identification feature. Objective skill acquisition over an extended period manifests significant spiritual gain as well as creating value for one's family, community, country and species...

...Working towards self-knowledge eventually leads to knowledge of others and the final epiphany that we are all one. The Dao De Jing reminds us in the 33rd verse that self-knowledge is of the highest value:

Knowing others is wisdom;
    Knowing the self is enlightenment.

Mastering others requires force;
    Mastering the self requires strength
    If you are inclined towards self-improvement with an operator's view of the world, this might be appealing, if not please pass this book on to someone that might be interested.

Please forgive me for not including my actual name on this book. The purpose is two-fold; first, I remain engaged in (legal) activities where anonymity is advantageous, and second, "building a name for oneself" is anathema to the GRS philosophy..."

------------------------------------------

Having met the author, I know him to be a gentleman and I have respect for him and what he has accomplished. At the end of the day, I don't get anything out of this either way. But since this thread already exists, I'd rather it contain some information by way of an explanation from the author himself.

<James O'Neill
    Notasuperspy

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 9:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In other words your instructor asked you to post because, he stormed off.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 10:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JGD77721 View Post
    I am a student of Mst. Tomlinson. I have also met and trained with the author of the book. This having been some years prior to purchasing & reading it recently.

...At the risk of casting pearls before swine, I will share a short exerpt from the book for those who are interested:

"Transpersonal Warrior

Forward
    Namaste,

Welcome to a short primer regarding the long view of warrior development. It is not an attempt to recruit you to any way of thinking or to join some organization. Perennial warriors recruit themselves.

The objective of this ext is to fulfill requests from a bevy of colleagues I have had over the last three decades who have desired to improve themselves physically, mentally and spiritually. Some have found sustainable competitive advantage through application of the philosophy and methods you will read about in this text.

The Golden Rhino System (GRS) was named after an extant Buddhist sutra (Pali: Khaggavisana-sutta) describing the Rhino as he walks alone through life working towards solitary enlightenment. Self-development is the key identification feature. Objective skill acquisition over an extended period manifests significant spiritual gain as well as creating value for one's family, community, country and species...

...Working towards self-knowledge eventually leads to knowledge of others and the final epiphany that we are all one. The Dao De Jing reminds us in the 33rd verse that self-knowledge is of the highest value:

If you are inclined towards self-improvement with an operator's view of the world, this might be appealing, if not please pass this book on to someone that might be interested.

Please forgive me for not including my actual name on this book. The purpose is two-fold; first, I remain engaged in (legal) activities where anonymity is advantageous, and second, "building a name for oneself" is anathema to the GRS philosophy..."

Having met the author, I know him to be a gentleman and I have respect for him and what he has accomplished. At the end of the day, I don't get anything out of this either way. But since this thread already exists, I'd rather it contain some information by way of an explanation from the author himself.

<James O'Neill
    Notasuperspy
    what a load of fucking total horsecock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 11:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JGD77721 View Post

"Transpersonal Warrior

Forward
    Namaste,

<James O'Neill
    Notasuperspy
    Congratulations on your religion. Now, what martial art do you train in?

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 9:21am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a complete perversion of the Khaggavisana-sutta, and it is a flagrant attempt to use Buddhist teachings to raise profit.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast