Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 2:31am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An "I have better things to do" post. How refreshing.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 2:34am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    An "I have better things to do" post. How refreshing.
    Sadly. I don't. But that's not why I'm not going to continue the engagement. I've watched Rivington and various other people post for pages on other threads and it just turns into an obnoxious point-counterpoint...only without the "Jane, you ignorant slut." I'd rather watch this poorly made Jean Claude Van Damme movie than put myself through that.

If I'm going to write an engaging thesis sized paper, I'd rather get paid for the annoyance.
    Last edited by AlphaFoxtrot51; 11/25/2009 2:43am at .
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 2:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    TL; DR. Yoga is gay.
    Man, your world must be full of closets, really.

As a straight man who does yoga, I cannot share any of your impressions.

And the harassment of gays, which you speak about, I don't know.
    In my environment, gays are treated equal, because sexual orientation, as long as your not a ruling board member of NAMBLA, really doesn't matter where I come from, even in less sophisticated circles than you might maybe be frequenting.

Well, let's do a bit of a bully rush on you: You keep lecturing people about sexy grappling in a battle purely concentrating on semantics.

The logical questions would be:

Are you gay, or bisexual?

Are you a grappler?

And more personal, have you ever been to a freaking yoga class, asshole?!:pottytrai That's sport! You're way too concentrated to think of anything sexual while you try to put your freaking leg behind your head... Oh, wait, dare I say we are dealing with an analogy to the original topic here?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 2:45am

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    To you it doesn't constitute erotic grappling. But what I gather from your response, is that you view it that way because there's no sex on the screen.
    no, the reason I said that it wasn't erotic grappling was because i didn't see any real grappling lol, just two people horsing around. I just didn't see any real grappling in it

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    Again...kink doesn't have to involve sex. That being said, I'll also refer to my previous posts stating that those who partake in that fetish do so with consent, and reserve that activity in the privacy of their own home, or at events where it is welcome.
    But it does involve sexual intent. Kink also doesn't have to involve power play, but for the sake of this conversation we dont need to get into all that. And I think we can all agree that all fetishist do what they do with the consent of their partner.

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 2:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Man, your world must be full of closets, really.

As a straight man who does yoga, I cannot share any of your impressions.

In my environment, gays are treated equal, because sexual orientation, as long as your not a ruling board member of NAMBLA, really doesn't matter where I come from, even in less sophisticated circles than you might maybe be frequenting.

Well, let's do a bit of a bully rush on you: You keep lecturing people about sexy grappling in a battle purely concentrating on semantics.

The logical questions would be:

Are you a grappler?

And more personal, have you ever been to a freaking yoga class, asshole?!:pottytrai That's sport! You're way too concentrated to think of anything sexual while you try to put your freaking leg behind your head... Oh, wait, dare I say we are dealing with an analogy to the original topic here?!
    Supta Vajrasana ftw?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 2:51am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my environment, gays are treated equal, because sexual orientation, as long as your not a ruling board member of NAMBLA, really doesn't matter where I come from, even in less sophisticated circles.
    That's great! Round here, gays are not always treated equally. Here's an image from a website of someone running for Congress in the US, in North Carolina (one state up from the gay jj guy from the movie):

(This guy isn't just a right-wing crank, he's also the world's worst web designer, or his eight-year-old kid is. Check 'im out: http://www.georgehutchins.com Also, he says gay males have "harmed" Germany on his bio page. Don't worry; he's a marginal candidate.)

Now I don't live in North Carolina, but even in the liberal and generally gay-friendly areas, there's a fair amount of anti-gay sentiment.

Here are the FBI's latest stats on "hate crimes" (which is a bit dubious, philosophically but the numbers should be sound), which includes a section on crimes fueled by the perceived sexual orientation of the victims:
    http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/data/table_01.html
    No, I do not. And the definition of semantics was just posted too!

Why, looking for a date? Just to warn you: I totally believe in fisting on the first date. Also, I don't want to know your last name. That makes it hotter for me.

Are you a grappler?
    Where is all the full contact kung fu....grappling? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Does any of that count?

And more personal, have you ever been to a freaking yoga class, asshole?!
    Yup.

You're way too concentrated to think of anything sexual while you try to put your freaking leg behind your head...
    Gee, on my planet people get to walk into yoga classes and say hello before they start, and they also chat afterwards. You know, the perfect time to non-chalantly drop into conversation, "Yeah, I'm a hetero. Always have been. Just like my dad! Well...I think just like my dad."
    Last edited by Rivington; 11/25/2009 3:02am at .

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 3:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    But it does involve sexual intent. Kink also doesn't have to involve power play, but for the sake of this conversation we dont need to get into all that. And I think we can all agree that all fetishist do what they do with the consent of their partner.
    Moved the kink conversation to here

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 3:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    Supta Vajrasana ftw?
    Funny guy with turban who tells me who tells me to get my head under my crotch FTW!!!

His pic would make your scariest avatar ever.

Now I don't live in North Carolina, but even in the liberal and generally gay-friendly areas, there's a fair amount of anti-gay sentiment.
    Yeah, I know this is a way bigger issue there than here; however, I live next to France. My people are known morally corrupted simply by vicinity.

Why, looking for a date? Just to warn you: I totally believe in fisting on the first date. Also, I don't want to know your last name. That makes it hotter for me.
    Why fisting? I have a roto hammer!

Does push hands involve groundwork as gay as BJJ?

Steps of "ultimate domination when you press your groin into your opponents face"?

Then it's not grappling, you know.

Gee, on my planet people get to walk into yoga classes and say hello before they start, and they also chat afterwards. You know, the perfect time to non-chalantly drop into conversation, "Yeah, I'm a hetero. Always have been. Just like my dad! Well...I think just like my dad."
    How I think yoga classes must look on your planet:

Dailymotion - clip Eric Prydz Call on me - une vidéo Musique@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9los@@AMEPARAM@@x9los

How yoga classes look on my planet:

YouTube- Praise You - Fatboy Slim

(I am aware that this isn't yoga.)

...And off to work I go!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 3:55am

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are slipping. This whole thread was praising the documentary uncritically until I posted the first comment criticizing it somewhat. I actually expected to take alot of heat for that ****, so I delayed for a while. So thanks to everyone else who finally opened their mouths to say what they were actually thinking. Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by victorweb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m View Post
    don't worry battlefields, Rivington is a well known idiot.

Anyway, that documentary was pretty gay. Kinda messed up what they did to that dude in NC, if that's really how it went down.

Still, if I owned a school I would not allow my gym to show up in that documentary either. I mean not without some very strict stipulations that the filmmaker would probably not agree to.

I can't judge the whole documentary from a couple minutes, but as far as I saw, he blasts homophobes for treating gay guys like they can't separate sport activity from sexual activity, then goes on to emphasize the tantalizing link between wrestling and sexual activity.

I mean jeez I'm not an idiot:
    This is a leading question purposely phrased in a sexually loaded way. The respondent makes the obvious joke about the topic clearly being broached:
    The interviewer completely ignores the second part of the respondent's answer and jumps on the first part.
    No dumbass, you asked a sexually suggestive question, he made the obvious joke about what you were implying and then stated his actual opinion. You completely ignored the second part of his answer and jumped at the first so you could continue on your decidedly biased agenda to prove that the activity is inherently homosexual (or at least sexual).

Now I'm not saying it is or it isn't. Personally I think for most practitioners it isn't. But, goddamn man, have some basic journalistic integrity.

It's cause of **** like this that I agree with the schools not wanting to be in your documentary.
    Actually, I talked to that guy who answered "probably homoerotic" in the clip a few months later and told me he meant what he said when he said that. And he is married with kids.

Once again, you have not seen the whole film. Of course I use a lot of sexual inneundos in the trailers to sell the film, have you not heard, SEX and controversy sells. I knew just how to work you into a tizzy, didn't I.

So please, please, keep talking about it.
    Ok.

1) That's what the guy said huh? Yeah, because we're all going to believe you now considering the high regard for truth and honesty you've shown in your work

2) Whether the respondent believes there is some truth to his joke or not is irrelevant to your biased questioning and selective treatment of his answer. Even if he believes there's truth to the joke part, it' still a joke, whereas the rest of his response is a plain direct answer. You ignore that part and focus on the joke because it's more in line with your own perspective and sexual tastes.

3) Sex sells. But so does crack. Maybe you should press the DVD on that. This is the opposite of journalistic integrity.

4) Yes I haven't seen the whole film. In fact this is the first thing I said in my original response. This is why I didn't say the documentary is terrible, just that I can completely understand the position of people not wanting to be a part of it.
    However all that being said, if a trailer is meant to be any indication of the content of a film, I'd say the fact that you weren't able to compile two minutes of your work absent of slanted interview tactics and biased reporting doesn't bode well for the rest of it.

5) Sex sells? God I just read that again. You really are an idiot. Sure it does, but don't expect anyone to respect your work. Yeah, great, toy with homosexual innuendo on the one end, alluding to a tantalizing link between sport wrestling and homoeroticism, then complain about homophobes accusing gay people of doing this. Dude you couldn't even stop doing it long enough to finish making your point about discrimination. You should've got your nut off before you started writing.

Finallly, let me say that if you think I'm being rough, it's because your **** is held to a higher standard when it's supposedly a documentary, you're capitalizing off (exploiting?) a serious issue (discrimination), you're throwing some pretty hefty accusations at a lot of people (NAGA, the majority of BJJ schools, etc.), and you take a tone of moral and intellectual superiority.

PS: Seriously though, Rivington is an idiot.

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 4:25am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does push hands involve groundwork as gay as BJJ?

Steps of "ultimate domination when you press your groin into your opponents face"?
    Groundwork? No. Groinwork? Sometimes.

As far as yoga, I do live in Bay Area. The hairy-armpit crowd is often out in full force, but so too is the flexisexy bunch of twentysomething women. At the yoga class I attended, (Bikram—"hot" yoga) the clothing was literally "dress like you are going to the beach." If you think men weren't attending to meet women, I have this gate in Berlin I'd like to sell you.
    Last edited by Rivington; 11/25/2009 4:31am at .
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast