Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsudragon View Post
    But this is supposed to be a professional documentary, if you can't sell your product on its own merits, rather than relying on sensational smut, than you need to go back to the drawing board. You shouldn't be diddling yourself over working people into a tizzy, you should be more worried about if your content delivers the point you wanted to make.

edit: Sirc/Nefron said it in much less words than I did.

Honestly, how many people would talk about the film if I only showed clips of the affects of Title IX on wrestling at colleges, or the history of wrestling at YMCAs, or how Vince McMahon affected professional wrestling (actually that clip is getting a lot of buzz), that are also in the film? You have to go way out of your way to make people talk about stuff these days, unfortunately. It got you guys talking, didn't it. Then people watch and say, man, this is really awesome.

Well boys, I'd be more than happy to be a part of a round table discussion once you watch the entire documentary, but responding to things when you haven't seen it is kinda anti-productive. And if you don't want to see it, so be it.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Vic

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:33pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^The vince mcmahon clips are exactly what I'm talking about, that's how you get attention, as I was really interested in seeing what other wrestlers had to say about the pro wrestling scene, and how it's been going compared to the past. I may be in a minority, but I'm sure there's plenty of others who would've watched it for that alone, probably all just wrestling heads but still, in any event I'll probably buy it as a wrestling fan(if not just for your work involving the WWE), but your attitude definitely didn't make me go "**** I gotta see this for sure!" :/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:40pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is victorweb a troll, a spammer, or both?

No, I'm not going to watch any more of his clips, or his full feature. His narration makes my ears bleed.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by victorweb View Post
    Actually, I talked to that guy who answered "probably homoerotic" in the clip a few months later and told me he meant what he said when he said that. And he is married with kids.

Once again, you have not seen the whole film. Of course I use a lot of sexual inneundos in the trailers to sell the film, have you not heard, SEX and controversy sells. I knew just how to work you into a tizzy, didn't I.

So please, please, keep talking about it.
    Oh good.

Now I don't even have to just throw out my correct speculation. You came right out and admitted it.

Congratulations, you're another piece of **** "journalist" trying to make a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    Read the post above you.Of course its sensationalist journalism.

Edit: This was intended as a response to Sirc.
    Got it. Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:44pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well boys, I'd be more than happy to be a part of a round table discussion once you watch the entire documentary, but responding to things when you haven't seen it is kinda anti-productive. And if you don't want to see it, so be it.
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to expound upon some assertions made in the trailers or on your website? Perhaps something about the "homoerotic nature of wrestling"?

I did already ask you a direct question. It ought to be possible to discuss some topics without shelling out the 15-20 bucks to see the movie.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:47pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6 View Post
    So is victorweb a troll, a spammer, or both?

No, I'm not going to watch any more of his clips, or his full feature. His narration makes my ears bleed.
    He's neither. You guys are just trying to avoid uncomfortable subjects.

It's amusing.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Bein' a Nazi just wasn't enough, eh Rafe? Gotta be an idiot too...might as well go for the trifecta and become a Scientologist.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    He's neither. You guys are just trying to avoid uncomfortable subjects.

It's amusing.
    Like what?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, how many people would talk about the film if I only showed clips of the affects of Title IX on wrestling at colleges, or the history of wrestling at YMCAs, or how Vince McMahon affected professional wrestling (actually that clip is getting a lot of buzz), that are also in the film? You have to go way out of your way to make people talk about stuff these days, unfortunately. It got you guys talking, didn't it. Then people watch and say, man, this is really awesome.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Vic
    No. You don't. All that means is you're too uncreative or lack the charisma to make people listen to you.

A lot of the people on here don't like me, but I'm easily one of the most recognizable people on the forum.

You lack charisma, you lack substance and you really lack any kind of real story to tell. I think I know what your formula was when making this video:

People like jujutsu.
    Gays are controversial

Gays + Jujutsu = controversy!

Congratulations Turing, you've broken the mold. You couldn't be any more boring. Your next shitty documentary can be about racism and jujutsu. Find some isolated incident with that and run with it. Make sure to use a lot of close ups on stock footage and drum crescendos while zooming in on someone's facebook profile photo to really nail the point home.
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast