Administrator

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 2:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    \

I'm getting the impression Victor is worried about the possible negative publicity, generated by bullshido, than actual discussion.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/24/2009 2:56pm at .

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gee, I have no idea why people tie physical culture, martial arts, and self-defense in with sex at all!

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 3:04pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Gee, I have no idea why people tie physical culture, martial arts, and self-defense in with sex at all!

For some reason, the Charles Atlas thing reminded me of Rocky Horror.

I think everyone is pretty much saying the same thing. Nobody cares about gender and/or sexual orientation when it comes to rolling. If you're spending your time getting your jollies on the mat, you're just going to get tapped-out, plain and simple. I don't know anybody who trains in any grappling art because they want to manhandle someone or be manhandled for sexual reasons.

All of that being said, I do know there are those out there that do enjoy grappling (rough play) for erotic reasons. But, they know that there is a time and place for that. In your gym/school, on the mats, during training time is not the place or time for that.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 3:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post

For some reason, the Charles Atlas thing reminded me of Rocky Horror.

I think everyone is pretty much saying the same thing. Nobody cares about gender and/or sexual orientation when it comes to rolling. If you're spending your time getting your jollies on the mat, you're just going to get tapped-out, plain and simple. I don't know anybody who trains in any grappling art because they want to manhandle someone or be manhandled for sexual reasons.

All of that being said, I do know there are those out there that do enjoy grappling (rough play) for erotic reasons. But, they know that there is a time and place for that. In your gym/school, on the mats, during training time is not the place or time for that.
    You just said what I've said a million times over, and people don't seem to get it. NOBODY, gay or straight, is getting off while they are wrestling in a public competition. You keep going back to that with that as a reason for your anger. THE FILM DOES NOT SAY THAT.

But, as you said above, in private places and times, many willing guys do use wrestling and horseplay as erotic foreplay. It's just a fact.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by victorweb View Post
    I am CERTAIN you would have no problem, if girls were to say, WHICH THEY DO, that it turns them on to watch guys fighting in a ring. You just can't handle it if it comes from guys.
    I don't have to handle it.I don't want to engage in an activity that will turn another guy on.I don't want to touch another male in a way that he will find hot.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    I don't want to engage in an activity that will turn another guy on.
    You mean like walking down the street with your tight little well-exercised ass that looks like it could melt in my mouth?

Well, maybe you can buy one of those Segue scooters. And baggy pants.

But really, maybe you just haven't met the right man yet?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m View Post
    don't worry battlefields, Rivington is a well known idiot.

Anyway, that documentary was pretty gay. Kinda messed up what they did to that dude in NC, if that's really how it went down.

Still, if I owned a school I would not allow my gym to show up in that documentary either. I mean not without some very strict stipulations that the filmmaker would probably not agree to.

I can't judge the whole documentary from a couple minutes, but as far as I saw, he blasts homophobes for treating gay guys like they can't separate sport activity from sexual activity, then goes on to emphasize the tantalizing link between wrestling and sexual activity.

I mean jeez I'm not an idiot:
    This is a leading question purposely phrased in a sexually loaded way. The respondent makes the obvious joke about the topic clearly being broached:
    The interviewer completely ignores the second part of the respondent's answer and jumps on the first part.
    No dumbass, you asked a sexually suggestive question, he made the obvious joke about what you were implying and then stated his actual opinion. You completely ignored the second part of his answer and jumped at the first so you could continue on your decidedly biased agenda to prove that the activity is inherently homosexual (or at least sexual).

Now I'm not saying it is or it isn't. Personally I think for most practitioners it isn't. But, goddamn man, have some basic journalistic integrity.

It's cause of **** like this that I agree with the schools not wanting to be in your documentary.
    Actually, I talked to that guy who answered "probably homoerotic" in the clip a few months later and told me he meant what he said when he said that. And he is married with kids.

Once again, you have not seen the whole film. Of course I use a lot of sexual inneundos in the trailers to sell the film, have you not heard, SEX and controversy sells. I knew just how to work you into a tizzy, didn't I.

So please, please, keep talking about it.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly who cares?

This seems like it's more of an isolated incident than anything else. I haven't even met a real homoqueer who does any kind of martial arts who is prosecuted for this.

This kind of reeks of sensationalist journalism.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:12pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by victorweb View Post
    Actually, I talked to that guy who answered "probably homoerotic" in the clip a few months later and told me he meant what he said when he said that. And he is married with kids.

Once again, you have not seen the whole film. Of course I use a lot of sexual inneundos in the trailers to sell the film, have you not heard, SEX and controversy sells. I knew just how to work you into a tizzy, didn't I.

So please, please, keep talking about it.
    But this is supposed to be a professional documentary, if you can't sell your product on its own merits, rather than relying on sensational smut, than you need to go back to the drawing board. You shouldn't be diddling yourself over working people into a tizzy, you should be more worried about if your content delivers the point you wanted to make.

edit: Sirc/Nefron said it in much less words than I did.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read the post above you.Of course its sensationalist journalism.

Edit: This was intended as a response to Sirc.