Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:26am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^Actually no, I've actually grappled numerous people of all shapes and sizes, and both genders, hell my own sister's gay, to which I don't have a problem with, I don't have a problem with anyone's lifestyle as long as they don't have a problem with mine.

Your whole film is basically pointing towards the conclusion that wrestling is homoerotic, you yourself are the one doing the telling. You're entitled to your opinions just like I am mine, and opinions do not make for facts.

But your ad hominem attacks and assumptions that I'm homophobic(rofl) just because I disagree with you is fantastic.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:27am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by victorweb View Post
    You see, this is the problem with most of you, you watched a few other teasers and still have NOT watched the entire 2-hour documentary. You make judgments on a few trailers.
    I'd be happy to give the documentary an objective review, if you send me a copy. After all, I've done that before, plus the topic interests me (given that my PhD thesis is related to the response of gay poets to the AIDS epidemic, which necessarily involves a discussion of homophobia).

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:29am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't care what your sexual orientation or preferences are, leave them off the mat.

People who do bring them onto the mat; hetero, homo, mono, zoolo, whatever, deserve an ass beating. Grow up.

Edit: would love to see Slidey's take on this as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:32am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But yes, there are guys, A LOT of guys, that in their PRIVATE time get off to watching or play wrestling, gay AND Straight. And there are MANY in your class who do it and will never tell you. It's no different than messing around with your girlfriend during foreplay. It doesn't damage the sport, it does nothing more than show another complex part of human nature. Deal with it.
    Can you elaborate on where you gathered the evidence to make this assertion? I have no doubt it happens somewhere but honestly I find the notion it's widespread somewhat suspect.

Do you cover what led you to this conclusion in the entire 2-hour documentary?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Review from a serious amateur wrestler:

"Victor, I really enjoyed the film. To be honest, when I saw a few clips I thought your concept was good but it looked like the film was going to emphasize sexual aspects of wrestling and homoeroticism. Although you hit the topic, placing it in the middle and not devoting a great amount of time to it made it work in the film.

Many of the guys echoed the same responses that I encountered, i.e, why is a man your age wanting to wrestle, if you want to be involved in the sport you should coach, etc.

Your segment on the history of wrestling in the U.S. was fantastic--documenting the past involvement of AAU and the Y and the dissappearance of wrestling as an adult sport even on the college level as a result of Title IX and the presidents I liked. I had never heard the Teddy Roosevelt quote about not having enough money in the budget to a have a wrestling mat or ring in the governor's residence.

I thought you did a great job and I really like the film."

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you have NO right on this planet to tell ANYONE what THEY think is homoerotic, or not erotic. YOU do not decide what can or can't turn other people on. I am CERTAIN you would have no problem, if girls were to say, WHICH THEY DO, that it turns them on to watch guys fighting in a ring. You just can't handle it if it comes from guys.
    Listen up douche nozzle. People spending their private time getting off on wrestling/grappling is fine, the moment you bring it on the mat into a gym that is the problem REGARDLESS OF THEIR ORIENTATION OR GENDER. It's inappropriate I expect everyone to be able to leave their sexual desires/fetishes/what have you at the door. Sounds like you're projecting to excuse your lack of self control.

I'm sure your doc has great look at the History, Gays in wrestling, but sexuality brought onto the mat is unacceptable.
    (Lol on Slidey for always angling to get a free dvd).
    Last edited by DKJr; 11/24/2009 10:41am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to read the posts above.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:45am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^No, you are the one who needs to stop being so arrogant, and when disagreed with, throw up the homophobe flag, that's no difference than playing the race card indiscriminately.(oh and before you try to get cute again, I'm black, sorry.)

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I second the request to hear Slidey's views on this
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Army Combatives, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to agree that worrying about someone's sexuality while you are on the mat is a good way to get tapped. There are no gay men in the gym I train in that I know of but we do have one female who happens to be quite attractive. I suppose someone might be thinking about her in a sexual manner for the 3.7 sec it takes for them to realize she has sick jits and very little concern for how bad you look when she is choking the **** out of you.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast