Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 6:07am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally as a gay guy that trains the absolute last thing on my mind while training is sex and I'm pretty appalled and creeped out by that documentary in general; There really is a big creepy eroticized wrestling subculture in the gay world and a lot of the attention is turning to Jits, so if the guy was posting on matbattle or something then I really can't blame them.

The homophobia thing is something I've never had much of a problem with personally other than my eyes hurting a little bit from them rolling so often. Then again even though I'm open about who I am I'm also pretty "straight-acting" so people tend to get to know me pretty well before they find out about that part so it is much less of an issue by then.

On the other hand I do have some reservations about bringing along my femme, Leonardo Dicaprio lookalike boyfriend to practice out of fear that there might be some 'accidents' during partner drills or something like that. I kind of hope he'll take up Wushu instead.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 7:00am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Oh good grief. A list of "gay friendly" gyms? Really? Why stop there? Why not a list of S & M friendly gyms?
    No one ever says anything when I turn up to get changed with my back bruised or covered in abrasions. Only time someone asked anything was when I had a V of bruising from my shouders to my waist, they asked what did it, I replied Bullwhip. I guess people aren't so bothered about S & M stuff as they are about homosexuality for some reason. No logic there though.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 7:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP is the owner of the youtube account, btw.

Another clip there, way more homoerotic discussion.

Wrestling MAs = gay, as per him.

I call bullshido.

:bsflag:

You want to sell a few DVDs more? - Not for this ****, bro.

Ban please.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 11/24/2009 7:49am at .

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 7:29am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rafe, do a search on here for his earlier work. He does not seem to be able to split homoeroticsm and grappling. He finds it erotic therefore everyone does. I've not watched this clip, but I guess there is some of that coming through. Saying that, banning someone from a club for being a certain sexual orientation is crap.
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 8:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, man. Pushups.

Wow, so this n00b almost managed to pawn me.

In any case, I would think that *real* gay wrestlers would consider this a disservice.

I never had a problem with training with homosexuals; however, after watching a dozen of videos telling me how sexually arousing it apparently is, I well might have in the future.

I mean, huuh, I don't to come home from training one day and have to sit down with my girlfriend and tell her:

"I am not heterosexual any more, darling. I am jiu jitsu."

The more I read of the OP, the more I get the impression we're dealing with a possible Douchebag of the Month here.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 11/24/2009 8:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 8:12am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gays grappling with me = cool.

gays grappling with me and feeling homoerotic about it = not cool.

op seems to prefer the second interpretation, therefore he can go **** himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 8:56am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woah, the climate changed here fast, one final thought though:

Pretty disappointed that he considers this a "wrestling" film, as I feel the homoeroticism basically overtakes anything about wrestling the film shows. When i was reading the synopsis, I thought we were gonna get a well done documentary about wrestling in general, including some of the seedier parts, but that was more or less false advertisement after watching the trailer and some more of his clips, it seems that's just the platform for his own biased opinion.("GRAPPLING IS GAY, HUR HUR HUR!!!")

So pretty much gotta agree with Raph about this being a disservice to gay grapplers, as well as grapplers in general. :/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You see, this is the problem with most of you, you watched a few other teasers and still have NOT watched the entire 2-hour documentary. You make judgments on a few trailers. The film is being received well by both serious gay grapplers and straight grapplers. There is not a single gay grappler I know who gets off while grappling in a public competition or training course, so everytime you say something like that you sound VERY stupid. Of course they don't, they're there to wrestle just like everyone else.

But yes, there are guys, A LOT of guys, that in their PRIVATE time get off to watching or play wrestling, gay AND Straight. And there are MANY in your class who do it and will never tell you. It's no different than messing around with your girlfriend during foreplay. It doesn't damage the sport, it does nothing more than show another complex part of human nature. Deal with it.

You see how sick homophobia is, you make judgments before watching something. And yes, homophobia is close to being labeled as a "mental disorder" by the AMA because it is anger and hatred toward a perceived notion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:14am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^Yeah but not every one of us wrestles to exert some kind of latent sexual urges, get over it. Not a single one of us is insulting gay grapplers, we're insulting the notion that grappling in itself is homoerotic, which does a disservice to grapplers across the board, gay or hetero.

I don't give a **** about someone's orientation, what I was looking for is an in-depth docu on wrestling(of major interest being how moden pro wrestling is viewed by actual wrestlers), but even that segment had all those stupid gay jokes thrown in with the action figures.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you have NO right on this planet to tell ANYONE what THEY think is homoerotic, or not erotic. YOU do not decide what can or can't turn other people on. I am CERTAIN you would have no problem, if girls were to say, WHICH THEY DO, that it turns them on to watch guys fighting in a ring. You just can't handle it if it comes from guys.
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast