221938 Bullies, 4270 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I agree he shouldn't be in trouble for doing it, maybe it wasn't the best idea to walk into the station plonk the gun down on the desk without any prior warning.

Maybe he should have kept it at home and phoned the cops to tell them he had found it and to come get it? Or at least warned them he was bringing in a gun that he found?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 10:39am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The scariest thing about this thread is how effective the fucking brainwash job they did to Honesty was. Liberalism is fucking horrifying.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 10:43am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** off. I think you will see if you re-read what I said that the law has been applied as it has to be, and that the guy was screwed over, but theres not much he can do. This whiney fucking tabloid style of journalism is written to make you feel sorry for the dumb prick.

There are laws that are strict liability in America/Australia/Britain. It happens to be that this is one here. There was nothing that could have been done about that as it was obvious he was guilty, since he took the sodding gun into the police station himself.

Now, is the law just? Thats a different question and not one I have in any way approached.
    Last edited by honesty; 11/20/2009 10:48am at .
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 11:09am

Style: Adult Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank God I live in a country were I will not spend up to 5 years for turning in a fucking gun. Instead, we actually offer a money reward for turning in a firearm. **** the UK gun laws. They are bullshit and need to be reevaluated. This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while. The people responcible for this retarded law should be ashamed of themselves. The guy did the right thing in my opinion. I will never live in a country were I can go to jail for doing the right thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 11:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty View Post
    **** off. I think you will see if you re-read what I said that the law has been applied as it has to be, and that the guy was screwed over, but theres not much he can do. This whiney fucking tabloid style of journalism is written to make you feel sorry for the dumb prick.

There are laws that are strict liability in America/Australia/Britain. It happens to be that this is one here. There was nothing that could have been done about that as it was obvious he was guilty, since he took the sodding gun into the police station himself.

Now, is the law just? Thats a different question and not one I have in any way approached.

And had he decided to follow your stupid ass law and looked the other way, and a child came along and found it and blew his brains out with it, would he still be responcible? Yes he would, and it would be more of a crime not to take it into his hands to turn in the item to police. Fucking stupid ass **** laws like this destroy peoples lives.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 11:17am

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    Thank God I live in a country were I will not spend up to 5 years for turning in a fucking gun. Instead, we actually offer a money reward for turning in a firearm. **** the UK gun laws. They are bullshit and need to be reevaluated. This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while. The people responcible for this retarded law should be ashamed of themselves. The guy did the right thing in my opinion. I will never live in a country were I can go to jail for doing the right thing.
    For laughs you should read the California statutes on firearms possession. Especially those for possessing a hand gun.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 11:19am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    And had he decided to follow your stupid ass law and looked the other way, and a child came along and found it and blew his brains out with it, would he still be responcible? Yes he would, and it would be more of a crime not to take it into his hands to turn in the item to police. Fucking stupid ass **** laws like this destroy peoples lives.
    And what about if he was walking home and 30 crackheads attacked him on the lava and needle strewn broken glass, etc. etc.. Yeh, making up senarios is fun.

It was in his garden, not many kids wandering around there. Plus your assuming that if you did call the cops they would take ages to turn up, this may not have been the case. In fact they many have even told him what to do. As I said, he was a stupid prick. If you find a shotgun in a bag in your garden that has obviously been dumped, do you, a) take it inside. have tea. Go to sleep. Call the policy in the morning. Or b) call the cops?

He still got the short end of the stick though.
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 11:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty View Post
    And what about if he was walking home and 30 crackheads attacked him on the lava and needle strewn broken glass, etc. etc.. Yeh, making up senarios is fun.

It was in his garden, not many kids wandering around there. Plus your assuming that if you did call the cops they would take ages to turn up, this may not have been the case. In fact they many have even told him what to do. As I said, he was a stupid prick. If you find a shotgun in a bag in your garden that has obviously been dumped, do you, a) take it inside. have tea. Go to sleep. Call the policy in the morning. Or b) call the cops?

He still got the short end of the stick though.

It would not matter here were I am from. I could wait a week and then turn it in and still not face any criminal penalty's from it. What i am saying is that your gun laws suck ass. I would not live in a country were the military had the weapons and the civilians could not. The public needs to have weapons to protect itself from governments. The day my country tries to take my gun away is the day I move to another country that allows firearms.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 12:01pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    For laughs you should read the California statutes on firearms possession. Especially those for possessing a hand gun.

Something tells me they don't actually say what you think they do. Clip size limits are retarded, but nothing is remotely similar to this Joseph Heller nightmare.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 12:05pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't there a good samaritan clause, where the good the person does - turning in a restricted weapon that might discharge and kill a rodent or cat or hobo looking for food- outweighs the bad, like not thinking that the law is scewed.

If they couldn't do it for the Military vet...then think about the cats. Poor kitties could have been hurt.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast