222061 Bullies, 3486 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Latest Dojo Reviews!

Supporting Member jitschix recently added this review of Larry Sanders Black Belt Academy in Austin, Texas. Here's a snippet:
    How many people get to study under someone with FIFTY THREE BLACK BELTS in FIFTY THREE DIFFERENT MARTIAL ARTS?!

For my first visit, just to watch, I went to the school at about 6:45PM. The class was to begin at 7:30 and lasts until 9pm. Most students either train MW or T Th. There were two or three students already present, wearing light cotton karategi and street shoes (sneakers), desultorily stretching in an unsystematic manner. I entered the building and took a seat. I was greeted by a rotund, balding man wearing what appeared to be a smoking jacket or bathrobe in black, with white diamond stitching... this was the eminent Sijo Larry Sanders...
    Would you like to know more?

Member cam4276 supplied this review of Longtower Judo in Northern Ireland.
    The coach is Jim Toland who is the senior coach for Northern Ireland. Jim has won a number of awards for his coaching work and has built a very successful judo team. In the 2006 commonwealth games of Judo Northern Ireland came second out of 21 countries under Jim's management. He is also a very successful judo player himself and still competes in masters Judo.

The Wednesday classes are sometimes taught by Jim's wife Lisa who is also a very successful Judoka. I believe she trained full time with the British squad at one time and she is a fantastic technical coach and has competed successfully in several major events.
    Would you like to know more?

Member Keej613 kiai'd this review onto the site, of Kyokushin Ottawa - Goudrealt Dojo
    I was pleasantly surprised to see that these combos included knees and elbows in addition to standard jab / cross / hook / uppercut strikes. The combos we were learning / practicing would have been considered "advanced" by most of the Muay Thai places I've trained at, including one of the more highly-regarded / respected Muay Thai school in my city which doesn't teach that sort of stuff to its students unless they've been there for at least 6 months and have moved onto their "advanced" group

Wanto to know more deska?

Read these and other recent school reviews in our Reviews section. Remember, if you're familiar with these schools you can review them yourself as well. Just click "Go Advanced" to add your own ratings. Or feel free to start a new review if you do not see your school or one you've got experience with, listed!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 7:19pm

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has their service guaranteed these fine posters their citizenship?

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 8:42pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The book is so much better.