Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 1:55am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noone can prove he does (or did), or he doesnt (or didnt).....Wasteful arguement....

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 12:10pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Your points included that his size and growth were unlikely to be the result of anything but steroid use. Given that he was around 270 when he wrestled in college ten years ago this is unsupported.
    There is a HUGE difference in his build between the three pictures I posted. I based the theory off of what he looked like in college, and then what he looked like in the WWE. And the continued physique that he has in the UFC. I'm also basing it off the prevalence of steroid usage in professional wrestling.

Your points included that his behavior demonstrates "'roid rage". Given that his behavior is entirely within the range of that of pretty much every other mma fighter, this is unsupported. Dana White got annoyed about the Bud Light comment, that's it. The rest puts asses in the seats and is part of what he is being paid to do. By the way, when Matt Lindland disregarded White in regards to sponsors he got the boot. Lesnar got a scolding.
    Once again, you being comparative with other fighters. Dana White was also peeved about the way he portrayed himself (and the UFC) when he did his little angry celebration. It wasn't just about the Bud Light comment. Brock also admitted being out of control. And as you pointed out, when Matt Lindland disregarded White over the sponsors he was released. Lesnar was scolded. Again, "the mightiest redwood in the forest." (Buddy-buddy)

Your points included a personal impression that maybe, kind of, sort of, his jugular veins were too pronounced. Therefore he clearly has high blood pressure, indicative of steroid use. Of course, you also stated that your medical diagnosis was absolutely not speculative.
    I really don't think you understand what I'm saying. I think that, again, you're typing to hear your keyboard click away. A JVD "diagnosis" (fyi, it's an observation...not a diagnosis. You don't get diagnosed with JVD) can't really be speculative. I even gave you the analogy about my Celica. It's purely visual. Same thing with a gunshot wound. I guess we could go the other route with this and say he has right sided heart failure...or left ventricular dysfunction? I went with the common cause...high blood pressure.

Your points included that his current health problems are due to steroid use. This is completely tautological and thus not worth discussing much more.
    My points included the fact that it COULD HAVE been caused by steroids, or past usage. You keep misquoting me.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One point towards the genetic argument is what Brock looked like when he was younger.

Here's baby Brock

Teenager Brock

The guy does have some crazy genetics. It's possible he has used steroids, but he still is a genetic freak.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    The guy does have some crazy genetics. It's possible he has used steroids, but he still is a genetic freak.
    No no no. The fact that his apperance now compared to when he was in college looks like normal growth is proof positive that he does steroids.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 4:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    There is a HUGE difference in his build between the three pictures I posted. I based the theory off of what he looked like in college, and then what he looked like in the WWE. And the continued physique that he has in the UFC. I'm also basing it off the prevalence of steroid usage in professional wrestling.
    The continued physique that he has in the UFC looks completely natural to me in the context of his college and now wrestling pictures.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 5:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 5:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    so what the **** would cause that?
    Looked up his condition online.

Sorting through the technical mumbo jumbo, his condition is commonly caused by a low fiber diet over a lifetime. Hard stools creating pockets in the lower intestine. The condition becomes really bad if the pocket ruptures, or abscesses, or becomes a fistula.:XXpuke:

To put it in perspective though, most people in this country beyond middle age have the same condition.

Sooooo eat your vegetables people!

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 5:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he's just a goddamn meathead? That's no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    ...ok.

Roid rage - check
    Monstrous appearance (size/muscle growth) - check
    Weakened Immune System - check
    Possible case of diverticulitis (which can be triggered by steroidal abuse) - check
    High blood pressure - check (noticeable by the JVD when he's at rest)

Do we really need to do this dance?
    It could be lup...auto-immune.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2009 12:54pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Founder of College Park Mixed Martial Arts Style: BJJ, San Shou, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think most people (you) are hating on Brock because while many of us play mma, he goes out and does it as a professional and does it well.

Posted On:
    11/21/2009 1:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By many accounts steroid use is common in the WWE but frankly nothing about Lesnar is so exceptional as to need that to explain his behavior, his build, his athleticism or his current health status. So, while I wouldn't be surprised I also recognize that there is pretty much nothing to firmly suggest use.
    What seems likely is that he cycled roids during his WWE career. With great genetics, he may have not needed to do this as much as others. And with only a short period of time involved he likely does not have as many complications as long-term users. He probably did not during college wrestling and does not now in MMA.

I don't attribute his celebration antics to roid rage- more likely it was a holdover from the WWE persona - that's all part of the game there.

As far as current medical complications with his intestines, who knows? Genetics, diet, poor initial diagnosis in Canada, it may not be important. Life happens, and we're all supporting him getting back to full speed so we can have some great fights ahead and dream of a Fedor matchup.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast