223777 Bullies, 3884 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 73
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    I read your quotes...and here's where I think you just like reading your own words. I stated that his illness could likely be due to steroid usage. I also said that it could be symptoms of both past and present usage.

    I kind of held off on this point, but I'm sick of reading your posts already. If you will concede that he probably used steroids in his past, why wouldn't you concede that it could be a precipitating factor to his medical illness? Why the inane argument?
    You're arguing a positive position about him having used steroids based on scant evidence and most of your evidence is consistent with other explanations.

    By many accounts steroid use is common in the WWE but frankly nothing about Lesnar is so exceptional as to need that to explain his behavior, his build, his athleticism or his current health status. So, while I wouldn't be surprised I also recognize that there is pretty much nothing to firmly suggest use.
  2. OZZ is online now
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,231

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He probably(99(% chance) was on roids during his pro wrestling days..but I doubt he's done any since he started MMA. He doesn't need to anymore..he's bigger than 90% of the guys in the sport.
    I'm willing to bet his health problems are directly related to it.
    Saying there's no 'proof' he did steroids is fine..but there's no 'proof' that OJ's guilty either -is there?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  3. Kickapoo is offline
    Kickapoo's Avatar

    Sick double leg.

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Perrineville, New Jersey
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there were only one or two signs of steroid usage, sure. If it smells like a fish, it may not be a fish. But if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish, tastes like a fish, feels like a fish...hopefully you see where I'm going with this.
  4. AlphaFoxtrot51 is offline
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,752

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:44pm


     Style: Sambo n3wb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    You're arguing a positive position about him having used steroids based on scant evidence and most of your evidence is consistent with other explanations.

    By many accounts steroid use is common in the WWE but frankly nothing about Lesnar is so exceptional as to need that to explain his behavior, his build, his athleticism or his current health status. So, while I wouldn't be surprised I also recognize that there is pretty much nothing to firmly suggest use.
    Fine, I'm arguing a positive position and you're arguing a negative one. I guess we'll leave it there and see what happens
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:


  5. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    If there were only one or two signs of steroid usage, sure. If it smells like a fish, it may not be a fish. But if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish, tastes like a fish, feels like a fish...hopefully you see where I'm going with this.
    Your signs are bullshit is the point.
  6. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    Fine, I'm arguing a positive position and you're arguing a negative one. I guess we'll leave it there and see what happens
    I'm actually not doing the later, simply arguing against the former out of boredom and because it is weakly supported.
  7. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    I'm willing to bet his health problems are directly related to it.
    What are your medical qualifications?
    By most accounts this condition is caused by a build up of a waste in the folds of the large intestine.

    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Saying there's no 'proof' he did steroids is fine..but there's no 'proof' that OJ's guilty either -is there?
    No there is evidence of the later. There really isn't any evidence of the former though, except that people think he's really big.
  8. AlphaFoxtrot51 is offline
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,752

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:50pm


     Style: Sambo n3wb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    I'm actually not doing the later, simply arguing against the former out of boredom and because it is weakly supported.
    Unfortunately, my points weren't too weakly supported. Your arguments consist of, "no," "you're wrong," and variations of the same thing. By all means please refute my points with something intelligent. I have a volunteer meeting to go to, I'll be back in a little over an hour. It should help your boredom.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:


  9. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 7:17pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    Unfortunately, my points weren't too weakly supported. Your arguments consist of, "no," "you're wrong," and variations of the same thing. By all means please refute my points with something intelligent. I have a volunteer meeting to go to, I'll be back in a little over an hour. It should help your boredom.
    Your points included that his size and growth were unlikely to be the result of anything but steroid use. Given that he was around 270 when he wrestled in college ten years ago this is unsupported.

    Your points included that his behavior demonstrates "'roid rage". Given that his behavior is entirely within the range of that of pretty much every other mma fighter, this is unsupported. Dana White got annoyed about the Bud Light comment, that's it. The rest puts asses in the seats and is part of what he is being paid to do. By the way, when Matt Lindland disregarded White in regards to sponsors he got the boot. Lesnar got a scolding.

    Your points included a personal impression that maybe, kind of, sort of, his jugular veins were too pronounced. Therefore he clearly has high blood pressure, indicative of steroid use. Of course, you also stated that your medical diagnosis was absolutely not speculative.

    Your points included that his current health problems are due to steroid use. This is completely tautological and thus not worth discussing much more.

    That about it?
  10. OZZ is online now
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,231

    Posted On:
    11/19/2009 9:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well UPA - you seem to like playing the devil's advocate, so go to it.Neither camp can prove their supposition so its fruitless.
    But I would still be willing to bet a LARGE sum of money that he did.:bootyshak
    I am sure a book deal will be forthcoming some time in the next few years..maybe then we will find out for sure.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.