Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is funny. I never thought I'd be defending Lesnar.
    He may well juice as an MMA fighter but none of the reasons given here do a damn bit in demonstrating as such.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 5:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    ...speculation how? It's a visible thing. No speculation necessary. That's like saying that me stating my toyota celica being black is a speculation.
    You're drawing conclusions about his medical condition and inferring drug use based on something you saw in an interview.
    What isn't speculative about that?

You're also concluding that what could well be simple prominence on a big guy hyping a fight or himself is distention.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 11/19/2009 5:10pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 5:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to repeat it since it may get ignored as an edit in a previous post:
    Lesnar wrestled collegiatly in 2000 at around 270 pounds. He was 23ish at the time.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 5:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think what he is trying to say is that we are not sure just at what point this distention becomes a signal for possible steroid abuse.

Please note: ad hominem attacks don't do your arguments any favors, but they DO make you look a little silly.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 5:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Coming back to this pair of pictures, you're comparing an individual at 22 (at 270ish pounds [edit: not necessarily correct as that was where he was at preseason for 2000 and I just realized your picture was 1999) with the same individual at 33.

Frankly these pictures seem to support him not being on steroids to me.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 11/19/2009 5:21pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    In that instance the police revealed that Lesnar was not, in fact, in possession of any steroids and that it was a mistake on the part of the police. For all of his five ("lol") mma fights Lesnar has been tested and never found to be 'roiding. That mugshot is not evidence of him having steroids in his possession.

Regardless of how suspicious we may all be there actually is no evidence that Lesnar does steroids besides impressions.
    I know.. I was being sarcastic. But for the benefit of speculation, the mugshot is evidence that authorities did take him in and initially charge him with possession and trafficking of Steroids. He was exonerated of the Charges, but Lab tests provided that the pills he was caught with were "some kind of growth Hormone" and his attorney categorized them as "A Vitamin type of thing." Nothing else was revealed about what they were exactly.

I would say that other people share the same impression, but does Brock feel that people are discriminating against him when it comes to the Steroid question, due to his size? I would say that if so, he would be pretty damn hypocritical to take em.

Another thing, generally speaking, is that there are products like this out there.. -

http://legalsteroids.com/

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:12pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming back to this pair of pictures, you're comparing an individual at 22 (at 270ish pounds [edit: not necessarily correct as that was where he was at preseason for 2000 and I just realized your picture was 1999) with the same individual at 33.

Frankly these pictures seem to support him not being on steroids to me.
    I also loaded up the WWE picture that was taken after the NCAA picture and before the UFC picture. I posted that one in there for a reason, being it covers that time span you just wrote off.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also loaded up the WWE picture that was taken after the NCAA picture and before the UFC picture. I posted that one in there for a reason, being it covers that time span you just wrote off.
    I also would not be surprised if he hasn't (used steroids) since he left pro-wrestling.
    Reading is your friend.

The fact is that your argument about his giant size necessarily indicating steroid abuse is unsupported by reality. He's a big dude and always has been a big dude, as comparisons of him at 22 and then 33 demonstrate.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're drawing conclusions about his medical condition and inferring drug use based on something you saw in an interview.
    What isn't speculative about that?

You're also concluding that what could well be simple prominence on a big guy hyping a fight or himself is distention.
    I made a comment about JVD. Noting that he was at a position of rest, where he was not talking (or singing for that matter). Was not displaying any signs and/or symptoms of stress such as sweating, flushed skin. The interview I actually watched was a bio about him where he was sitting in a chair, listening to someone asking him a question in a completely demure setting. Also, had it been the case that he was "hyped up," the temporal blood vessels and/or supraorbital vein would also be visible. But they weren't...

It's a simple fact of anatomy. The size of the person doesn't make a difference in this case...certain parts of you grow proportionately along with the rest of your body. The jugular vein is one of those things.

I'm inferring the possibility of drug usage based on the collection of items, not just one thing.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 6:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading is your friend.

The fact is that your argument about his giant size necessarily indicating steroid abuse is unsupported by reality. He's a big dude and always has been a big dude, as comparisons of him at 22 and then 33 demonstrate.
    I read your quotes...and here's where I think you just like reading your own words. I stated that his illness could likely be due to steroid usage. I also said that it could be symptoms of both past and present usage.

I kind of held off on this point, but I'm sick of reading your posts already. If you will concede that he probably used steroids in his past, why wouldn't you concede that it could be a precipitating factor to his medical illness? Why the inane argument?

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast