221942 Bullies, 4165 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 10:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    so what the **** would cause that?
    5 sec differential off the top of my head w/o a history or PE: Peptic ulcer disease, gallstone ileus, Crohn's disease (I think), diverticulitis, etc. Leakage of GI fluids into the peritoneum is very, very irritating.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 11:01am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    In that instance the police revealed that Lesnar was not, in fact, in possession of any steroids and that it was a mistake on the part of the police. For all of his five ("lol") mma fights Lesnar has been tested and never found to be 'roiding. That mugshot is not evidence of him having steroids in his possession.

Regardless of how suspicious we may all be there actually is no evidence that Lesnar does steroids besides impressions.
    Not for nothing, but there was a point in my life where I was bench pressing 315lbs (I weighed 185lbs), doing about 500 push-ups and 600 sit-ups a night, plus PT in the morning among other activities. I never looked anything like that. Neither has anyone I've known. With my experience involving pro-wrestlers...most of them use steroids. The only reason nobody jumps up and screams about it, is because most people don't care...that's what they pay to see.

The difference between MMA and pro-wrestling...is that the fights are real (most of the time) and that people want to see a certain amount of fairness in that fight. Otherwise we'd be watching Bob Sapp punching out Uriah Faber (I could only wish).
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who is going to look at Brock Lesnar and subscribes to his 'genetic gift' theory of being so huge is doing a whole lot of willful suspension of disbelief.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 12:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    Not for nothing, but there was a point in my life where I was bench pressing 315lbs (I weighed 185lbs), doing about 500 push-ups and 600 sit-ups a night, plus PT in the morning among other activities. I never looked anything like that. Neither has anyone I've known. With my experience involving pro-wrestlers...most of them use steroids. The only reason nobody jumps up and screams about it, is because most people don't care...that's what they pay to see.

Not for nothing, but there was a point in my life where I was bench pressing 315lbs for four sets of 10 and ran a 5k in 19 minutes. There was more than one occasion where people asked what I was using, which was nothing. I wasn't even taking any legal supplements and ate mostly top ramen with egg in it for most dinners.

Lesnar is not Overeem, he carries considerable weight in addition to whatever muscle he has and has a clearly large frame. I would not be surprised if he were using steroids but I also would not be surprised if he hasn't since he left pro-wrestling. For a guy his height and shoulder width I don't find his size that unbelievable. Then again I've been north of 200#'s for most of the last 12 years and he's a good 3 inches taller than me based on published reports.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 12:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    Anyone who is going to look at Brock Lesnar and subscribes to his 'genetic gift' theory of being so huge is doing a whole lot of willful suspension of disbelief.
    From this I'm going to surmise that you're small and "lift for definition".

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right I'm small, and no, I do not lift for definition, I lift to get stronger. Would you guess it looking at me? No. Does that bother me? Not particularly.

So you're saying you don't think Lesnar is on anything? Really now?

EDIT: Please note: I am not basing my assumption that Lesnar is on steroids based on his physical appearance alone. I am basing it on his physical appearance, his past history in 'professional wrestling', and his behavior in interviews.

We are derailing this thread with our Brock Lesnar steroid squabble. If you would like to make another thread where we address this issue, by all means, and I'd be happy to trade points with you on the matter. If not, I shall concede that every human body is different and that Brock Lesnar has never tested positive for any illegal supplements.
    Last edited by Kickapoo; 11/19/2009 12:47pm at .

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 1:10pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...ok.

Roid rage - check
    Monstrous appearance (size/muscle growth) - check
    Weakened Immune System - check
    Possible case of diverticulitis (which can be triggered by steroidal abuse) - check
    High blood pressure - check (noticeable by the JVD when he's at rest)

Do we really need to do this dance?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 1:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    So you're saying you don't think Lesnar is on anything? Really now?
    Actually, if you read my post, what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't find his size as impressive as others; he's a big dude but I know lots of big dudes who got that big naturally.

As for pro-wrestling, sure he probably did them back then. Does that necessarily mean he's doing them now? No.
    And his behavior is exactly what White wants it to be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 2:04pm

Style: Weightlifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    From this I'm going to surmise that you're small and "lift for definition".
    Oh don't you just love them as much as the "Hey guyz? I wanna work out but donna wanna touch weightz cos i might turn into god zillia after one rep"

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 2:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roid rage - check
    When?
    Yelling at the camera after the Mir victory? Looked like most fighters to me but with an ill-fitting mouthpiece making him drool more.
    I'm picturing Tito on top of a cage right now and trying to figure out the difference.

Monstrous appearance (size/muscle growth) - check
    Uncheck. He's always been big. You can go back to his early junior college matches. Massive growth would be characterized by Overeem's growth over the last six years.

I also don't think he's as big as some make him out to be. He's smaller than several of the TUF heavyweights (Jones, Shivers and I think one or two others) both in muscle mass and otherwise.

Weakened Immune System - check
    Possible case of diverticulitis (which can be triggered by steroidal abuse) - check
    Weakened immune system (speculation on your part, **** happens) can be caused by any number of factors including intense training and overtraining which, based on reports about his camp, wouldn't be too unlikely.

High blood pressure - check (noticeable by the JVD when he's at rest)
    At rest or getting worked up promoting the fight?
    Also, I know lots of guys who often have prominent veins even when at rest.

Do we really need to do this dance?
    As I've repeatedly said, Lesnar using steroids wouldn't surprise me but it also wouldn't surprise me if he were not. Everything you've mentioned is incredibly circumstantial and as easily explained by him being a top athlete as anything else.

As of now there is no evidence that Lesnar uses steroids besides the fact that he's bigger than you're accustomed to. I, on the other hand, have met many people close to his size.

Speculate all you want but currently it is all baseless.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast