Posted On:
    11/18/2009 1:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Matrixing

Hi, all...

This may not be the correct forum for this, but has anyone had any experience with Al Case and his Matrixing (monstermartialarts.com)? I keep seeing the ads for this one, and am curious. Please let me know what you think.

Shadow:new_usa:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 2:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Garbage plain and simple! Learn aikido in 80 minutes...I know how this forum feels about aikido but even if it is not an effective means of combat it is still way to complex to learn in 80 minutes.

Also I'm pretty sure matrixing refers to how our brains organize information that we take in. Martial Arts (even crappy ones) require muscle memory that must be developed through repetition. Does the amount of repetition needed vary from person to person yes but EVERYONE needs repetition to learn pretty much any complex physical skill (golf swing, throwing a football, shooting free throws, hitting a ommaplata, uchi mata, etc) You can't get that in the time they are claiming!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 2:38pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido is a prime example of an Art that is almost matrixed. It goes so far, yet, with matrixing, it could go all the way. What does ‘all the way’ mean? ‘All the Way’ means you could master it in months. Not the decades it now takes, but months. Consider the Instant Aikido Seminar (Now called Matrix Aikido). I took four guys and... (quoted from their website)

If nothing else on this page lets you know they are full of crap, this one block of text should be a giant red flag. First, I'll admit that I honestly have no idea what they mean by Aikido "going all the way" but I have a dirty mind and I'll let you guess what conclusions I came to for my own amusement. Seriously though, anyone who claims that you can "master Aikido" in months is 100% full of crap. I can tell you from personal experince that nobody with any background in Aikido would say that to you with a straight face.

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 2:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the replies.... I pretty much figured the same as what you all are saying... just wanted another opinion. I appreciate it.

Shadow

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 9:53am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I was hoping this was about super fast bullet ducking.

Well, despite my disappointment, I would guess it's BS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 10:49am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh why can't people leave poor Aikido alone :(

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 9:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lominus View Post
    Oh why can't people leave poor Aikido alone :(
    Because it sucks even though if aliveness was added it would not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 12:41pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sley View Post
    Because it sucks even though if aliveness was added it would not.
    Kinda' meaning that if Aikido is the lame martial art that sucks why do all of these self-made fantasy martial artists include Aikido in their curriculum and/or inflated credentials?

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    11/20/2009 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lominus View Post
    Kinda' meaning that if Aikido is the lame martial art that sucks why do all of these self-made fantasy martial artists include Aikido in their curriculum and/or inflated credentials?
    it sounds cool, also as I stated I've seen alive training Akido school make some Decent sub grappling, it just has to be alive so are the tardation gets removed.

Posted On:
    10/25/2011 2:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering about this advertisement for Monster Martial Arts myself. I laughed while reading the testimonials when someone said " My brain is just buzzing away ready to go into overload. I have been taught so much and learned so little." Ha-Ha.........I have been taught so much and learned so little............Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check out your past or present Black Belt Magazine and read it for yourself in the Matrix your Martial Arts advertisement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast