Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/10/2004 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Shug, I'd say your problem is intensity. When you finish a three-minute round, you hould NEED the break, and you should be barely ready to start again.

Start prepping your mental game.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Death Dealer

Posted On:
    2/10/2004 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, guys. Well, maybe I'll give that a shot then. The problem is that the only people in the dojo who can really give me a run for my money are the instructors. There are no girls aside from the one blackbelt chick who helps teach that can really make me work, and the same is true for most of the guys. The thing with them is not that they're weak/small or anything, but they aren't advanced enough to have a whole lot of technique, and the repertoire is pretty limited, so it's not as helpful as fighting someone experienced. Otherwise I'd be more than happy to see if they'd participate.

Oh, and I'm at a green belt level, so two below black. (I think someone asked.) Testing for brown will probably be in April or so, and that's another reason I want to work on my fighting endurance.
    We are Kyokushin. We fight. And sometimes we do kata.

Death Dealer

Posted On:
    2/10/2004 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thx, Edge. :D
    We are Kyokushin. We fight. And sometimes we do kata.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12