Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 12:28am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Hoist with your own petard! Although I suspect you'd rather be "hoist" on something of his...
    Jesus H Fucking Christ. I had to go to wiki to understand Mr. TheRuss:
    Meaning

Injured by the device that you intended to use to injure others.

Origin

The phrase 'hoist with one's own petar[d]' is often cited as 'hoist by one's own petar[d]'. The two forms mean the same, although the former is strictly a more accurate version of the original source. A petard is, or rather was, as they have long since fallen out of use, a small engine of war used to blow breaches in gates or walls. They were originally metallic and bell-shaped but later cubical wooden boxes. Whatever the shape, the significant feature was that they were full of gunpowder - basically what we would now call a bomb.

The device was used by the military forces of all the major European fighting nations by the 16th century. In French and English - petar or petard, and in Spanish and Italian - petardo.

Now why is Hesperus talking about Graduate Record Exams?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 1:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    Jesus H Fucking Christ. I had to go to wiki to understand Mr. TheRuss:
    Shakespeare, my friend. Shakespeare.

Now why is Hesperus talking about Graduate Record Exams?
    Maybe he meant grigri?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 1:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well he does have tight buns!
    As a senior KK bb I posted on GSP's facebook site. Made myself as clear as I could and let him know exactly my opinion. One honest Kyokushinkai bb to another, the betrayer I think I called him, one against ten gazillion nut riders. And now I get fucking pro-GSP spam emails!

Christ...
    Someones jealous. Is he better than you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 2:37am

Style: Wrestling, bjj, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    What about the idea of GSP competing at the olympic level in Wrestling and possibly going to the 2012 games? Anyone think this is realistic?
    much of GSP's success wrestling in MMA is dependant on the stance of fighters and his speed, a wrestling stance is much harder to shoot on, especially with the types of shots hes uses, and does a lot to negate speed advantages. I would expect him to do well, as i'm sure he has wrestling set-ups we just never see him use, but its unlikely he'll beat McDonald who can deal with the stance much more familarly than GSP can. I would love to see Satiev vs St. Pierre however, since while I'm fairly sure Satiev would eat him alive, GSP may have the power to bring Satiev down if he gets an opening(big if)

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 3:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A gris-gris (pronounced gree-gree,) is an amulet used to ward off evil spirits. There is a saying: 'Everybody got a gris-gris.' Everybody has irrational beliefs. It’s a truism that serves not so much to make a particularly insightful point, as to force us to always keep our irrationality in mind. Everybody is capable of being suckered by silly, irrational nonsense." -Graham Templeton

I spelled it wrong, sorry.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 10:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Someones jealous. Is he better than you?
    What, me a mediocre black belt might not be as good a fighter as a great champion? God forbid!

I do seem to have higher morals though.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have higher morals because you don't have a corner man who accidentally puts a little vaseline between your shoulder blades, a place that would probably never affect the outcome of a fight and ended up NOT affecting the outcome of the fight?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 12:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Out come is not relevant.
    2) Accidental my ass.
    3) Little vaseline between shoulder blades... NOT!
    4) Find the original comments by Dana. I saw them and posted it (youtube as I recall) and compare those comments (something like "Fucking cheating bullshit,") to his $$$$$$$ influenced comments he made the next day that whitewashed the issue.
    5)I wasn't there, but I'd ask Nevada State Athletic Commission's executive director Keith Kizer. He ran into the cage when he saw Phil Nurse greasing up GSP. Rudy Valentino (Penn's trainer) says they warned the Nevada State Athletic Commission before the fight alleging that St. Pierre did it before their meeting in 2006 and that Matt Serra's camp claimed the same thing happened in Serra's second fight against GSP.
    6) It's fine for fans to like GSP, I used to like him myself, but let's stay real and call a spade a spade and a cheater a cheater. I'm affiliated with Muay Thai out of Vegas on a very n00bie level and I was rather blown away with the requirements including Dr., paid and non-paid, affiliated and non-affiliated corner men, refs, judges, and the whole institutionalized structure that has been developed to insure safety and fair play and help to prevent cheating and rule breaking. To make the fights safe and provide a level playing field is the goal. That didn't occur.

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 5:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot all about the cheating, now I hate GSP again :(

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 6:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4) Find the original comments by Dana. I saw them and posted it (youtube as I recall) and compare those comments (something like "Fucking cheating bullshit,") to his $$$$$$$ influenced comments he made the next day that whitewashed the issue.
    A few days ago Dana was saying Brockle Snar might die.

Today, Brockle is sitting in his house taking it easy and eating a low fiber diet.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast