Page 2 of 2 First 12

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS View Post
    Funny, because a number of the guys from my club (browns and above have all moved to doing sweep, pass, mount and choke. I think it is an obvious progression within the art. The art isn't changing, it's just what a person does when they train for a long time.
    Isn't that kind of the 'yellow brick road' though? I mean I only have a couple years, blue etc, but that's like a no-brainer in my thoughts? If you're in their guard just start at step 2 etc, right?

Or is he saying rather than, pass to side (attack plethora etc), but always pass, mount, cross?

I do see the... over all of it though, like I don't like going from mount to armbar sometimes just due to losing that position if he rotates out (although yeah, triangle attack etc).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good points, and really logical, guys. I mean, what would you rather have, guard/half guard, or mount/side control? Sure, there are some options from the bottom. But with positional dominance from the top, there is much more control and many other options.

Page 2 of 2 First 12