225240 Bullies, 4144 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 11:47am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need to Recover lost cell phone data, IMPORTANT TO B.S. INVESTIGATION!!!

Hi ya'll I don't want to start too much trouble but if you look at my post history you will see which investigation I'm talking about :)

I recorded part of an "encounter" on my cell phone, an LGVX something and it's gone now.

In my adrenaline rush state, I closed the phone thinking it would automatically save the video, but it turns out I am dumb and if you close the camera it just erases it.

I know you can recover lost data on computer hard drives and am wondering if anyone knows how to do this or where I can send my phone to get his done to it and am hoping I might be able to get some of the video back.

COME ON BULLIES!!!! ITS FOR THE CAUSE!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 1:58pm

Style: TKD, Muy Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may want to try taking the phone to one of your carrier's retail locations. They may be able to recover your lost data.

Mine was able to help me recover my contact list from a phone that had been under water.

I also know that there is data recovery software out there that can recover data from a memory card, if your phone uses one.

The real question is whether or not the video was saved at any point.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know of data recovery software for phones, but it isn't cheap. drivesavers will recover it for you, but again, that's expensive.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How expensive? We have most of what we want, just his phone had it at another angle.

Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 5:28pm

Style: TKD, Muy Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1 View Post
    How expensive? We have most of what we want, just his phone had it at another angle.

Thanks.
    I've seen packages anywhere from $65.00 to $250.00 and higher. You may be able to find a free trial, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 1:01am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drive recovery software only works if the areas on the drive havn't been overwritten by any new data. With it also being flash memory, that hurts your chances a bit more. Unless its some key point that you absolutely MUST have, id probably forget it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 2:10am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like CorvusCorvanes said.

My understanding with hard drive data, is that when you erase something, it is still technically there until it replaced with new priority data. So basically, the less you use your phone until trying to restore the data the better your chances are.