Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:39am

Style: brazilian jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

trainfightwin.com - questionable to say the least.

Before I go any further, I am posting this just to get other people's opinions on the matter. Perhaps someone knows the guy behind the site, or trained with him, or watched him compete.

So, I first came across this website because the URL was listed on youtube.

YouTube - Butterfly Guard - Arm Drag to D'arce Choke

would be one example of an instructional from the site administrator. This along with several other videos shows somewhat sloppy or downright ineffective technique that is being marketed as "grappling not for submission wrestling, but for mma". Reading his bio, he says that he was involved in jiu jitsu but then got awarded a "shodan" in mixed martial arts later on. This on top of the fact that he looks physically out of shape raised some red flags for me.

So I was just curious if anyone on here knows if the site/instructor is legit, if they've ever seen him compete or trained with him, etc etc.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brolli View Post
    Before I go any further, I am posting this just to get other people's opinions on the matter. Perhaps someone knows the guy behind the site, or trained with him, or watched him compete.

So, I first came across this website because the URL was listed on youtube.

YouTube - Butterfly Guard - Arm Drag to D'arce Choke

would be one example of an instructional from the site administrator. This along with several other videos shows somewhat sloppy or downright ineffective technique that is being marketed as "grappling not for submission wrestling, but for mma". Reading his bio, he says that he was involved in jiu jitsu but then got awarded a "shodan" in mixed martial arts later on. This on top of the fact that he looks physically out of shape raised some red flags for me.

So I was just curious if anyone on here knows if the site/instructor is legit, if they've ever seen him compete or trained with him, etc etc.
    YouTube- Butterfly Guard - Arm Drag to D'arce Choke

Not that bad. I personally wouldn't do the arm drag like that, but everything else seemed fine.

I found this page which states he is currently a black belt (not sure in what) and started training in '98. It also says he no longer competes or trains often due to work.

http://trainwithmamma.com/index.php?...r=63&Itemid=41