Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2004 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get on the mat and train and let go of excuses. You'll improve alot faster.

Funny, that's the thrust of my feelings towards those who DO take steroids.

Posted On:
    2/09/2004 4:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The simple fact that YOU KNOW that you are they way you are BECAUSE of steroids, makes them a weakness.
    Eventually you NEED to get off them, eventually you HAVE to stop taking them.
    And when that happens you feel like LESS the a normal person.
    All the guys I know that take them, are like ***** cats when they are off them, you can manhandle them because SUBCONCIOUSLY they KNOW they are weaker.

Think of it like the avergage guy AFTER a SERIOUS flu.
    Remember how weak and pathetic you feel? think you can take anyone? NOPE
    Think you can bench 200 ? NOPE.

That is how it is for guys who are dependant on them.

Anything you take that ENHANCES you abilities and performences is a WEAKNESS, because deep down in place you don't talk about at parties, YOU KNOW that it's the juice and NOT YOU.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 12:39am

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THEY ARE CALLED "BANNED PERFORANCE ENHANCING DRUGS"

You guys are lumping everything together. HGH, Blood doping, and Anabolic Steroids are 3 totally seperate things.

As far as side affects go, each of the hundreds of drugs react differently. Event differently depending on the person. Some have harsh undesireable side affect, some have great sides affect (Aside from the obvious).

Like someone else stated Some of these drugs are detectable and some aren't. Some of shorter detection times then others but cycling to get around drug tests is risky business. Most athletes who are tested regularly are probably using HGH or Insulin.

I train with people who are on Steroids and HGH on a regular basis. I used some things myself before I considered seriously training to fight.

There is a big and unfair advantage in using Banned performance Enhancers. But it is nothing that skill cannot over come.

I train with a juice head who is 5'8@185lbs (I'm 6'3 190lbs), he benches 485lbs, squats gods knows how much, has been training about the same amount of time I have and I still manage to get the best of him.

If I had to guess I'd go with Joes Estimate that around 50-60% of the fighters have been on something at one point or another. Out of that I'd say that 30% of them are regular users ex. Silva, Baroni, Coleman, Mirko, Lebanner. Then there's the Tim Syliva's and Barnetts who've tryed it but obviously haven't been relying on it like the others.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 1:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by ronin69
    The simple fact that YOU KNOW that you are they way you are BECAUSE of steroids, makes them a weakness.
    Eventually you NEED to get off them, eventually you HAVE to stop taking them.
    And when that happens you feel like LESS the a normal person.
    All the guys I know that take them, are like ***** cats when they are off them, you can manhandle them because SUBCONCIOUSLY they KNOW they are weaker.

Think of it like the avergage guy AFTER a SERIOUS flu.
    Remember how weak and pathetic you feel? think you can take anyone? NOPE
    Think you can bench 200 ? NOPE.

That is how it is for guys who are dependant on them.

Anything you take that ENHANCES you abilities and performences is a WEAKNESS, because deep down in place you don't talk about at parties, YOU KNOW that it's the juice and NOT YOU.

*sigh*
    You just dont get it. Steroids dont make you a great athlete, they'll only make you stronger and recover from intense training faster.
    Steroids alone will not make you stronger, faster, a great Judoka, boxer, kickboxer, MMArtist, etc.
    Guys that go off steroids do NOT whither away to 90 lb weaklings when off steroids unless they put down steroids and take up smoking crack or something extreme like that.
    I've never done steroids but that doesnt mean I buy into all the ridiculous myths and misconceptions.
    You should do a little research and try talking to guys that actually do steroids. Personally, I dont think you know anyone that takes steroids.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 1:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no knowledge of the inside workings of PRIDE or UFC, and don't know any professional fighters, but since that hasn't stopped anyone else, I'd also like to join in and give a random number on how many fighters do steroids.

74%
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    2/13/2004 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point about Silva, Berserk411. It never occured to me that 'roids are probably the only way the Chute Boxe team can train two or three times a day.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345