Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 1:16pm

Style: BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1 View Post
    There will be no size difference, and I am happy to keep it standing MMA, as in if it hits the floor we get a clock running or we stand it right back up. 4 oz gloves, throws, trips, standing subs, etc.

I think that makes for an exciting fight.
    but this fight is happening because he was running his mouth about he was undefeated and an awesome MMA fighter. It should be an MMA fight. At what point does he have the nerve to fraudulently sell services as an MMA instructor when he doesn't know anything about fighting on the ground? While it is awesome that you are down to fight when/wherever, the dude is a fraud and a scam artist and should be exposed.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by radboy View Post
    but this fight is happening because he was running his mouth about he was undefeated and an awesome MMA fighter. It should be an MMA fight. At what point does he have the nerve to fraudulently sell services as an MMA instructor when he doesn't know anything about fighting on the ground? While it is awesome that you are down to fight when/wherever, the dude is a fraud and a scam artist and should be exposed.
    He already said, he's the gym owner, not a trainer. He hires people to run the classes. I do agree though that if he fights it should be full MMA (possibly with a reasonable time limit on the ground).

Christian, I'm going to have to ask some a blunt questions. What's the deal with your cancer? Are you fighting fit? Are you actually signed up to compete in a major MMA promotion? Did you sign up before or after you found out about your illness?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Number one question is this, Why in the **** would you guys have ever done this fight in a parking lot??? Ridiculous, He has a huge empty warehouse where you guys could have put on gloves, and had someone "ref" or oversee the match or whatever, that way we would have seen this fight already, silly.... either way, I would love to see the next one if thats whats gonna happen!

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the part I don't understand. Both Darrow and the Long Island Brothers are being very vague about what actually happened, but as nearly as I can tell, an MMA professional and a high-level MMA amateur had a dispute over the professional's fighting credentials and experience, so the MMA professional sought out the MMA amateur and found him at an MMA gym. These two MMA fighters confronted each other and determined to fight to settle their differences . . . . so they left the MMA facility and went to the parking lot, where the amateur cracked the pro's jaw but the pro refused to strike the amateur for fear of legal repercussions?

This makes no sense to me. Was there a gas leak or some sort of important event happening inside the MMA gym, such that there was no cage, ring, or mat space where the two of you could have sparred with things like mouth guards?

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I sound like I'm missing something obvious, keep in mind that I've only read this thread.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by riccweee View Post
    My Number one question is this, Why in the **** would you guys have ever done this fight in a parking lot??? Ridiculous, He has a huge empty warehouse where you guys could have put on gloves, and had someone "ref" or oversee the match or whatever, that way we would have seen this fight already, silly.... either way, I would love to see the next one if thats whats gonna happen!
    Well, if some big, bald, muscular guy from the internet turned up outside my workplace all riled up and demanding Gong Sau because he thought that I'd been saying untrue things about him and that I'd been getting my buddies to phone him up saying how I was going to kick his ass, the *absolute last thing* I'd want to do is follow him back to his place...

But that's just me. I'm no fighter. :qgreenjum

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We were outside talking, I was trying to explain the situation and defuse it, did not go according to plan, its not like I said **** it lets go fight in the parking lot.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Here's the part I don't understand. Both Darrow and the Long Island Brothers are being very vague about what actually happened, but as nearly as I can tell, an MMA professional and a high-level MMA amateur had a dispute over the professional's fighting credentials and experience, so the MMA professional sought out the MMA amateur and found him at an MMA gym. These two MMA fighters confronted each other and determined to fight to settle their differences . . . . so they left the MMA facility and went to the parking lot, where the amateur cracked the pro's jaw but the pro refused to strike the amateur for fear of legal repercussions?

This makes no sense to me. Was there a gas leak or some sort of important event happening inside the MMA gym, such that there was no cage, ring, or mat space where the two of you could have sparred with things like mouth guards?
    As I understand it, the MMA gym is James's place of work. Might not go down too well with the boss if he and some angry guy from the internet start railing on each other and cussing each other out in front of the customers...

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JFS virus. Strikes at the most inconvenient of times.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 6:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. I got the impression from Darrow's vague descriptions that you two talked it over and agreed to some kind of wonky one-sided "fight" to prove his defensive skills against you. So this was more of a scuffle between two guys who lost their tempers while talking in a parking lot? Are we to take it that James attacked Christian?
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast