Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 10:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Christian.

One thing you have to understand is that there have been countless fraudulent martial artists over the years who've opened schools and then claimed to be ultimate, hardcore, undefeated street/jailhouse fighters and therefore the most deadly man alive, blah, blah, etc. - then later discovered to be bullshit con artists who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It's one of the most common bullshido marketing ploys out there, perhaps only after the phony special forces/commando/black ops guys and the people who claim to have trained in a previously unknown MA in the Far East under an unnamed ancient master/monk/ninja who is the last person on earth who knows the deadly secrets of how to kick someone's ass without ever having to spar another human being in training. You get the idea.

Can you understand why claims such as those on your website have attracted such scepticism and cynicism? I can however understand how, if you are the 'real deal' it must be very frustrating to be judged and found guilty, insulted and called out as a fraud on the internet by people who don't know you - then contacted your business associates and tried to **** up your **** (threatened you personally too?), before anyone has extended you the courtesy of giving you the chance to defend yourself.

If you stick around here to answer any questions the Bullies (i.e. as in bulshido.net members - not as in schoolyard bullies) have for you, you will absolutely be given a fair crack of the whip (without anyone calling you a douchebag or a ****** or whatever) and the chance to show the world (or at least anyone that Googles you) that you are the 'real deal'.

Open question to the forum - any ideas as to how Mr. Darrow might be able to prove that his prison/street fights happened? I mean, obviously no-one will have been keeping records and I doubt that anyone was filming that stuff for posterity.

Well, that's my $0.02.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As this evolves, I actually can see how he may not have been so eager to fight, and that is why our thing was not that spectacular, with neither of us going full tilt.

As I said over at the UG, cooler heads prevail in a day or so, and they are.

I have to say, I understand people called you, said they were me, my job, my friends, etc, however I hope you know I never (nor have my friends) threatened anyone. I'm not into that stuff.

Next Christian, people are making a big thing out of the prison thing because you market yourself on the website like that, in my opinion. However, if Christian comes onto the site to talk (note; many do not, and furthermore those who do usually trash talk and scream like infants) he should be talked to respectfully with concern to everyone's questions or comments.

This is not the YMAS forum, and I will be asking a mod to come here and keep this thing on track.

I think an MMA match would be fun, people want to see it, and could sell a bunch of tickets. You can even donate what would be a purse to charity. That way I keep my amateur status in the sport and the money goes to good use.

Again, no video will be released unless it takes place in the proper venue, I spent ONE day in jail, and they even treated me nice sometimes as they knew my chrage was BS and dropped.
    I would not wish that on ANYONE, especially given this scenario.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 10:36am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1 View Post
    Next Christian, people are making a big thing out of the prison thing because you market yourself on the website like that, in my opinion. However, if Christian comes onto the site to talk (note; many do not, and furthermore those who do usually trash talk and scream like infants) he should be talked to respectfully with concern to everyone's questions or comments.
    They also tend to rant and rave about how they're going to kick everyone's ass - then swiftly find a lame-ass excuse to back out whilst not appearing to back out when someone takes them up on the challenge (e.g. demanding a NHB deathmatch at his place with all his guys as backup, then claiming that the other guy is a ***** for not wanting to get his throat ripped out).

Christian didn't do this and apparently stood his ground and was prepared to back up his words with actions, so fair play to him for that. Not that I'm saying that turning up and demanding training there and then on the spot was necessarily the wisest move, all things considered...

The MMA match does sound like a fine idea.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question for Darrow. Where were you locked up? I have friends who are prison guards, and maybe they will know of this undefeated Jail record. We should be able to find out relatively easy

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 11:38am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GTA8075 View Post
    Question for Darrow. Where were you locked up? I have friends who are prison guards, and maybe they will know of this undefeated Jail record. We should be able to find out relatively easy
    Just a thought - and I may be wrong.

Perhaps we should be thinking less 'inmate's secret underground deathmatch Fight Club' and more 'boxing in the prison's gym'?

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 11:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christian, do you have a time and preference for a match that can be recorded? As you said, a legitimate match? I would like sooner rather than later or it has to wait until mid December, rather do it sooner.

I'm sure we can do it at Vamos BJJ, KTFO, your gym, or anywhe really. I want to keep it out of my gym as I work there and to keep those guys out of it.
    Really tons of places we can do it, so I guess the only question is when? I'm down for ASAP keeping in mind the root canal thing though.

I would say the UCL next Sunday since I will be there watching, but I will get into trouble if I fight there again. If it were to happen as part of a show it would have to be out of state, I'm too lazy and poor to drive that far.

I do have to say again, I no longer have anything against him, I just think the internet demands a match! For fun, for its investigative purposes (all in all you will at least see if he can punch, regardless of how his other claims are backed up or not), and for experience.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 11:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1 View Post
    Christian, do you have a time and preference for a match that can be recorded? As you said, a legitimate match? I would like sooner rather than later or it has to wait until mid December, rather do it sooner.

I'm sure we can do it at Vamos BJJ, KTFO, your gym, or anywhe really. I want to keep it out of my gym as I work there and to keep those guys out of it.
    Really tons of places we can do it, so I guess the only question is when? I'm down for ASAP keeping in mind the root canal thing though.

I would say the UCL next Sunday since I will be there watching, but I will get into trouble if I fight there again. If it were to happen as part of a show it would have to be out of state, I'm too lazy and poor to drive that far.

I do have to say again, I no longer have anything against him, I just think the internet demands a match! For fun, for its investigative purposes (all in all you will at least see if he can punch, regardless of how his other claims are backed up or not), and for experience.
    This might be a stupid idea (feel free to tell me so!) but how's about you make it a (kick)boxing match? Considering that Christian is principally a stand-up guy, this would allow him a more ample opportunity to demonstrate his game for the doubters...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Just a thought - and I may be wrong.

Perhaps we should be thinking less 'inmate's secret underground deathmatch Fight Club' and more 'boxing in the prison's gym'?
    I agree, thats why i said i would ask my Prison guard friends. Im sure they would know if someone was an undefeated well known jail fighter. They all follow the athletic endeavors in the jails. Not much else to do there

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 11:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    This might be a stupid idea (feel free to tell me so!) but how's about you make it a (kick)boxing match? Considering that Christian is principally a stand-up guy, this would allow him a more ample opportunity to demonstrate his game for the doubters...
    he shouldn't be claiming that he's a #1 ranked superfighter and undefeated MMA champion if he doesnt have a clue on the ground. I say keep it mma, especially if there is gonna be a size difference of 60-70 lbs.

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 12:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There will be no size difference, and I am happy to keep it standing MMA, as in if it hits the floor we get a clock running or we stand it right back up. 4 oz gloves, throws, trips, standing subs, etc.

I think that makes for an exciting fight.
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345 67891555 ... LastLast