Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 1:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty much final note; clearly i am from a different background where you talk about somebody and they will come see you immediately. James Funaro seems to be of the same mind set. I respect his honest and quick response to this whole situation. And honestly I have to agree that if this sport is to be sanctioned in New York then personal agendas and parking lot episodes can not be allowed to happen. But since not everyone is a James Funaro or a Christian Darrow who posts under their own names people will continue to launch personal, obscene, and disgusting attacks on any individual and their family via the faceless internet. This young man shook my hand afterwards and gave his word on something and did it. As such i have nothing but respect for him and the facility that this occurred at. Not really good on the internet, as a matter of fact my nephew Rob is typing this. So you guys know where i'm at, hopefully we can all work together to continue to try and sanction this sport in New York. Alright now I got to go take about 800 aspirin, cause like the boys in blue said when they pulled up today, "What the hell you doing fighting a 23 year old kid that looks like that." lol. And does everybody know that answer?
    Last edited by Christian Darro; 11/16/2009 1:08pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 2:28pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ringside View Post
    Wow! Let me get this straight, we are bashing a guy who is using every moment of his time to help legalize MMA in NY. As far as I can see he is bringing the kind of positive attention we need to this sport.
    Opponents to legalizing MMA in New York (Bob Reilly, et al.) cite that MMA is a savage bloodsport. How does hyping yourself as a vicious ex-con do anything to change that perception? For that matter, how is that even remotely positive?

If you look further on Youtube you can see the videos for fundraising events for Cancer, Brain injuries and wounded veterans. Whats sad is . . . this site and the one linked in this thread is full of nobody's critiquing him, questioning his abilities and making accusations.
    I'm glad to hear that he does charity work. I am involved with St. Baldrick's myself. However, that doesn't verify his credentials at all whatsoever. And let's define "nobody's", shall we? Like, would a "nobody" be a person with an unfalsifiable, and seemingly fabricated fight record who uses the internet to make himself seem important?

this guy got thousands of views of him hitting a speed bag because of the negativity in sites like these, yet the truly important messages such as the Bone Marrow transplant drives and Brain Injury rehabilitation have barely 100 views. where are your priorities and support for a man that is giving a positive image to this sport.
    Apples. To. Oranges.

If the guy wants to be an MMA fighter, of course his training videos are going to get more views. That's checking his qualifications. As mentioned earlier, his charity work does not translate into a qualification to fight MMA. I know people who volunteer more than twenty hours a week. That doesn't mean I would let them teach me how to escape an armbar. Finally, until he drops the "bloodthirsty ex-con" marketing he's not really giving our sport a positive image.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Darro View Post
    I know most of you aren't listening to a fucking word I say. You just want to know who won the fight and wheres the vid. To you guys I say go **** yourselves!
    So, asking for proof that said fight took place at all is unreasonable? Then I guess I won't be asking for clarification about your prison record, your training history, or anything of that nature.

Due to the fact it would have been prematurely stopped or normal people would have been knocked the **** out!
    Ah yes, claims of superhuman strength. Somehow I figured it would go down this road...

So to clarify. I am a gym owner, I am not a trainer. I am a street fighter with a big punch and a bigger chin, who is now crossing over to MMA in a new league that is more stand-up strike orientated. I am not calling out champions whom have never heard of me. That was simply a response to a conversation Jamie and I had at the VIP party the night before the EXPO.
    I am signed by a league ( which was the now defunct USFC) which will unveil there new name and signed well respected MMA fighters at the November 28 grand opening of Attica MMA.
    If any of you have further questions, problems or interests, call me 631-357-0816
    Don't block your number to say dumb ****, be real! The first person to call I will send the phone pic of me after the parking lot brawl.
    As far as trainers at Attica, you will meet the very respected striking coaches, pro and amateur boxing trainers and a vast array of highly regarded and well known MMA trainers. I am bringing a quality facility to the area and working tirelessly to get MMA sanctioned in this state. If you have a problem with that come speak to me about it.
    I have some questions: Where is this fight league opperating out of? Who are some of these well respected fighers that were signed? Links to Sherdog for their records? Likewise, who are these coaches you've hired?

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 4:52pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^Doucher, both me and LI GUY 1 admit the fight happened, Christian even said that it happened and that James got the better of him etc. go look at his post again. We have a video and just because we aren't posting it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

We just decided not to post it yet and may not post it depeending on what this guy does. If he straighten out and fixes his site and school, it won't get posted methinks.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 9:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186 View Post
    ^^^Doucher, both me and LI GUY 1 admit the fight happened, Christian even said that it happened and that James got the better of him etc. go look at his post again. We have a video and just because we aren't posting it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

We just decided not to post it yet and may not post it depeending on what this guy does. If he straighten out and fixes his site and school, it won't get posted methinks.
    Also consider that Mr. Darrow might be out on parole before posting the vid - all that seems to have been confirmed is that he didn't do time in NY State. It's not really fair if he gets in the **** with the law again for streetfighting (you know that there's guys on the interweb who'd delight in forwarding the footage to the authorities to win an e-battle) after your bro turned up at his place and Gong Sau'ed him (sorry if I'm wrong on this - that's what it sounded like to me).

EDIT: Oh, okay - he was the one who called James out (according to the other thread). My bad.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/16/2009 9:30pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, just came back. from the new gym and couldn't resist jumping on the forums and reading this ****. I'm waiting for my confirmation code to log onto the MMA site. This **** is more entertaining than any book I have ever read. . . in jail. First of all these guys that are making these ridiculous claims of talking to me and me badmouthing James after the sparring match are people I do not know. To the guy who was smart enough to figure out that some people while not "away" now may still be under supervision, I thank you for making that known. Anybody questioning my fighting skills or lack there of, all you have to do is post under your real name and promise not to video it so no one goes away or loses their sponsors, and I'll be there faster than a first responder to a 911 call! If there's no video, I can swing back. If no cops come, the sparring match will not be stopped. As far as James specifically I can no longer in good conscience claim to have never lost. Since I'm like 25 years older than James, it's past my bedtime. One

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 12:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your saying that you purposely didnt swing back and just let James Funaro hit you? C'mon really? Plus anyone that fights you is gonna want to video tape it to expose you. Lies only lead to more lies. Now i give credit to James for stepping up, he's an animal and i believe he was also down in the sensei Al thing,so the kids got balls and obviously loves the sport.But most people with families/children arent going to give some convicted felon with obvious mental issues their real names. Thats not being cowardly thats using common sense. If you just told the truth, and hired real teachers you wouldnt have any problems. Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by GTA8075; 11/17/2009 12:59am at .

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 7:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, just came back. from the new gym and couldn't resist jumping on the forums and reading this ****. I'm waiting for my confirmation code to log onto the MMA site. This **** is more entertaining than any book I have ever read. . . in jail. First of all these guys that are making these ridiculous claims of talking to me and me badmouthing James after the sparring match are people I do not know. To the guy who was smart enough to figure out that some people while not "away" now may still be under supervision, I thank you for making that known. Anybody questioning my fighting skills or lack there of, all you have to do is post under your real name and promise not to video it so no one goes away or loses their sponsors, and I'll be there faster than a first responder to a 911 call! If there's no video, I can swing back. If no cops come, the sparring match will not be stopped. As far as James specifically I can no longer in good conscience claim to have never lost. Since I'm like 25 years older than James, it's past my bedtime. One
    So, 'gogojeffa' and 'bulletmagnet' over at the mixedmartialarts.com forums are nothing to do with you? You might want to get on there and nip that in the bud, making it clear that you didn't tell anyone to speak for you - and give an account of the events in your own words. As it stands, they're making it look as though they're mouthboxing on your behalf/request.

The 'person A talks **** on behalf of person B (you, in this case), causing persons C and D to get pissed off and formulate plans to beat person B down, whilst all the time person B is unaware of what person A has been saying - or even who person A is' thing has been done before on martial arts forums all over the interweb. It's been tried on here too. It's something that you need to be aware and careful of online.

So, Mr. Darrow. Would you be open to answering a few civil questions here? I'm curious as to your martial arts training/experience outside of a prison/street fighting context.

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 8:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn. This story took a minute to show up on nhbgear. So by nature of there having been "a training session" it's confirmed, this idiot really exists?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 8:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the way to dentist to fix my broken bridge from yesterday. lol. I'll answer any questions here or at my gym. As far as anybody mouth-boxing for me. I have an idea who the bullet guy is but don't know the other one. As far as letting James win, no i did not let him win, I did my best to defend myself from this kids powerful shots but it was being videoed. I am strictly forbidden in my contract, from engaging in any more street fights. Also there would be legal ramifications for me. Was there an error in judgement on my part for going down there? Yes. However as James briefly touched upon in one of his earlier post there are other issues of a private nature that were being said and done, which I now believe James when he says he had nothing to do with it. As James said I showed up by myself no dudes with me, no weapons (which is ridiculous by the way) the only person around was one girl in the car, with a high quality video camera and directional mic. Who for legal purposes caught every moment from start to the very last word James uttered. And kept it running through the cops handcuffing me and then letting me go. And James and I shaking hands and him saying "awesome (sparring match)". Again in no way do i think me or anyone else could let James win. This kid can fight and as far as i know, is a pro MMA fighter. At 46 years old, awaiting biopsy's to see how advanced this relapse of cancer is, totally de-trained and at 169 pounds, 70 pounds under my normal weight, you do not let some win. Especially a 23 year old kid in phenomenal shape who looks and fights like the terminator. If you can not fight on video in the street, then you simply keep away and try an survive. And in the process show that you have the ability to take anyone's best shot over and over again. I look forward to meeting James or anyone else in the proper venue for any MMA, Kickboxing, or Sparring type of event. But it must be in the proper venue. Anyone that has questions about my creds or anything else, i'll be at my gym later or you can call me. And also please stop with the crazy mental ex-con stuff. I'm a business owner and i have a family. I responded out of concern for my family due to some of the threats that were being made to me, on my sites and on my forums towards my family. These people are claiming, they were doing it on James's behalf. I now know this not to be true. I'm out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 9:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just read the other forum, calling over the phone having my nephew type this as we speak. They just read me James's post. James definitely will do that with you in a legit venue, call me immediately or a third party we both know. As far as Bulletmagnet, never said I dropped James or anything of the nature. All i did was throw one punch to keep him off me. James's brother's account was actually pretty accurate, those five knees to the face really did happen, and I miss the old UFC's rules too. Did knock my tooth out, he broke my bridge which replaces a tooth i had knocked out in a fight last year. The knees did however did result in a dislocated and half hairline fracture of the mandibular(Jaw hinge). As far as the other guy on that MMA site, give me an idea of what my threats would be again that's ridiculous. As you see here, I don't use foul language or slurs. Oh and I don't use weapons or shanks, cause you might as well run someone over in your car and say you beat them in a fight that way.
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast