• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 9:27pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The new facility isn't even done. Theres nothing in it from the looks of the video, it's just all empty space.

It might turn out to be a big facility but I highly doubt it's his. Probably got someone to loan him a bunch of money or is just the front for an investor who wants to start a gym.

Anyway I can't figure out how any 34,000 square foot gym could ever become profitable. Xtreme Couture couldn't even attract enough people in Centereach.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 11:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186 View Post
    The new facility isn't even done. Theres nothing in it from the looks of the video, it's just all empty space.

It might turn out to be a big facility but I highly doubt it's his. Probably got someone to loan him a bunch of money or is just the front for an investor who wants to start a gym.

Anyway I can't figure out how any 34,000 square foot gym could ever become profitable. Xtreme Couture couldn't even attract enough people in Centereach.
    Yes, this is a terrible business model. There are only so many top-tier fighters to support MMA training meccas, i.e. Xtreme Couture Vegas, ATT, Jackson's, AKA, etc. Beyond top-level guys fighting in top-level shows, MMA gyms are going to attract guys who are truly interested in fighting but can't or don't want to get past small amateur shows and people who are looking for a fun, interesting way to get in shape. That clientele is not going to need or be able to support the overhead that a facility of that size is going to incur.

I'm extremely interested in finding out who this guy (as a self-proclaimed felon and underground fighting legend) suckered into fronting him this money.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 11:41pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucistius View Post
    Checked him out at the New York DCS website (link below) and he has never been in their system.

http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.u...0/WIQ1/WINQ000
    Funny, I looked myself up as well and it didn't come up. Then again I only spent 60 Days at Nassau County's finest spa and resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Funny, I looked myself up as well and it didn't come up. Then again I only spent 60 Days at Nassau County's finest spa and resort.
    That's because you were only in county jail, not a state prison. This guy is claiming sixteen years of prison time and thus should show up in a search of the state prison records.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 1:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    That's because you were only in county jail, not a state prison. This guy is claiming sixteen years of prison time and thus should show up in a search of the state prison records.
    Roger that. I thought it searched NYS entire penal system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 8:24am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! Let me get this straight, we are bashing a guy who is using every moment of his time to help legalize MMA in NY. As far as I can see he is bringing the kind of positive attention we need to this sport. If you look further on Youtube you can see the videos for fundraising events for Cancer, Brain injuries and wounded veterans. Whats sad is . . . this site and the one linked in this thread is full of nobody's critiquing him, questioning his abilities and making accusations. I say the reason MMA is not sanctioned here is because of all the morons who use homophobic language and highschool insults in these forums for everyone to read. Our dilemma and reason for stagnation in this sport can be summed up quite simply. . .
    this guy got thousands of views of him hitting a speed bag because of the negativity in sites like these, yet the truly important messages such as the Bone Marrow transplant drives and Brain Injury rehabilitation have barely 100 views. where are your priorities and support for a man that is giving a positive image to this sport. I am going to call him on the phone # listed on his site and see if he is aware of these forums and why he hasn't responded to this comments.

Just went to the other forum and noticed that Carl of Fighter Warehouse has responded to the guy James Funaro (who should be on the BULLSHIDO forum himself) and basically shot down his credibility and claims concerning Christian Darrow. Here is the link to the post http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1552142&page=7
    Last edited by ringside; 11/16/2009 8:31am at . Reason: Update

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 8:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's going to bring legitamacy to MMA in New York, by playing up the deadly prison fighter angle? By randomly calling out pro fighters that would have never heard of him?

Fair play to him on his charity work though. I don't think anyone here would knock somebody for genuinely trying to help people out, but it's a separate issue to his over the top macho fronting.
    Last edited by CrackFox; 11/16/2009 8:42am at .

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 8:43am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just read the whole thread at the other forum. It's pretty clear why James Funaro would misrepresent and lie about what someona as respected in this sport as Carl from fighter Warehouse would have to say about Christian Darrrow. It seems that this Funaro guy posted about Christian being involved with his sister or cousin or some family member and he is obviously harboring some sort of personal grudge or hatred against this man.
    to Mr Funaro,
    Instead of telling lies and talking trash about this guy why don't you yourself go and fight him and see what he's all about? It seems to me he is pretty easy to locate with all his charity work. I for one am not interested in hearing a bunch of BS stories that we had all believed until Carl posted and shot them down. My accolades to Fighter warehouse for their honesty and integrity. Let us know how you make out after confronting christian, james.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 8:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by from mixmartialarts.com
    Being as I have been brought in to the conversation, I have to say that in no way was I "scammed" into having Christian Darrow (Attica MMA) at the NY expo. That event was a good event and was open to all training facilities that wanted to attend or exhibit. As far as knowing Christian, you know that I am Switzerland and have relationships with all of the gyms. So far my involvement has been with a traumatic brain injury charity, and a fund raiser for a child that needs a bone marrow transplant. I don't think that is so bad and it is definitely nothing that is "bad for the sport". He is trying to build that monstrous facility that he has and I will do whatever I can to help all gyms be successful. It is to my (and your) advantage if this industry thrives. Carl- Fighter Warehouse NY
    So the guy's mostly harmless and he does charity work. If he didn't go around claiming he was the biggest thing in MMA, I don't think anyone would have a problem with him.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 9:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The post from Carl of Fighter Warehouse merely confirms that yes, the guy owns/manages a training facility and that yes, he was welcomed at an event that was open to all training facilities (in the area?).

There's nothing I can see there that's related to Christian Darrow's legitimacy (or lack of it) as a martial artist.
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast