Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:50pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

De La Riva Guard

De La Riva Guard is a versatile position when on your back. Of course, in a self defense situation you donít want to ever go to the ground, but things happen and when you do fall on your butt, you want to know an advantages and safe way to get back to your feet without eating kicks and punches along the way, peace!

http://www.thechinaboxer.com/2009/11...-guard-basics/

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's Chinese about that?

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 1:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing, he just wants to market his site as usual. Either that or he's trying to help all the CMA people who are too intimidated to click on the grappling forums?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 1:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Nothing, he just wants to market his site as usual. Either that or he's trying to help all the CMA people who are too intimidated to click on the grappling forums?
    i'm trying to encourage wing chunners out there to see how valuable submission grappling can be and not to be afraid to learn some ground fighting to get out of bad situation in case they ever do fall or trip during a self defense situation.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    chinaboxer, a number of people have asked you direct questions on your threads with no response, yet you continue to post links here to your blog to drive traffic to your site.

that sort of action is not in the spirit of this site.

please answer the questions in your other threads, especially about your willingness to attend a throwdown (friendly sparring session with forum members) in your area.

i can guarantee that you will not get any sort of positive interactions here until you do.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 3:58pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaboxer View Post
    i'm trying to encourage wing chunners out there to see how valuable submission grappling can be and not to be afraid to learn some ground fighting to get out of bad situation in case they ever do fall or trip during a self defense situation.
    That doesn't answer the question why this, is in the CMA forum...?
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 4:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 4:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    That doesn't answer the question why this, is in the CMA forum...?
    if you don't study Wing Chun then you won't understand why.

I've shown Wing Chun practitioners that the same "hand shapes" and "concepts" apply directly to the legs and feet, and that the De La Riva Guard is exactly the same as the Wing Chun "Dan Chi Sau" drill.

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    De La Riva Guard is exactly the same as the Wing Chun "Dan Chi Sau" drill
    Wait, what?

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 6:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am really not enthused about chinaboxer using Bullshido and the CMA forum as some sort of uncooperative partner in marketing his blog.

I propose that unless he explains himself on a number of salient points--his training experience, his facilities, his fight record, what the **** he's talking about with regards to specific points in the videos--we Trollshido the whole set of threads. Give him, say, a week before we blow it away.
    Last edited by 1point2; 11/13/2009 6:16pm at .
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast