C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    ...what should said beginner do instead?
    Do as it is told in the title of this thread: STFU and train - train what the instructor instructed you to train.

If you want to mimic another newb, you can do that for free outside of class.

It is one thing to help correct a mistake/discuss a current drill with your training partner and another to try and play micro-instructor. That is annoying and has no place in a serious gym.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 11:31am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Clueless View Post
    Do as it is told in the title of this thread: STFU and train - train what the instructor instructed you to train.

If you want to mimic another newb, you can do that for free outside of class.

It is one thing to help correct a mistake/discuss a current drill with your training partner and another to try and play micro-instructor. That is annoying and has no place in a serious gym.
    I see, so even though my training partner is doing some half-assed version of the drill, which I know the "proper" version, I must keep my silence.
    Got it, I can see how it is a dick/disrespectful move.

hmmm. A part of me feels its wrong to keep quiet while someone right in front of me is doing it wrong. :emo:

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 11:39am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm. A part of me feels its wrong to keep quiet while someone right in front of me is doing it wrong. :emo:
    Ask for help from the instructor when he walks by. Problem solved.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 12:15pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch View Post
    Ask for help from the instructor when he walks by. Problem solved.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. No sarcasm intended.
    I took it upon myself to "help" my classmates (dick move), as I felt it embarrassing for us to ask the sifu to show us again the move he already taught as it meant we weren't paying attention.

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 12:50pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as I felt it embarrassing for us to ask the sifu to show us again the move he already taught as it meant we weren't paying attention.
    Or it means that you're having trouble executing the technique and you need your instructor to run you through it. What's really going to show your instructor that you weren't paying attention? Asking for some help, or pretending everything's fine and screwing it up later? Like the old saying goes, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask, especially when you're training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 2:51pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    ....2. It takes roughly 10,000 repetitions to become proficient with a technique. Do you honestly think that you have it mastered in the 10 reps you did on the first day and should be trying to add your own **** to it?....
    Can i just add to this,that if you're the noob holding the pads?? Just HOLD THE FUCKING pads,let me practice my jab+cross,don't get bored and throw in your own variations,ie side step+inside leg kick+jab+leg kick+right hook+slide back FFS.

Jab/Cross,how hard is it to just hold the pads there?? I need lots and lots and LOTS of repetitions and can't do them if you don't fucking hold them where they're supposed to be.YOU DON'T KNOW MORE THAN THE INSTRUCTOR!!.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 11:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Missing posts moved here: No, just no - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Posted On:
    12/19/2009 1:28am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this would work just as well without the "beginners:" part of the title. I am sick of training and sparring partners treating class like some kind of cake baking social event. No amount of experience gives you the right to completely ignore the instructor when he gives instructions then **** up my training with the time it takes me to explain wtf we are doing. Everyone: STFU and train.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/19/2009 8:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. No sarcasm intended.
    I took it upon myself to "help" my classmates (dick move), as I felt it embarrassing for us to ask the sifu to show us again the move he already taught as it meant we weren't paying attention.
    That's what they're there for, they won't mind. A simple "we're having problems with this, would you mind showing us again?" is usually suffice.

Trust me, it pisses them off more to see you drilling the technique wrong, and not asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    I think this would work just as well without the "beginners:" part of the title. I am sick of training and sparring partners treating class like some kind of cake baking social event.
    Yeah came here to post this, but VETERENS: Shut up and train!

We all know them. The one old timer who stops every five minutes to talk about how he used to know X and he went to the Olympics and how he once fought Y in the Yorkshire Open and he's coaching down in Sheffield now I remember that competition well of course it's all different now and Z called by the other day and he's had this gi for 20 years if you treat them well they last a lifetime did I mention Z called by nice guy said he might pop in later and SHUT THE **** UP FUCKING SHUT UP SHUT UP.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 1:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More posts moved here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=1#post2281459

Four culls in one thread. A new record. Hooray.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast