Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 8:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ryukyu Kenpo Kobujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is "just trying to get a higher rank". Higher rank is required for the "Coaches' Course" (Course Mea'minim); as well as completing the "Instructors' Course" (Course Madrichim) first. It is usually two years long and costs around 6500 nis. This one allows you to teach "krav maga" in schools and be paid as if you held a BA from the university by the Education Ministry. Virtually no legitimate instructor teaches without a "Teacher's License" as it is illegal to do so. Those who do illegally teach do so in the parks or private rented spaces. Every place I've ever taught at or rented space from has demanded to see my "Teuadat Madrich" (or teaching license in English) from the Ministry of Sport. (I was never required to attend the courses -- the Director of Sports for the Ministry of Education, Sports, and Culture personally signed off on my "Teuadat Madrich" and dated it from 1967!) In Israel you cannot be insured without a "Teuadat Madrich" from the State

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 8:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One other strange detail. We have universal health coverage. They will NOT pay for a "sports related" injury. That's why you need the insurance. Go figure?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 10:50am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dveed View Post
    He is "just trying to get a higher rank". Higher rank is required for the "Coaches' Course" (Course Mea'minim); as well as completing the "Instructors' Course" (Course Madrichim) first. It is usually two years long and costs around 6500 nis. This one allows you to teach "krav maga" in schools and be paid as if you held a BA from the university by the Education Ministry. Virtually no legitimate instructor teaches without a "Teacher's License" as it is illegal to do so. Those who do illegally teach do so in the parks or private rented spaces. Every place I've ever taught at or rented space from has demanded to see my "Teuadat Madrich" (or teaching license in English) from the Ministry of Sport. (I was never required to attend the courses -- the Director of Sports for the Ministry of Education, Sports, and Culture personally signed off on my "Teuadat Madrich" and dated it from 1967!) In Israel you cannot be insured without a "Teuadat Madrich" from the State
    So what is the required rank to if someone wants to participate in the Course Mea'minim? The Course Madrichim precedes the Course Mea'minim and is known as the "Instructors Course (Teachers Course) correct?

When you say it takes 2 years does that include both courses or just the Course Mea'minim? Can the courses be completed in less than 2 years?

What are the teaching options for someone who has only completed the Course Madrichim portion?
    安氏八极拳学生

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rank: It depends on what the MA Branch decides. Chinese MA's are different from Judo, Karate, TKD, Krav Maga, etc.. If I really cared, I'd be the Head of all Kenpo in Israel. Correct. Just the Mea'min course. Both? No way. Most everything. If he has a BA in education he can teach in the school system. Otherwise not. He can teach after school activities called huggim w/Teuadat Madrich as this is not part of the school courses. Mea'minim are usually International Level coaches, referees, Heads of organizations, etc..
    Last edited by dveed; 11/15/2009 11:26am at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 11:40am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rank: It depends on what the MA Branch decides. Chinese MA's are different from Judo, Karate, TKD, Krav Maga, etc.. If I really cared, I'd be the Head of all Kenpo in Israel. Correct. Just the Mea'min course. Both? No way. Most everything. If he has a BA in education he can teach in the school system. Otherwise not. He can teach after school activities called huggim w/Teuadat Madrich as this is not part of the school courses. Mea'minim are usually International Level coaches, referees, Heads of organizations, etc..
    Thank you for all your help. I am fairly confident that he does not have a BA. I believe his primary goal is to operate his own Wushu School possibly in a rented facility or in a community recreation center, essentially his program will probably fall under the huggim heading in which case he only needs to complete the Course Madrichim.

The Course Madrichim takes 1 semester to complete at Wingate, so approximately 3 months. Since he doesn't need to hold a certain rank in the system to enroll in the course and only needs to meet the following requirements;

A certificate from a known school.
    A recommendation letter from the trainer / union.
    At least 4 years of training in the field.
    Passing a practical test and an interview.
    Trains regularly in a known MA branch.
    The interview covers background and relevant knowledge in the field.

I see no need for him to prematurely advance to 4th degree. Please let me know if there are any other requirements for the Course Madrichim that are not listed above.

Again thank you for your assistance with this.
    安氏八极拳学生

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 5:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    The Course Madrichim takes 1 semester to complete at Wingate, so approximately 3 months.
    Again thank you for your assistance with this.
    I'm not sure about three months. Two of my students just finished the summer Course Madrichim and it was 3 and a half weeks; six to eight hours a day; five days a week! I think a semester at Wingate is a six month long course. From after the Holidays in the fall until April or May; because it is only one day a week. That's what my winter students did. He is not Israeli, is he? I mean, he came from the US, correct? They treat Israeli's different from immigrants from abroad.
    Last edited by dveed; 11/15/2009 5:29pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 4:46am

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by H_Murdock View Post
    He needs to get a teaching certificate from the Wingate institute

I'm not sure about the benefits of such certificate, except insurance wise (for the training place).

I don't really know a lot about the subject. I know many instructors have that certificate, but I also know some don't.
    I thought Wingate was all Krav Maga.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 4:50am

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this similar to the training the reputable Krav Maga organizations give instructors?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 6:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw, are there some boxing schools in the jerusalem or tel aviv area or is it jst krav maga shannanigans?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Is this similar to the training the reputable Krav Maga organizations give instructors?"
    All instructors who wish to work in Israel, must take these courses. The courses are ONLY for learning about teaching; not the styles. Your organization sends you to get "Officially" certified. The course supplies very little training in MA's. There is some cross training with the students presenting 'classes' as a part of the "Branch" training. There is no official Krav Maga training regimen. I was told to teach "what you know" as Krav Maga in the schools. Don't confuse the Krav Maga taught outside Israel with that taught in the Army. You would get better training during 'hand to hand' combat with the Marine Corps during WW Two. Most soldiers over here think their Krav Maga training is a joke. Many of their things are VERY flawed. If you will notice, most of the "Krav Maga" instructors outside of Israel are big, very muscular, and bull their way through the techniques they teach. They teach 'attack' and deride 'defense'. They are VERY predictable and easy to counter by experienced people.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast