mma review ratings
    Aliveness: 8

Equipment: 6

Gym Size: 6

Atmosphere/Attitude: 10

Striking Instruction: 6

Grappling Instruction: 2

Weapons Instruction: 4

i have been training at this club for a little over 8 months. Styles here are xing yi quan, wing chung, praying mantis, tai chi, yili quan The club situated in a large enough warehouse but shares the space with a kettlebell gym. Shifu Mark stapleton runs the kung fu classes. The gym is part owned by him also but thats not really relavent. The kung fu room is small enough but the class sizes are generally small. The most at one time I think was ten.
    Generally there's a very decent instructor student ratio being around half and three quaters, if i include the two seniors.
    Theres a decent ammount of specilised training equipment, weighted jars punching bag wall bag ect that are kung fu related but anything lacking can just be grabbed from the next room. But the sparring equipment is well looked but small in number.
    The aliveness generally ranges from 3-8 depending on the average level of the class, so i just gave it a 8
    School has a uniform which is t-shirt and black pants. uniform is expected to be ironed and washed.
    School also has a belt system. You are not told about the tests in advance and are given only based on aptitude not time. definately not a black belt mill.
    Grappling instruction- very little ground work, but a decent ammount of standing grappling and throws.
    Atmosphere- jesus the bant and the craic, never a dull momment. Very freindly helpfull atmosphere. Everyone takes it what they do seriously and arrogance does not last very long here. Thankfully not straying into cult territory, unlike a certain other ...
    obviously a nice bit of irish slagging too.
    Strikeing instruction - more emphesis is placed on punchs than kicks.
    weapons - small ammountof weapons. more supplemental training and its done every now and again.
    most likely i'm after leaveing out a load of stuff but thats enough writeing for now

Posted On:
    10/05/2014 2:59am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you guys have your own head gear/shin pads etc? do you have maybe a video of your sparring? cause i feel 8 is a fairly high number for a TMA school. Though it could definitely be the case.

Posted On:
    10/10/2014 3:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Xing Yi Quan, Wing Chung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Do you guys have your own head gear/shin pads etc? do you have maybe a video of your sparring? cause i feel 8 is a fairly high number for a TMA school. Though it could definitely be the case.
    There is 4 pairs of head guards and gloves their. I can't find a video sorry but I will make an effort to get one. For now Ill just describe the general level of contact in the classes. Generally the classes rotate weekly regarding their focus, so grappling, throws, striking etc and sparring or freestyle application would be one of these. This would range in level of contact based on experience. But this is just my word so I'll try and get that video

Posted On:
    10/11/2014 2:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2014 5:28am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by midomidi20133 View Post
    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Great second post man!

Why is your first post exactly the same as a post by Redbeard? Are you the same person?
    Did you introduce yourself in newbietown? Don't be so goddam lazy.

Posted On:
    10/12/2014 5:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Xing Yi Quan, Wing Chung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Are you the same person?
    no not at all

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2014 6:20am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    no not at all
    He seems strangely enthusiastic about what is, in all honesty a fairly mediocre post...

Is he your brother? Is it your Mum?

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    10/12/2014 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Great second post man!

Why is your first post exactly the same as a post by Redbeard? Are you the same person?
    Did you introduce yourself in newbietown? Don't be so goddam lazy.
    midomidi20133 copied Redbeard's post into a completely different review thread.

So based on the plagiarism and the other low-content posting, he's either a troll or spammer or bot or all three, and I've reported him to the authorities.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/13/2014 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I've reported him to the authorities.
    yeah, i reported it too right after he posted it.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj