Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 4:50am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the biggest thing i noticed about watching my first fight was that i threw hardly any leg kicks, and yet the ones i did throw were effective. both these guys threw a couple at most leg kicks each with good results. what the ****? that first one nelson landed looked like it put the hurt on wren... and yet he didnt go to town on an obvious weakness.

TBH it looked like a fairly skilless haymaker fest between a couple of out of shape blobbies. Lol at people talking about Roys boxing, yeah its good compared to some of these other guys but seriously? this HW season was a fucking terrible idea imo if they are trying to reach new audiences.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 6:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was also surprised at the lack of kicks when the ones that were thrown worked so well. Maybe they were both afraid to be taken down after a kick or something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 7:18am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some guys just aren't suited to kick... and it was blatantly evident that Nelson barely knows how. That first kick he threw had the form and grace of a 60 year old stroke victim. Wren on the other hand threw a solid one.

I had the fight 1-1. The first round was close and the second was beyond clear for Nelson. If there was any doubt just look at Wren's face in the post fight interview...

Anyway, what the hell is Dana on? That nonsense about Roy almost getting KO'd, and then saying that Roy had no part of making it an exciting fight? How can you have an exciting fight if one guy doesn't want it to be? Answer - You can't.

All in all interesting episode... and the chicken prank was pretty damned funny I thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 8:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They kept it standing because they respected each other's ground game. Roy can move that belly. Wren missed a lot. His tank paid for that, then his face in the second.

LOL @ "tried to make that one more exciting for you Dana"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 8:56am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it was a pretty lame episode and fight. This season has to be the worst!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I had the fight 1-1, but it wasn't robbery, and when I saw Dana talking about the fight, before the decision was announced, I knew Nelson had gotten it.

Incidentally, unless Wren is hurt it would be absolute bullshit for Kimbo to get another fight, if anyone gets hurt Wren should replace him; he won a submission victory, Kimbo got dominated.

And god I want Nelson to win this whole thing, it pisses Dana off so much.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:55am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you mean Kimbo's not coming back?!?

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 10:29am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought rd1 was too close to call. Nelson was controlling the fight more but Wren came closest to finishing and inflicted the most damage. The second was all Nelson.

Dana is looking really childish. If he doesn't like Nelson then fine, but be a professional and save it till the cameras are off.

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 10:36am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had it 19, 19 too but I wasn't watching with a judge's eye for the most part.

Remember, you have to score on Damage first and foremost. Nelson did pitty-pat himself some points in the first, but it shouldn't have offset the fact that Wren landed the heavier shots and did the most to finish in the first 5 minutes.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason123 View Post
    I felt like Wren won 3/4 of round 2
    Are you fucking kidding me? With scoring ability like yours, you would probably be eligible to work as a UFC judge.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast