218358 Bullies, 8111 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 11:32pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights - Episode 9 or Whatever

For some reason my DVR picks up the second showing so I'm always late with these damn shows.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 12:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked the fight but the decision was more bullshit by stupid judges. I had Wren winning the first, with Nelson taking the second. I can't believe Nelson took the first round at the end. He pushed but not enough.

More Kimbo carrots. I wonder if anyone takes them seriously anymore?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 12:48am

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if White believes an of the stuff he says or if he's knowingly just being a company man. All the crap about how great the Junk/Meathead fight was, now going on about how Nelson "getting destroyed" and was almost knocked out. He was getting hit a lot at the start of the first round, but after that he was fine. I thought it was probably 1-1, but 2-0 isn't a robbery. Wren has quicker hands and would probably beat a lot of other heavies not just on the show, but in the UFC. Roy is a much better boxer though and really showed how that he knows how to set the range. He moved well and make Wren miss and landed his jabs often, then more often, then at will. If he'd have used more leg kicks he'd have done even better, because they were wide open and they worked when he used them.

Anyway, I'm interested (and by the looks of the way the threads on this season have trailed off, I'm pretty much the only one) in seeing how the next fight goes. Two pretty talented guys going at it.

Does anyone else think that the "Kimbo is coming back!" ship has sailed now that he's fighting Houston Alexander? Doesn't that make it pretty clear that he either doesn't fight again or fights again and loses?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 1:00am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had it 2-0 for Roy too. Does this mean Roy's in the finale?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 1:02am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By my count, Wren wiffed the vast majority of those shots he was throwing. In fact, the only one that landed solid enough to be damaging was the one they kept replaying to make Wren look like he did better.

Wren's talented but very green. He did much better in the beginning of the second round by putting combinations together, but had no gas after all those wild swings in the air in round 1.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 1:12am

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    I had it 2-0 for Roy too. Does this mean Roy's in the finale?
    No, one more and then he's in the finale. It goes 16( 8 fights) --> 8( 4 fights) -->4 (2 fights)-->2(finals). And I think there will be a couple of guys not in the final in the finale show.

As much as I like some of the fights they put on these finale shows with other good fighters in the UFC, I kinda wish they'd put mostly guys from the show on there like they used to. Some of them we'll never see again and they can make fights that will be exciting (stand up vs stand up etc) instead of smart for one side (stand up vs wrestler etc). I suspect I'm in the minority on this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 1:47am

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I felt that Wren won the first half of round 1 and cheeseburger won the second half. I felt like Wren won 3/4 of round 2..losing the last quarter....thus I was surprised Cheeseburger got the decision. He basicly just set up camp behind a stiff jab and lots of backing away and circling.

Im gonna make the prediction that Nelson loses his next fight and Kimbo does come back to fight soon.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 2:08am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had Nelson winning both rounds, but the first was close. Wren had a good flurry at the begining of the round that rocked Nelson, but didn't do much after that and Nelson was able to pick away at him. Had it gone to 3 rounds Wren would have gotten destroyed in the third.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 2:16am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason123 View Post
    I felt like Wren won 3/4 of round 2..losing the last quarter....thus I was surprised Cheeseburger got the decision. He basicly just set up camp behind a stiff jab and lots of backing away and circling.

Im gonna make the prediction that Nelson loses his next fight and Kimbo does come back to fight soon.
    I thought Roy definitely took the 2nd. I'm sure if you rewatched it and paid attention to the hit percentage and volume of strikes thrown, you'd change your mind.

As he did in his last fight, he seemed to have a decent game plan. Roy got stunned in the first, but aside from that, didn't seem to take too much damage. And judging from Wren's inability to keep his hands up in the 2nd, it probably would have been just as effective in the 3rd.

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 3:04am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone remember that Little Rascals short where Joe and Chubsie-Ubsie get into a boxing match, but only because they were both told that the other lardo was going to take a dive?

I was reminded of that this evening when watching the fight.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast