Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 1:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin & teh judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I think aikido can be applied in football.

So i was watching a bunch of tough sweaty men bumping into each other and chasing the ol' pigskin and then it hit me! WHY NOT TRY TO KOSHINAGE YOUR WAY INTO TOUCHDOWN! I think that's totally awesome and it brings a whole new meaning to aikido. I seriously consider this the best idea i've ever had and i'm considering learning aikido solely to be able to buy a major league team and make them kick ass on the field Ueshiba style,don't you think that would be absolutely awesome...someone should really do that...i can't even contain myself i think i'm about to ejacuate

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 1:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or someone should at least make a movie about it like the kung fu soccer one and the muay thai basketball one. Someone think of a cool name for it pls.

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 1:41pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steven Seagal stars in a new feature film about a high school football team in the gutter, and their only chance at winning it big is to master the art of aikido to dominate the gridiron. Steven Seagal stars in, "Receiver of Inner Harmony"

EDIT: I see you are from Europe. Well, in the country of the free, football is a manly sport with tackles being perfectly fine and whatnot (no red or yellow cards for being a meany). Thar would be a truly amazing sport to utilize aikido principles.

EDIT EDIT: I see now you are referring to our football.

Carry on.
    Last edited by ZenOfAnger; 11/11/2009 1:45pm at .
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 1:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Football is a pretty ambiguous term. I can think of 6 or 7 games all called football somewhere. But I think "the old pigskin" refers to gridiron. Am I right?

ANywya do you mean this koshinage? YouTube- C.Tissier Sensei - KOSHINAGE

How are you going to hold the ball while you use 2 hands the throw the guy? Even if you do find some aikido that works in t3h f13lds it'll only work until the powrs that be ban it. Just ask the Melbourne storm.
    http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0907-fdxu.html

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 1:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Developing Martial Arts/Grappling Skills in Offensive Linemen presents a comprehensive overview of grappling techniques that offensive linemen can use to enhance their performance. In an easy-to-understand and apply manner, the DVD explains and demonstrates how selected martial arts skills can be adapted for both pass-pro and run blocking.

Among the topics covered: biomechanical and physical principles involved in martial arts, minimal effort counters to defensive line moves, pressure points that lock bones and can cause discomfort, identifying and correcting common flaws, and unique and effective run-blocking techniques.

This football offensive line training video is presented by Mark Miller of Samurai Football. Running time of this teaching football video is 51 minutes and was produced in 2007"
    http://www.hitrunscore.com/827008770...all-video.html

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 2:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've often though that Judo would be a good cross training discipline for football, as most of the throws would not be considered fouls, and the focus on developing a "solid base" could only be beneficial, as would rolling.

However, successful teams seem to be the ones that focus on training to win football games, and not the ones training in some gimic they think "could" win a football game.

Gimmicks are a distraction from the actual goal.

For example, the Raiders seem to specialize in vaudevillian prat falls and other slapstick chicanery. They spend so much time trying to konck everybody down in a comical manner, that they never even bother trying to get that football to the endzone.

E.I. you want your football team playing football, not doing Aikido.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bitchslapper View Post
    Football is a pretty ambiguous term. I can think of 6 or 7 games all called football somewhere. But I think "the old pigskin" refers to gridiron. Am I right?

ANywya do you mean this koshinage? YouTube- C.Tissier Sensei - KOSHINAGE

How are you going to hold the ball while you use 2 hands the throw the guy? Even if you do find some aikido that works in t3h f13lds it'll only work until the powrs that be ban it. Just ask the Melbourne storm.
    http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0907-fdxu.html
    Not only the guy with the ball has to do/recieve tackles. But there are techniques with one hand too anyway. Also, koshinage was the first name that came in my mind so yeah... My poit was a professional football player (yes that's american football for you smart guys) is a dream uke for every aikidoka. The type they'll never find on t3h s7r33t5.
    About that article - it says "dangerous blah blah" and everyone knows aikido aint dangerous,it just makes your opponent decide to not attack you by having you toss him around like a 2 year old.
    Oh and by the way, two words: chun hockey.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or they could spend more time practacing football... since thats what they are paid to do...

edit- I also think the OP is retarded

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by takedowned View Post
    Not only the guy with the ball has to do/recieve tackles. But there are techniques with one hand too anyway. Also, koshinage was the first name that came in my mind so yeah... My poit was a professional football player (yes that's american football for you smart guys) is a dream uke for every aikidoka. The type they'll never find on t3h s7r33t5.
    About that article - it says "dangerous blah blah" and everyone knows aikido aint dangerous,it just makes your opponent decide to not attack you by having you toss him around like a 2 year old.
    Oh and by the way, two words: chun hockey.
    Really, why? I don't do aikido or play grid iron so I'm really curious.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by takedowned View Post
    I seriously consider this the best idea i've ever had
    Quote Originally Posted by t3h d3adly View Post
    edit- I also think the OP is retarded
    I think this statement supports your argument. I would also add that the OP should take up a non-contact sport like Aikido just so he stops getting kicked in the head so much.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast