Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 6:44am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fencing and wrestling, you aren't allowed to choke your opponent...
    You have no idea of how much happier I would have been as a teenager if the fencing rules allowed me to choke my opponents.

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 11:11am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    You have no idea of how much happier I would have been as a teenager if the fencing rules allowed me to choke my opponents.
    You can get away with an "incidental" shoulder strike in sabre :) Worst thing that will happen is a warning or a yellow card for corps-a-corps. Either that or you can break a blade over your opponent and claim that it was your riposte.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    You can get away with an "incidental" shoulder strike in sabre :) Worst thing that will happen is a warning or a yellow card for corps-a-corps. Either that or you can break a blade over your opponent and claim that it was your riposte.
    you forgot the "accidental" bell across the face. broke a guy's nose, and ruined a good bell and dude's mask with that one (who knows if he got the blood stains out of his jacket.) got thrown *right* out of the competition for that one though.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 12:39pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    you forgot the "accidental" bell across the face. broke a guy's nose, and ruined a good bell and dude's mask with that one (who knows if he got the blood stains out of his jacket.) got thrown *right* out of the competition for that one though.
    I was suggesting something that won't get you a black card. I think most people don't want to be barred from certain tournaments.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:41pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    Either that or you can break a blade over your opponent and claim that it was your riposte.
    Yeah, I had a period where I went through 5 or 6 sabre blades in less than two months. It never hurts to have people intimidated by your skill as well as your ability to smash a piece of steel over their heads. But it was always more enjoyable to watch an opponent completely deflate on the occasions that I'd hit their parry on the perfect spot to cut straight through their blade.

*sigh* I miss fencing, but it's too damned expensive. The mid-20s demographic is nearly nonexistent in that sport, since you can't really justify paying that much money for it once it's YOUR money and not your parents'.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123