Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 5:45am

Style: Tae Kwon Do(GTF now)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TaeKwonDo competition sparring:tips

i started this thread for people training in TKD to share their experience here(MMA/MT bastards just leave us TKD practitioners alone).any tips is welcomed(as long as it is good.no jumping 720 kick to your opponent is not a good tips)

i'll start
    1-don't worry about those those fast double roundhouse kick.it don't hurt much.but do worry on axe kick coming out of nowhere.that and a back-kick to the face
    2-learn some punching(crappy punching technique is better than no punching at all) and use it to keep the distance

carry on

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 5:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 5:56am

Style: Tae Kwon Do(GTF now)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yup.the one with thick hogu and helmet

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 6:12am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i see loltacularity in this thread, schools out now i guess?

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 6:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kid_1412 View Post
    1-don't worry about those those fast double roundhouse kick.it don't hurt much.
    But they will score.

2-learn some punching(crappy punching technique is better than no punching at all) and use it to keep the distance
    Distance is better kept under WTF ruleset with footwork, front kicks and back kicks. You're not going to keep distance with punches to the chest against a guy throwing fast and continuous roundhouses while advancing towards you.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 9:39am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back in the day when I did do TKD.

Utilize the front leg side kick as a stop technique and launch round house and spin sides off of it.

Learn to jam kicks and get inside. I did this more than most people and was considered a hooligan when I did WTF tournaments. Generally I would close the gap on a roundkick take it on my arm and then throw a couple of body shots and finish with an axekick while looking them dead in the face.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 1:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, SubGrappling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you do manage to get in close, start throwing a barrage of punches, then quickly push him away, and sneak in a roundhouse from either side to the head.

This next one worked for me, but not sure if it was because I had exceptional speed, but when someone charged in with a kick or whatever, jump to the side, and throw a roundhouse kick to his forward side simultaneously.

I always tried to throw as many punches as I could. The judges may not count them, but if thrown hard enough, they will hurt the guy, and that will help you score points indirectly because you have a way to control him. Plus he may be scared that the punches do score.

The front kick is under utilized. When someone throws a turning kick, or spinning kick, there is still some part of the protector that is facing front along the trajectory of the kick, whether it be bad posture or what not. The front kick can modified to attack these targets.

Another trick I liked to use was, I would throw one backkick from one side to get the guy thinking, and then immediately, I would turn the other way and throw backkick from that side.

When someone throws a backkick at me, I would babyhop to a side and throw a spinning hook kick to the head.