Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 9:43am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrazy View Post
    The trigger pull does not cause you to miss. Poor training does. Nobody carries it cocked and locked. It can be safely carried with safety off but it is against sop in every unit i'm aware of.
    Initial trigger pull (double-action) of the 92FS is between 7.5 - 16.5lbs. You have to concede that it will make your first shot less accurate, unless you cock it back and fire it single action, which is I believe somewhere around 4 - 6lbs. Still a little heavy on the trigger.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 9:59am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrazy View Post
    Normal would depend on unit sop's. Most of them would bee weekly or asap after firing.

I was infantry for 3 years then moved to a tank unit. I was not MOS qualified so I worked in the armory.
    I am not saying U.S. Infantry training is **** but it definately is not what assfucker51 wants to believe it is.
    I will say this. If he is in a Ranger Bat I take back everything I said but I suspect he is not. A typical FX is good training but it is alot more than firing a rifle. An FX will have some assault courses but getting there is the biggest part.
    No...I was not in a Ranger Bat. I wasn't in the 18-series either, just to get that out of the way. But I really think that you have no idea what our training involves. There is a HUGE difference between Marine Infantry and US Army Infantry. I don't know what USMC vs US Army rivalry you bit into, but you're so very wrong.

EDIT::

Mod. Can we move the USMC vs Army nonsense to another thread so we can stop shitting up this guy's search for a decent sidearm?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 10:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    No...I was not in a Ranger Bat. I wasn't in the 18-series either, just to get that out of the way. But I really think that you have no idea what our training involves. There is a HUGE difference between Marine Infantry and US Army Infantry. I don't know what USMC vs US Army rivalry you bit into, but you're so very wrong.

EDIT::

Mod. Can we move the USMC vs Army nonsense to another thread so we can stop shitting up this guy's search for a decent sidearm?
    I think the op gave up on this thread already. There is some much similarity in the training that I can join the Army and not have to go to infantry school again. USMC infantry school is patterned after Ranger school, though I will concede it probably isn't quite as tough. I really think that this is a silly argument so I won't post anymore on this subject. I also will say that I could have worded some things better than I did but I still stand by what I said.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678