Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 11:08pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    You know nothing. You have no experience.

You didn't have a mouthguard. You were vulnerable to major dental damage.

He demonstrated his ability to dominate, beat, obliterate, decimate, destroy, control, and deck you in the first round.

He then let you work.

He didn't say "nice job" because he didn't feel like saying "nice job." My judo coach, nice guy as he is, doesn't say "good job, sport!" every time we randori. Even when I did well. He has to run the class. He'll say "matte; line up" and class ends. That doesn't mean he's pissed that I almost caught him in something; he was going easy on me anyway!
    Yeah, my FMA coach never/very rarely gave us a "good job" or pat on back. So a silence without correcting anything was all the encouragement needed. On the flipside one HKD mcdojo instructor always said "great" or something gay like that even when I knew what I just did was crap.

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 11:13pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, smart move, tell him not to pull punches because you don't think he has what it takes to beat you. Your experience in your garage should shine through and totally dominate him.

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 11:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is the remote possibility that you are an exquisite physical specimen of natural talent, and he is a poseur faker bullshido peddler. This is, however, unlikely in my estimation.

I've seen a lot of guys come into the MMA and judo schools and not comprehend when we were A) going easy on them, B) beating them, or C) totally obliterating them and then going nice for the rest of the round or day. When you come back and ask to go a hard round, he is going to total you. I recommend buying some tylenol before class, just to have it on hand.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 11:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, alright.

And I don't mean for him to just plow me into a wall. I just want him to use his full boxing arsenal with the same amount of force we were using.

I'm in... decent physical condition, but I doubt I'm any genetic freak or anything, especially since I've got scoliosis.

EDIT: But God... If he really does suck I'm gonna feel terrible if I tell him to go hard on me and then get more hits again...
    Last edited by Maelthorn; 11/10/2009 11:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 11:38pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would very strongly advise you not to do this, unless you're completely convinced that this boxing instructor is really chill. Some people get kind of funny when some new guy comes up and challenges them, especially if you do it in front of their class. If you give it a couple of weeks, you'll probably figure it out one way or another, and you won't risk running into some guy who's touchy about this kind of thing.

That's just me, though, do whatever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 11:41pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, a polite and non-offensive way you could ask your coach is:

Before sparring,
    " I was thinking if you could show me what you were capable of, technique wise, so I can know how far away I am from being even close to your level"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 11:57pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say you learn the technique you came in there to learn. If you really feel that this guy's got nothing to offer you, then don't go back there. It's that simple. If you want someone to ring your bell, I'm sure there's other guys in the gym that'll do it for you.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP could put Greg Jackson in the hospital. That must mean Greg Jackson sucks and should quit coaching.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:37am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes when I don't like a new guy(Like who just started,but doesn't respect anyone and literally try to HURT other people knowingly or not,doesn't want to tap,and act carelessly) I put him in a submission go hard for a second and when they are about to tap I let them go.
    Or just move around ON them so they have a hard time, feel a lot pressure.
    But don't submit them.

After we are finished they feel like badasses and they tell me I was "NOT BAD" and did "A GOOD JOB" because I wasn't ABLE TO submit them.(I am talking about newcomers here)

Your story reminds me what I do with girls.If they are new I just give them the feeling that I don't use strength but I can still do something, to encourage them.Than I let them to try everything they know on me so I end up tapping many times.(No I don't have a getting-my-ass-beaten-by-a-girl fetish)
    You are the girl in this story.

And you remember the 5 hits he got? I m sure he got all of those just because you did something SO wrong that he wanted to remind you something.He wouldn't even have those if you wouldn't.

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 12:42am

Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHA even of the coach was not vey good at fighting you should know there are trainers who are out there and cant fight for shiznit! they are mostly elderly though!
    altough it depends, I'v seen elderly people whoop ass so I think it's mental! but if the coach is younger you should hope he can fight!

anyways.....I agree that he was going easy on you! my boxing coach goes easy on me often and I am sure that he can easily kick my ass
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast