Sponsored Links Spacer Image

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 5:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my judo is suspect, the only throws i can pull off are sacrifice throws and kata garuma.. the rest is sloppy wrestling, i said i'd been doing it a long time not that i was good at it

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:27am

Style: mental illness recovery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hi Zendo

Thanks for talking to me...

When i said breakfall, i wasnt just talking about Aikido breakfalls but breakfalls in general. I first learnt both how to fall and to take down, in Judo. Then I relearnt it in Aikido. Now I use it in both. The way I throw is such that you had better hope that you can take a fall, cos you matey, are going down! (preferably through the mat, if you are ready for that?!)

Next I want to do some more Jo-staff work. I did some of this in the park last week, but have had to take some time out recently becuase my wisdom tooth has been playing up. Hopefully i will bw able to get back into the 'fold' soon enough! John

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 10:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will look around for other gyms, but in the end I think I might just take a break from MA for a bit and focus on lifting. A regular gym membership definitely costs a LOT less than an MA gym.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 7:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaboj View Post
    Thanks for talking to me...

When i said breakfall, i wasnt just talking about Aikido breakfalls but breakfalls in general. I first learnt both how to fall and to take down, in Judo. Then I relearnt it in Aikido. Now I use it in both. The way I throw is such that you had better hope that you can take a fall, cos you matey, are going down! (preferably through the mat, if you are ready for that?!)

Next I want to do some more Jo-staff work. I did some of this in the park last week, but have had to take some time out recently becuase my wisdom tooth has been playing up. Hopefully i will bw able to get back into the 'fold' soon enough! John
    I'm in a nice mood, so I'm going to assume that you are just meaning to say that you are proficient in Judo-esque throws...but that it came wrongly over because...you were happy that somebody talked (=typed) to you in a civilized manner.

If I'm mistaken and this is "a challenge", I'll be at the London TD on the 6th of February where you get a chance to throw me through the tatami...and then I'll explain (by example) the small differences in Te Guruma from the Judo, SAMBO and Freestyle Wrestling point of view.

But since I'm in a good mood...you just got excited to tell someone about your throwing capability...offcourse...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456