Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 1:19pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    It's really not that technical. Great, they have body control and that's all!
    Tell Tyga that wrestling -- takedowns and body control in particular -- are easy, non-technical skills the next time you see him at Steve's place.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    Nog?

No, don't think so. I have the feeling Nog would fo the way of Capt America.
    I agree with you on Fedor and Carwin, but I think you're severely underestimating Nog on this one. Guy can take more punishment than anybody in the sport and still catch you in a sub. Full on head kick from Cro Cop, full on punches to the face from Fedor, Randy, Sylvia, and more. If you're judging him based on the Mir fight, we all know that that was due to illness, not age.

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 2:12pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rusher View Post
    Tell Tyga that wrestling -- takedowns and body control in particular -- are easy, non-technical skills the next time you see him at Steve's place.
    Holy ****, are you serious? Having watched Tyga multiple times, I can safely say that if he was around 280lbs and wrestling Brock, I'd put my money on Tyga.

By the way, please point out where I said it was easy. Take-downs and body control are certainly technical skills, when you combine them with other things.

"Ha! I fall on you! *punchpunchpunchpunch*"
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 2:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Congo can't stop a take down to save his life. Unless he head kicks or knees Lesner on his way in for the take down he will be mauled.
    Actually, facepunchings will do just fine. I'll be impressed if Brock has half the chin of Cain.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All Lesnar has to do is eat one, maybe two, before he gets Kongo to the ground. After that point, Kongo will probably be unable to mount any defense as Brock GnPs him into either submission, TKO, or (in the least likely scenario) the end of the round, in which case he'll just do it again after the break.

Kongo either needs to be able to KO Lesnar with one hit, or work on some kind of monster training program for getting off his back and back on his feet. I highly doubt he'll be able to stop the takedowns from happening.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, please point out where I said it was easy. Take-downs and body control are certainly technical skills, when you combine them with other things.
    Yeah, but by themselves take-downs are not technical skills. Nor is body control....

Come on Foxtrot, you lost this one. Lesnar is not at all technical in some aspect of his game, but wrestling is not one of them. His wrestling is very good. There's a reason he was the Division I NCAA champ, and it's not a lack of technical wrestling.

That said, I can't stand the guy, and was really looking forward to him fighting Carwin, who I thought stood a good chance to beat him. Nog stands a good chance, but I'd still put my money on Lesnar. Velasquez v Lesnar would be a good fight, but Brock's too big and technical to be outwrestled by Velasquez, and Cain hasn't shown any particular propensity to striking that would make me think he as a serious chance.

And Kongo, ****! Are you serious? Kongo??!?! Yeah sure, then maybe he could fight Antonin Hardonk. Really???? KONGO????

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 8:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I've watched fights in high school that go the same way. It's really not that technical. Great, they have body control and that's all!
    Yeah, **** those wrestling fags. Throw in some flying armbars with your takedown and body control ability and then we'll talk.

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, are you serious? Having watched Tyga multiple times, I can safely say that if he was around 280lbs and wrestling Brock, I'd put my money on Tyga.

By the way, please point out where I said it was easy. Take-downs and body control are certainly technical skills, when you combine them with other things. "
    are you just pissed that the Philles lost or something? (I am!)

Tyga is a more technical wrestler because he's: A. damn good and B. he's a lighter weight fighter. This is pretty much true with all fight sports. If you want to see the more technical fights, you're usually going to want to watch the lighter brackets.

If Tyga was 280#, he'd be a different fighter entirely! Its just a fact of how the human body works. Boxing, Sambo, Greco-Roman etc.

If you want to watch "body control" as a skill, consider that the Olympic talent in gymnastics is typically going to be a 14 year old girl that weighs 115#...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 10:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace View Post
    Yeah, but by themselves take-downs are not technical skills. Nor is body control....
    Where did I hear that...oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51

Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace View Post
    Come on Foxtrot, you lost this one. Lesnar is not at all technical in some aspect of his game, but wrestling is not one of them. His wrestling is very good. There's a reason he was the Division I NCAA champ, and it's not a lack of technical wrestling.
    You know...I keep saying he's not a technical fighter. The keyword is fighter. I haven't been saying that he's not a technical wrestler. If this was the NCAA, Pan-Ams, or Olympics...I'm sure I'd be praising the guy up and down. But it's not...
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 10:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    are you just pissed that the Philles lost or something? (I am!)
    No...I hate the Phillies and I especially hate their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    Tyga is a more technical wrestler because he's: A. damn good and B. he's a lighter weight fighter. This is pretty much true with all fight sports. If you want to see the more technical fights, you're usually going to want to watch the lighter brackets.

If Tyga was 280#, he'd be a different fighter entirely! Its just a fact of how the human body works. Boxing, Sambo, Greco-Roman etc.
    If Tyga was 280lbs, he'd be a different fighter, yes...but if he brought the same skill set to the table, he'd be just as good.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast