Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 8:01pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    So if a little guy wins, it's just because of technique and skill, and if a big guy wins it's just because of size and strength? The fighting world isn't as black and white as you imply it is.
    You're creating absolutes...I didn't say that. I said better technique and in most cases.

Brock Lesnar could pound my head through my ass if he wanted to. That ability (against me) has nothing to with technique but the fact that he is 100+lbs more than I am. If I (magically) beat him...it would have nothing to do with my size and strength simply because I couldn't match it with him...
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, so my point with Lesnar is that other people in his weight class for wrestling are at his same size/strength level. All other factors being equal, he won by being more technical than his opponents, making him a skilled fighter, in his own way. All of this points to him being more than just big and strong.

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 9:00pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alpha, when's the last Brock fight you watched in full? He defended well against the kneebar in the second Mir fight when Frank dove for it, and used quite technical top control to set up his GnP. The only part of Brock's game that isn't technical to some level is his standup.

YouTube- Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir: How to Destroy the Half Guard

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 9:15pm

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesnar is a world class wrestling technician. We may not like him or his attitude, etc. However there is no disputing that he is a great wrestler. He uses a lot of technique, training and weight placement and maneuvering in his MMA fights. Due to that and his great size and strength he will be a handful for anyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 9:17pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the thing I know is Lesnar is still improving and the later is the harder for Fedor.
    But I would still put my money on Fedor thats for sure

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 2:33am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's never going to happen. Lesnar is going to lose his title to Nog in 2010 anyway. Then we'll get to see a fight of biblical proportions, Fedor vs. Nog 4.

:)

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 2:59am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Brock's talent as a wrestler is immense. That doesn't make him a technical fighter. If the cumulative effect of all that pedigree is grrrrrrrrsmash... then I don't think he qualifies.

Fedor would clock him in his big upright head...and I think rogers would too. I think Brock's a little too sure of his size..and against a fedor or even a rogers heavy handed type...he's going to get clocked..and I would question his chin. He didn't come up in fighting sports. I don't think he could keep his head against a heavy handed quick guy.

p.s. Dana couldn't be more full of ****, if he dined on it daily.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:07am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But what do you people think about a Fedor vs. Nog 4?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:17am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    But what do you people think about a Fedor vs. Nog 4?

I always thought after the 3rd fight people tend to shut up.Maybe I m wrong I dunno.

A 4th fight?? Fedor K the **** O of NOG.

Tell me what you like but I don't think Nog has the perfect jiujitsu.
    TAking people into your guard, getting beaten like hell, and when the opponent is tired submitting them is not the perfect jiujitsu in my opinion.

Frank Mir did the right thing, thats the way to beat Nog, just go on beating the **** out of him non stop.He can just take MORE punches than an avarage person thats all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 4:51am

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With a few vibrant exceptions that have been highly enjoyable, the UFC heavyweight division consists of men relying on their inborn size and power with considerably less technique shown than any other weight class. I'm fully aware that the vast majority of those dudes could simply sit on me and thereby snuff my life out, but that doesn't make their performance any less sloppy, ponderous, and boring to watch.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast