Page 4 of 13 First 12345678 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Cesar View Post
    I'm so tired of hearing this, you and whoever else thinks this is clueless.
    Please point out a moment where he shows the contrary and maybe I'll care. He has size. You can be as tired as you want about it...he's not a technical fighter.

Edit:

And if he was such a technical fighter...how did he end up in a kneebar which AN AVID FAN COULD HAVE SEEN COMING. (Much less a fighter).
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because not complete != not technical. He is very technical in parts of his game, but her doesn't have a total game yet. Characterizing his top game as "just laying on the guy" is a load. He was active, mobile and technical in his top control.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    Because not complete != not technical. He is very technical in parts of his game, but her doesn't have a total game yet. Characterizing his top game as "just laying on the guy" is a load. He was active, mobile and technical in his top control.
    ...seriously? I haz punchin skillz...boop!
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GnP aside, he's still a collegiate wrestling champ. I'm not a great wrestler, so maybe someone can answer this better than me, but I assume his wresting is technically sound. I suppose it's possible that he became wrestling champ in the same way he became UFC champ (just being big and strong), but I find this harder to believe in collegiate wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    GnP aside, he's still a collegiate wrestling champ. I'm not a great wrestler, so maybe someone can answer this better than me, but I assume his wresting is technically sound. I suppose it's possible that he became wrestling champ in the same way he became UFC champ (just being big and strong), but I find this harder to believe in collegiate wrestling.
    Strength and size wouldn't factor into wrestling?? I must be losing touch with reality.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I used the word "just," it's meant to be taken as a qualifier. Suitable replacements would include "only," "solely," and "nothing but."

The last heavyweight champ in boxing was a 7 ft. giant, but got beat by a (relatively) little British guy. I've seen little guys outwrestle bigger guys too.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    When I used the word "just," it's meant to be taken as a qualifier. Suitable replacements would include "only," "solely," and "nothing but."

The last heavyweight champ in boxing was a 7 ft. giant, but got beat by a (relatively) little British guy. I've seen little guys outwrestle bigger guys too.
    yes, because they were the better technical fighter (in most cases)

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So if a little guy wins, it's just because of technique and skill, and if a big guy wins it's just because of size and strength? The fighting world isn't as black and white as you imply it is.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, I'm not going to apologize for not agreeing with you guys. I don't see it. It's my opinion that he's not a technical fighter...just from what I've seen.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Page 4 of 13 First 12345678 ... Last