Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that Brock could be beaten by a good striker...just not one with absolutely zero wrestling at all.

Personally, I think Overeem needs to come to the UFC and eat Brock for lunch. Maybe they could call the PPV, "UFC 115: Roid Rage in the Cage" or something.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    Brock's chin is good enough[...]the guy's head is a block of cement and he has no neck. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to take a 1-2

If Brock has a better chin than Mark Hunt, I will erect an altar in my backyard and make a blood sacrifice out of my prized goat.

Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Personally, I think Overeem needs to come to the UFC and eat Brock for lunch.

Overeem would be overkill.

WOAR KING KONGO

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 12:59am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post

If Brock has a better chin than Mark Hunt, I will erect an altar in my backyard and make a blood sacrifice out of my prized goat.
    Neither I, nor you mentioned either Mark Hunt or Manhoef. They do not enter into this equation AT ALL. Your post is completely irrelevant.

If your point was "Anyone can be knocked out" well gee, what a revelation? Except that Mark Hunt has nothing to do with it, because 1. He was trying to strike with Melvin in that gif, not take him down, 2. Kongo may hit hard, but he's no Manhoef, and 3. Kongo wouldn't be on his feet long enough to land more than a jab. He certainly wouldn't have the base or time to set up a power shot like Manhoef's while worrying about Brock's shot.

:)

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 1:19am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock would get destroyed by Bret Rogers, in my opinion. He's a great wrestler, but (sorry to some of you, whom I respect, but) wrestling is certainly not near to fighting, within the context of an mma discussion...any more than arm wrestling, or mercy.

It is a great primer sport for mma, but I don't think wrestling somebody qualifies as fighting them. There are amazing correlations between some of the skill sets involved, but I'd say not having your chin tested until a handful of pro fights, indicates, not much experience with fighting.

Not to reasoned, on my part, but I don't think I could call brock a fighter, prior to his mma work, I guess that's what I'm saying.

In my opinion, he's a protected champ, set up against good fighters, but not strike heavy chaps. He's a massive, overbearingly large wrestler, fighting grapplers. That's not the same test, as having Fedor, or Rogers smack the utter **** out of his big head.

You remember Hong Man trying to gnp Fedor. That **** was hilarious. Twice the russian's hanging off diagonally from his arm.

Brock's big, but I dont' think he's the man giant that hong is..and Fedor Fed-owned that dude.

I'd actually love to see hong man fight brock. That would be magic

My money would be on the hong man

WWE??? please,

College wrestling? nope, not fighting either
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 11/13/2009 1:20am at . Reason: more awesomeness

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 2:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    Neither I, nor you mentioned either Mark Hunt or Manhoef.
    I mentioned Mark Hunt. Y'know, the guy whose chin is his defining feature? Chin is relevant to the discussion.

1. He was trying to strike with Melvin in that gif, not take him down
    Yeah, because trying to take someone down makes you immune to strikes.

He certainly wouldn't have the base or time to set up a power shot like Manhoef's
    Are we looking at different gifs? Manhoef was backpedaling.

Yes, point was, anyone can get knocked out. The most unlikely of strikes can and do have profound impact on the other guy's ability to discern up from down. "Chin" means next to nothing. The ability to defend strikes does, and I haven't seen any of that from Brockle Snar.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 3:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are some great comedic gems popping up in the hyperbole wars.

Hesp, anyone can get knocked out, but I think you might be underestimating Lesnar a bit. Then again, he has so few fights that's it's pretty much anyone's guess how he matches up against other fighters. Hong Man Choi, Kongo, Overeem, Rogers; any of them could match Lesnar's size and strength. That's what makes this fantasy-fight game so fun.

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 4:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock being so big, only means so much. I think as the fights wear on, his body carrying all that muscle will work against him.

If someone lasts out the initial onslaught, I think that slight drop in speed on his part, could spell trouble for him, and I'm not convinced he can take some real shots standing, and stay coherent.

Mir, no disrespect, wasn't the worst test his type of fighter could have. Set Lesnar up with a heavy handed maul artist, and that's a fun fight to watch.

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 4:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and Marc Hunt's chin is EPIC, and is something to be admired. I doubt Brock could survive some of the shots that man took. Just saying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 4:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are all retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    Where did I hear that...oh yeah.

If only we had a sarcasm font. The point is that those things (takedown and body control) can be incredibly technical.

Mark Hunt? Really??? Lesnar would destroy Mark Hunt, taking him down and probably pounding him out, or at least lay on him the whole fight. I don't care what kind of chin he has (his defining feature is hit fatness, by the way).

And seriously, are we still pushing Kongo?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2009 4:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fleeing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is boring and done to death. How about Silva versus Mousasi instead.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast