T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 8:02am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight Night Round 4...

Models look better but animation looks identical to Undisputed at this point. That might change, but i kind of doubt it considering how far along it is. What I'm most curious to see are the game-play mechanics.

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 8:06am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just hope the strikings a bit more responsive. The combos felt really sluggish and delayed compared to button hits, even with an advanced fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 12:15am

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm hoping the face button controls are well thought out because I found the Fight Night Round 4 stick striking to be poorly executed.

Posted On:
    3/26/2010 7:17am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    I'm hoping the face button controls are well thought out because I found the Fight Night Round 4 stick striking to be poorly executed.
    It was the stick controls that turned me off buying FNR4 after playing the demo, so I hope it's not used in this game.

I guess the things that I would like to see in this game are what most people want, with a few minor things thrown in.

These are all in comparison to UFC Undisputed 2009 of course.

As everyone said, I'd like more responsive controls.

I would like a few more game modes. Being a realistic depiction of MMA that of course isn't easy though, you can't exactly have tag team, survival and time attack. The only idea I can think of is maybe a trainer mode, where you train a fighter up, choosing their exercise regime, act as their sparring partner to make them work on aspects of their game you deem necessary, come up with fight plans etc. Of course that's just career mode without actually playing the character yourself, so it may be a bit too boring for most.

Less loading times and a slicker interface.

A more involved career mode. Undisputed's career mode was just exhibition mode with stat grinding between fights.

A better create a fighter mode, including the option of making them Australian, something that was lacking from Undisputed.

Maybe some background and stats on the fighters in the game. Undisputed has no real information for people who don't know much about MMA. Admittedly they have the commentary with some information and basic stats like height, weight, age, record etc, but beyond that nothing.

More attention to detail. If you create a fighter and put them through career mode, which I think lasts for about five years or so, their age never changes. It's not much, but sometimes the little details matter.
    Last edited by Evil Solvalou; 3/26/2010 7:21am at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234