Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you decide you want something that would normally be outside your price range, look for it used. Guns don't wear like most other items unless they're mistreated or not maintained. My favorite bolt-actions are all milsurps between 70 and 100 years old, and I hunt deer with my grandmother's shotgun, made in 1953.

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 3:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For cheap: Savage

For Reputation: Remington 700

For quality at a value: Tikka

The Savage is considered some of the best gun for the money that you can find.

The Remington 700 has been a choice rifle for pro's and sportsmen alike for a long long time.

The Tikka is about the finest machine you can get in the price range of the lower end Remmy 700's. As far as price is concerned, you will get features that run you far more in the Remington rifles (Like a free floated bull barrel, if that's the kind of thing you're into.)

If a new 700 is too spendy, I say go for the Savage, or a used 700. Best value short of the Tikka IMO.

Tikka rifles run @ $500+, but that's what I have. Gotta love that Finnish quality!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2009 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing & Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for abandoning this thread. Anyway I took your (most of you) advice and decided that money is worthless until you spend it.

I opted for a Remington 700 SPS 30-06 with a synthetic stock. There is no .308 caliber for that specific 700 model. I got it last week but haven't had a chance to shoot it until today. It groups really well. I'm talking like in a three inch radius. Pretty insane. Went hunting today but didn't even see anything though.

I was warned about the recoil which freaked me out a bit but it turned out to be no problem. What was a problem was how fucking loud it is compared to a .22. My ears are still ringing. Next time I'll have ear protection for sure.

Thanks for the help. I'm happy with it.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/22/2009 8:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .30-06 has a bad reputation for recoil because the military rifles originally chambered for it had a bad reputation (deserved) for recoil. It sounds like you got what you needed. Good luck!

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/22/2009 11:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    30-06 is a good round. not one i would want for myself, but nothing wrong with it.

it sounds like you got what you wanted and you're happy with it. so that's all that matters.

good job, now post pics.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 9:45pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    30-06 will be great for almost any game you might hunt. A Remington 700 in 30-06 will give you a lifetime of good shooting. So it is money well spent.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12