224642 Bullies, 4145 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 8:33am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights - Episode 8

Will fill this in when I actually have watched it. You guys know that if for some reason we get hit by a bus, you can start the discussion thread, right?

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No big surprises. Marcus has the real jits, at least against Wessel. They're still trying to find a way to put Kimbo back in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 9:08am

Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Will fill this in when I actually have watched it. You guys know that if for some reason we get hit by a bus, you can start the discussion thread, right?

We're lost without you.

And wewt, more man-drama, just to keep us watching.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 9:14am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Called that win last week...

Big Baby's standup looks as awkward as the next 6'15" guy (I really don't get why guys that big move so robotically) but he is one strong mo'fo. That armbar wasn't terribly tight he just wrenched it with his arms and ruined Wessel's night.

I really don't think these 5'11" - 6'1" guys should be competing at heavyweight, they are at such a disadvantage. I mean, I get that some of them are bulking up to get on the show (ie - Titties) but it just seems silly to me, especially when guys like Marcus and Shivers are wandering around.

Anyway, I think Marcus destroys Titties in the finals and I really hope Mitrione is okay. While I would like to see Kimbo get another shot (just to watch him get beat down again) I would like to see what Mitrione can do once the cardio is better and there is less of an adrenaline dump. In fact I would like to see him vs Marcus in the finals... I think that would be one hell of an entertaining fight!

Oh, and props to Titties for standing up to Rampage like he did.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 9:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Marcus takes Schoonover, but I was wincing and saying, "Oh, Marcus, NO!" when he looked at the floor and said "I'll let my coach decide. I'll fight whoever Rampage says I should fight."

I think it worked out OK for him, but seriously, Marcus, have you not learned anything from the last 6 weeks? You don't let Rampage make your decisions. Making good decisions is not how Rampage made it to the top of the game.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 10:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    I think Marcus takes Schoonover, but I was wincing and saying, "Oh, Marcus, NO!" when he looked at the floor and said "I'll let my coach decide. I'll fight whoever Rampage says I should fight."

I think it worked out OK for him, but seriously, Marcus, have you not learned anything from the last 6 weeks? You don't let Rampage make your decisions. Making good decisions is not how Rampage made it to the top of the game.

The guy is used to playing a "team" sport and placing more trust in his coach then would be usually be warranted in an "individual" sport.

In *this* instance, it looks like Rampage's dislike of Schoonover may end up being to Marcus' advantage.

I'm liking the Wren/Nelson matchup. I think that will be a good one.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 10:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the idea of Wren vs. Nelson, but I think Nelson pulls it out.

I like how Dana says he can't explain why Nelson rubs him the wrong way. I can explain it: Nelson is kind of a dick. And the sad, hard truth is that just like pretty girls can get away with being bitchy, a witty man can get away with a certain level of cocky, smart-ass comments. That's how Forrest Griffin has so many fans, and it used to work for Rampage, too, until he decided he hated Rashad too much to think of anything witty to say.

But a guy who thinks he's being brilliant about putting you in your place while saying something stupid is ten times as annoying as either a dumb guy or a cocky guy who can back it up with something. "Naw, I'm here to, like, uh, dance around and things!" is not a witty retort.

So, Dana, you can't stand Roy Nelson because he's a bit of an asshole, kind of like you are, only not really as good at it. It makes me wonder if Nelson's trying to cultivate some kind of image of the cocky jerk, but I think he's just not that good at conversation.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 10:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    I like the idea of Wren vs. Nelson, but I think Nelson pulls it out.
    Agreed.

I like how Dana says he can't explain why Nelson rubs him the wrong way. I can explain it: Nelson is kind of a dick. And the sad, hard truth is that just like pretty girls can get away with being bitchy, a witty man can get away with a certain level of cocky, smart-ass comments. That's how Forrest Griffin has so many fans, and it used to work for Rampage, too, until he decided he hated Rashad too much to think of anything witty to say.

But a guy who thinks he's being brilliant about putting you in your place while saying something stupid is ten times as annoying as either a dumb guy or a cocky guy who can back it up with something. "Naw, I'm here to, like, uh, dance around and things!" is not a witty retort.

So, Dana, you can't stand Roy Nelson because he's a bit of an asshole, kind of like you are, only not really as good at it. It makes me wonder if Nelson's trying to cultivate some kind of image of the cocky jerk, but I think he's just not that good at conversation.

Nelson thinks Dana needs him as much as he needs Dana.

Dana doesn't like that he needed to pull the gimmick card (Kimbo, ex IFL Champs and ex-Footballers) out of his ass to put this season together and, thus far his "big get", Kimbo has failed. Nelson is his next "big get" and Nelson even said as much first episode.

Dana is used to being in the catbird seat and doesn't like that Nelson thinks he has just a little amount of power and control in the situation. Dana likes the guys being subservient and Nelson isn't being that.

Dana tipped his hand a bit by complaining to Nelson about his "boring fight" and Nelson might continue trying to play it safe and sane to not only make it into the finals healthy, but to piss off Dana.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 11:30am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wren vs Nelson seems premature to me. They strike me as being the best two fighters and would have made a good finale.

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 1:11pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nelson may have issue taking Wren down methinks.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast