• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 2:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BEWARD: Edge Ultimate Martial Arts in Saddle Brook NJ

To anyone in Northern New Jersey looking to join this MMA school, be CAREFUL. I checked this school out with intensions of joining the Muay Thai classes. I was told to come check out a class and everyone seemed very nice and friendly. When I checked out the school, the head trainer was very friendly and the training facility looked great. When I asked about price, I was told I would be required to sign a 6-month or 12-month contract. I asked if I could do a month to month, but was told MMA schools were no longer allowing month to month, which I found to be a little fishy but I said ok. I signed a 6-month agreement, which stated I needed to put a down payment of $199 and that my next payment would be deducted in a few days on my credit card. Later that day I find out the school uses a company called Educational Funding Company to collect my monthly payments. If you go on the Better Business Bureau site, you'll see this funding company is rated an "F"!!. Reason being is because they are very shady. They tell you in writing on the contract that you only need to give them 30 days notice in order to cancel your membership. What they dont tell you is that since the MMA school is charging you a Down Payment and the Funding Company is charging you again that same month, the funding company is only collecting 5 months worth of payments in that 6 month period. This means if you want to cancel your membership within 30 days of the 6 month experation as stated on the contract, you can't because you in fact need to cancel 60 days prior. I spoke to someone at the Funding Company and they suggested you cancel atleast 75 days prior. Now, who wants to sign a 6 month contract and have to decide 3 months into training whether they want to continue or not??? Lets say you have a situation after 4 or 5 months where you need to stop training? Unfortunately, after that 3rd month you become AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED for another 6 months. So surprise!! Luckily for me, the contract stated I could cancel the membership with a 100% refund within 3 business days and thats what I did. I called the MMA school and let them know I was cancelling and they wished me luck and told me no problem and that ALL my money would be refunded to me. I asked if I needed to send a certified letter to them, as per the terms on the contract, and they stated not to worry about sending a letter. My gut instinct told me I should send it anyway and I did. Here's the funny thing, its been over a month and they still haven't refunded my Down Payment money to me!!! Luckily, I was able to contact my credit card company and dispute the claim. I thank God I sent a certified letter within the 3 day grace period because if not I may have been screwed. Seems The Edge was able to charge my credit card right there and then but for whatever reason have decided not to refund my $199. I called them twice and they politely told me i'd get my money back and not to worry, yet still no refund. BEWARE to anyone looking into this school. My advice is do your homework and check out other schools as well. I called around and found many great schools that do both term contracts and month to month payments. DO NOT PAY CASH!! Make sure you can pay with a credit card that can open a dispute for you in case something like this happens. Maybe The Edge thinks keeping someone's $199 these days is no big deal, but some people need to respect the terms of their own contract and learn to be Professional!!

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 2:43am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is typical for most MA schools to have an outside company handling their billing. My school uses ASF.

Sounds more McDojo than Bullshido.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 2:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu / Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like the school is trying to pull a fast one when they "forget" or just avoid refunding your money!! Find yourself a reputable school that wants to "teach" the art of combat and isn't solely looking for profit.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 12:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus13 View Post
    Sounds like the school is trying to pull a fast one when they "forget" or just avoid refunding your money!! Find yourself a reputable school that wants to "teach" the art of combat and isn't solely looking for profit.
    Why did you create the MMAddicted account to put up this thread, then start sockpuppeting to yourself?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol.
    adminpwned

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    11/07/2009 6:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    enter button plz

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 12:38pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who's school is it?

Posted On:
    11/10/2009 1:39pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had a problem in the past with the EFC...they are horrid. This is probably a case of a shitty school mixed with an EXTREMELY shitty business parter/financial company...
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist: