Posted On:12/17/2009 9:53pm
PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing
here are my mistakes from my last first KB fight. note: I do have ring experience, but in a pankration/MMA context.
1. Getting used to being hit hard
2. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS
3. PATIENCE. the main reason I lost was because I got too caught up in the pressure and tried to slug it out with a stronger guy.
4. fixating too much on "things going to plan" this includes out of the box stuff. Like opponent/ruleset change in the last minute
5. Hitting hard. I approached it like an AM boxing match. No. In kickboxing, I think first fights need to be done with good power.
1. I upped my cardio like crazy for the fight. We were both punching ourselves out, but I kept form and speed until my last knockdown
Hope this helps. *may not be applicable to you since you go to a real MT school*
Posted On:2/23/2010 2:04am
If its 1 1/2 minute rounds there is a good chance he'll come in swinging, make sure you're ready to move, push kick, cover up, whatever it is you do against an aggressive opponent. What you'll do in the fight is the simple things you do all the time, not the fancy stuff you do once or twice, so drill lots of nice simple combinations over and over with power.
Posted On:2/23/2010 2:41am
I call necro
Posted On:2/23/2010 8:36am
Style: Muay Thai
I second your call of Necro, but add a mitigating dash of n00b trying to get his post-count up....
Posted On:2/24/2010 2:02am
Sorry, it caught my attntion and I assumed if it was on the first page it was still more or less active. I'm not that interested in getting my post count up to be honest.
Posted On:2/24/2010 11:28am
MMAMickey = necro police
Posted On:2/24/2010 11:37am
lol I should get a tag
Posted On:2/24/2010 12:04pm
MMAMickey: NecroCop & Hammer of the n00B
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info