Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 2:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kung Fu Filipino Martial Arts in Canada?

http://blanciaangel.blogspot.com/

has anyone encountered his? judge for yourself and let me know

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 8:42am

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't get the link from Guro Canete of Doce Pares fame to work for some reason. I am curious to hear what he has to say...

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 9:06am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jomex View Post
    has anyone encountered his? judge for yourself and let me know
    For a supposed 'grandmaster' the technique shown in the video clips is pathetic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    For a supposed 'grandmaster' the technique shown in the video clips is pathetic.
    I watched the knife defense video and I would, unfortunately, have to concur at least on that one. It looked like several of the demonstrated movements actually brought her into contact with the blade. In addition, whenever I see knife defense techniques that require the receiver to spin the feeder around and assume compliance I start tuning it out. When I see fancy disarms that do not include liberal amounts of popping the feeder in the face or working limb destructions, so that you can distract them long enough to actually pull any of that crap off, I completely lose interest. There is some really good knife defense stuff out there, Kelly Worden, Dan Anderson, Bram Frank, etc., (i'm sure there are many others I am forgetting). When I compare this, when I have seen the good stuff, it doesn't hold up for long.

The rest of her stuff may be great and if she was performing those techniques in a more dynamic setting it could be great as well. It is virtually impossible to make snap judgement from watching one or two short video clips. Who knows what the context of that situation was? I certainly do not.

There seems to be a good deal of controversy about her and the system in general. To the point that supposed documentary evidence is posted all over the place. Some of the certificates have no writing on them at all so I am not sure what the heck they are designed to prove or support.

Odd...

Here is a video interview with GM Canete from Doce Pares discussing claims about the system and the role of the supposed founder in FMA. It's beginning to look very much like a bullshido situation.

YouTube - interview with Supreme GrandMaster Diony canete about the Blancia"s Claim part 1
    Last edited by jwinch2; 11/04/2009 9:52am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 2:00pm

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to the website and poked around a bit, the more you read through the weird broken English the more bat-**** crazy, conspiracy theories come out and it just gets really weird. This one jumped out at me because I study Lacosta/Insosanto system and I've never heard of this guy teaching Dan. It would help if the photo was dated but I will email the Acadamy and see.

Gloria Blancia said: I met "Dan Inosanto" at his age 65 with "Rick Tucci" when i was in the Philippines. It was July 2001, they got a sort demonstration Kali and "Dan Inosanto" perform "Tai-Chi" i was there at that time. I had a chance to speak with him and my first greating is "Do you know Mr. Angel L. Blancia" ? he was surprised my greetings, not felt comfortable & impossible to replied. He become speechless with in 1minute but my patience is quite cool still waiting his answered. Before he speak he look around if anyone is there beside him ,then, he replied me, is still alive? i said no. At that timed much of different nationality over there. When he was performed of the said art, im not surprised although they make it revised but it was and common in my part that all the time ive seen that in actual before and after to my big sisters, brothers and above all to my father. Im not yet born when his father got training in privately but "Dan Inosanto" got training with the group of Chinese same as Filipino Chinese.

Gloria said: My family never forget "Dan Inosanto coz , he is the only one student staying long timed in the gymn although, the student had gone already but still, he remain inside the gymn sometimes there is no lights anymo
    re and sometimes he clean the blackboard and some areas of the academy. So far i got a real pic of him together with his " Grand Master Angel L. Blancia".

Gloria said: I'll presumed that no one got a real photos as what my "GM Angel L. Blancia" in early 1950's. Now, with the rest of the family are still alive, we do, understand why peoples in the society against the "Blancia Family", a small unit in a society versus in a large grouped of society. It so amazing!!! what a big question mark inside my mind since long timed ago, but finally, it was answered.

Person who are in good in the family gradually their life become miserable or else someone who killed . Those who against the family are in the highest designation in the government and almost their families of FMA.

The FMA their families are almost politicia
    n. The persons knowing the Blancia impossible to testify coz they are afraid to die. So they make it choose to keep it silent and those who followed with them they got a good life as well a good job in their perspective business including thier Academy School.
    So apparently the whole of the Philippines are against the Blancia school? Yeah ok.
    Grand Master Angel Blancia had been teaching in Bacolod Negros Island year 1959 until the mid year 1967, which Remy Presas and his brother got chance to practice. Positively Leo Gaje Tortal is a typically student of Grand Master Angel Blancia. Speaking Canetes, yes it is. Actually Gloria Canete is a former teacher before way back 1972 during the timed that Grand Master Angel Blancia is a (PTA) President of the said school. We are fellowman on the same community. Until such timed the Canete family transfered from another region i guess 1974.
    I also study Pekiti-Tirsia and the story we were told was that Leo was one of five kids, him being the principle lineage holder for Pekiti. It doesn't mean he wasn't a student of his but its unlikely. I will check on this as well.
    Thanks for posting this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 3:19pm

Style: FMA / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There has already been a thread about Blancia:

Grand Master Angel Blancia - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by escrimador6 View Post
    There has already been a thread about Blancia:

Grand Master Angel Blancia - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Ah, excellent. Perhaps a moderator can merge the threads?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 3:39pm

Style: FMA / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe, if a moderator wants to clean up the forum a bit. There isn't really a need to pursue this as most of the claims on the site where proven to be false.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 4:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MA-80 Arnis & USA Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gloria Blancia said: I met "Dan Inosanto" at his age 65 with "Rick Tucci" when i was in the Philippines. It was July 2001

Sorry for the left turn at Albuquerque but this is the first I've heard of Guro Dan going to the PI. Have I been out of the loop that long?

Yours,
    Dan Anderson

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan,

I spent a bit of time on that website earlier before I realized that there was already a thread here, thanks to our fellow member. I don't think you have missed anything so much as they are full of it...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast