Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 4:19am

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't fraud be seen as a displacement of the worth of a style? If you are taught really good MT or BJJ and the teacher says that you'll do just fine in MMA, since the striking/grappling game is so good, then it's fraud.

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 5:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: URBANA System

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, unless you can prove that this Juko-lie is a fraud (no matter that we all know it's bullshido / mcdojo organization), but legally prove that it's a fraud, then your ex-student's rank can't be fraud, just simple bullshido... unfortunately for all the unlucky that his classes attract...

but knowing that... if people are interested enough to learn a martial art sooner or later they are going to discover the true depths of their teachers knowledge, and see his lessons in true light...

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 6:26am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwonder View Post
    Well, unless you can prove that this Juko-lie is a fraud (no matter that we all know it's bullshido / mcdojo organization), but legally prove that it's a fraud, then your ex-student's rank can't be fraud, just simple bullshido... unfortunately for all the unlucky that his classes attract...

but knowing that... if people are interested enough to learn a martial art sooner or later they are going to discover the true depths of their teachers knowledge, and see his lessons in true light...
    He's already done that. Search for Juko Kai.

Juko-lie is his romanisation of said "art":wtfgif9fr
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 10:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Well, he is claiming ranks in several arts, all with Juko-kai (which I call Juko-lie look them up here) papers.
    and this first:
    what rank is he claiming in Juko-kai/lie?
    You stated HE, the principal of this discussion is AWARDED 10th IN Juko-kai/lie. Correct?
    So this would make him, the principal 10th Dan, correct?

10th Dan in Juko-kai/lie =/= to 10th Dan in, say USJA/USJF, USJI, correct?

This, I don't know what you can do about, other then assist in some manner of article for the website detailing what exactly Juko-kai/lie training is, what it entails and the potential shortcomings of the style for someone whom is wishing to learn Judo.

Within that system, if He, the principal, has performed all the actions necessary of receiving that grading, then really there isn't much that can be done except detailing WHAT the actions are in respect to the grading.

An article fully fleshing out the details of the differences would help the ignorant consumer.

Any other suggestions are appreciated here.

Jujitsu - 10th dan;
    Is this verified/verifiable?
    Under which organization and from whom, where and when.
    THIS is something that is actionable, if he isn't being forthright about all the details.

Traditional Judo - I think 7th or 8th dan.
    Again, see above.
    You stated YOU awarded him, the principal, his Shodan over 18 yrs. ago, correct?
    Then finding out under which organization and from whom, where and when he ascended to nana/hachidan should be obtainable and, if not, actionable.

But, and this is key, there is no training. You go to a clinic once a year and learn a few bull crap moves; but you pay for your promotions along the way. There are no "secret temple sessions" where the real deadly is taught. People just do their own thing, from book or video, and get ranked as they pay for it.
    Again, detailing this in some manner of detailed article may help.

And PHD's etc.
    From accredited Universities OR from Juko-kai/lie

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 11:02am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just tell him to go to hell Mark. We all know that he is full of **** and in the back of his mind so does he.

The next time someone says they do traditional Judo I want to just skull drag them on the spot. That bullshit of we don't follow the rules and what you do is a sport is the biggest cop out for men who have a vagina.

He got his shodan in Judo and then went on to do that combat ki ****. Give him the finger and a box of tampons and tell him to shove both of them in his vag and come do some randori.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems to be some confusion here.

First, the group is called "Juko-kai." I call them "juko-lie" based on the number of untruths they tell and continue to tell. Judo-kai and its "Soke," whom I call the "Jo-kay," are fully exposed here. They are more than bullshido because they claim to be alined with major groups in Japan/Okinawa, but said groups do not exist.

18 years ago I promoted the person in question to shodan, in Jujitsu, through USJA. Less than 6 months later he "cherry picked" students and went his own way. This is because I learned the truth about Rod and Juko-lie and ended my association with them. This guy, and several others, knew they would never earn rank through anyone but Juko-lie. So they stayed with them, took a bunch of students, and that was that.

ALL of his current ranks are from the Jokay and Juko-lie.

I hope that clears things up.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i feel that this post on judo forum from the matthew morton thread is especially relevant in this case and will quote a couple of key points from it: http://judoforum.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry519580

In virtually no country, jd dan-ranks are protected by law.
    This situation can only be corrected by having external accrediting agencies and procedures, and by making judo-ranks protected by law. In France, for example, judo ranks are now protected by law. Only certain organizations may issue them, and it is a criminal offense to claim a rank which one does not hold. In many European countries, coaching and instructor courses or qualifications may be law not be issued by judo or sports organizations, and the main reason is to have consistency and quality control.

You ask about 'investigation', but there is little to investigate. All those judo ranks of 9th dan, etc, issued under Phil Porter, are completely valid under the US system. He had the authority to do what he did, or he made the rules as they are. So, strictly he did not do anything wrong with regard to those rules. Since there is no law establishing those criteria, and dan-ranks are not protected, you can technically call yourself whatever dan-ranks you want. Mr. Morton's mistake is not that he calls himself a certain dan-rank, but that he forged credentials and caused damage to others by using their credentials.
    if i am understanding the situation correctly, here in the US, anyone can claim any rank in judo that they want, and any organization can decide to award rank in judo. so if juko-kai wants to award dan ranks, that's up to them, but those ranks are not recognized by the USJA, USJF or Kodokan.

so, unless he is claiming that his rank is a USJA/USJF/Kodokan rank, i don't think he can be legally accused of *fraud*, no matter how much that sucks, unless we do what they do in france and make it a crime.

i should point out that it hurts me deeply to admit that the french are doing something right.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 1:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly, that does appear to be the case. I'm not sure which is sadder. That someone can hand out ranks that they themselves hasn't even earned, or that someone can feel that they "earned" a tenth dan in such a manner and therefore talk down to someone who legitimately earned a high dan ranking.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 1:11pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually stopped posting on JI because of the Morton indecent and particularly that post.

Legally yes no dan rank is protected or governed by law. Morally they should all be protected by the people who are Judoka or whatever. That whole indecent was appalling and I just as soon forget about it. I simply tell people if they do not have a certificate from JA JI or JF they don't have Judo rank in the US. Tradition Judo or non sport Judo or Bobby Joes Judo is not Kodokan Judo. They can make up whatever **** they want but its not Judo.

When they start saying that they are JI JA or JF and they are not that would be fraud like Morton. Plain and simple this is America and they are allowed to make up whatever MA they chose to do. We as representatives of our chosen martial art are obligated to inform and educate others on what it is that we do and how it is different from the other martial arts.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 2:07pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as to the definition of fraud, there isn't a static definition. it changes state by state, and you'd do best consulting an attorney with experience in fraud to determine whether what the guy's doing meets the definition of fraud in your state. Many times, there is also an equivalent business offense. Further, there are other causes of action in the civil courts that can be pursued if the required elements of the offense are met. Again, this is best discussed with a lawyer in that jurisdiction.

that being said, and it being noted that a person can say they are 25th dan poo poo do or whatever, there are other possibilities if you want to drag this mamzer into court and air his dirty laundry there. If he's advertising that he's a higher rank than you in judo, then chances are, you can drag him into court because the fact of the matter is he doesn't outrank you in kodokan judo. His misrepresentation could be considered false advertising, and he could be interfering with your business. But, again, it depends on how your jurisdiction interprets these things. Consult a legal professional.

On the other hand, if the graphics are good, and you can get a few good sound bites, exposing him via the local media for the bullshido he is might get you more traction at less cost....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast