Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Where is the line for when Bullshido becomes Fraud?

Ok, before I begin, yes this is kinda personal. Yes, I am angry. But, this is a serious question.

How do we define "fraud?"

If someone trains in a place like Juko-lie, and they get their 10th dan or I guess he gives out 12th dans too, whatever, he does have the paper. Does that make them a fraud, or something else?

I want to "out" a major mess here in Michigan, but I need to understand terms before I do.

IMNTBHO, if someone claims Judo rank they got from Juko-lie, they have to know they are full of crap, and ergo are a fraud. How do you guys see it?

Background: Friend of mine, legit bad man, is at a gun show. Guy is there selling training tapes and pushing his "jujitsu" lessons. Mind you I promoted this guy to Shodan about 18 years ago, then then took off with Juko-lie and I haven't heard from him again.

He tells my friend he is a 10th dan, which means he outranks me, and, quote "Well Mark is a sport Judo guy, he really doesn't know that much about jujitsu." WTF!!! Anything this guy knows I taught him, of course my friend says "Well, you got your black belt from him so what does that say about you?"

So, what is a fraud?

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 4:03pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Starting and training in Juko-lie and eventually obtaining a high rank, later opening his own school: Not fraud, but major major Bullshido.

Not training at all or minimal training and claiming complete mastery: Fraud.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 4:05pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    How do we define "fraud?"

If someone trains in a place like Juko-lie, and they get their 10th dan or I guess he gives out 12th dans too, whatever, he does have the paper. Does that make them a fraud, or something else?

Mind you I promoted this guy to Shodan about 18 years ago, then then took off with Juko-lie.

He tells my friend he is a 10th dan, which means he outranks me, and, quote "Well Mark is a sport Judo guy, he really doesn't know that much about jujitsu." WTF!!! Anything this guy knows I taught him, of course my friend says "Well, you got your black belt from him so what does that say about you?"

So, what is a fraud?

If I understand correctly; 18 years ago you awarded him shodan, he went with a thing called Juko-lie, He has been awarded a 10th dan in Juko-lie, he has the certificate in Juko-lie, (is the juko-lie a jujitsu thing?), he disrespected you.

Answer is gong-sau.

Not fraud in Juko-lie.

Is he claiming BB in jits or something else?

edit: danniboi7 beat me to the post

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 4:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the man seriously threw himself into this Juko-lie thing after he left you and legitimately (as far as he's concerned) worked his way up to 10th Dan, then I wouldn't say that it's fraud, as such.

The guy may actually think that he has the real deadly and has now far, far surpassed his former teacher...

If the above is indeed the case - and his skills turn out *not* to be at the level you'd expect of a 10th Dan, then this makes him guilty of spending 18 years of his life training in a MA that teaches inferior budo and promotes people too quickly.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/03/2009 4:59pm at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is he claiming a 10th dan in juko-kai or in judo (certified *by* juko-kai)???

if i have my facts straight, the answer to that question is at the heart of the matter.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 6:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he is claiming ranks in several arts, all with Juko-kai (which I call Juko-lie look them up here) papers.

Jujitsu - 10th dan; Traditional Judo - I think 7th or 8th dan.

But, and this is key, there is no training. You go to a clinic once a year and learn a few bull crap moves; but you pay for your promotions along the way. There are no "secret temple sessions" where the real deadly is taught. People just do their own thing, from book or video, and get ranked as they pay for it.

And PHD's etc.

Juko Kai has been exposed here, my point is this butt clown KNOWS he is full of crap and I could hand him his head anytime I wish... but it seems more Bullshido than Fraud; save in HIS mind.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Tripp-

You've done your due diligence here. You've outed him and his organization in full detail to an organization (us) that legitimately cares about fraud & legitimacy in martial arts. Those that don't care about actually learning to fight will ignore what you have already said and anything you might eventually say. Those who do care have already heard you out, or will eventually find your posts.

The people he trains won't learn anything. The people you train will become badasses. There's not much more you can do and you should sleep well at night knowing that.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 11:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Se-Jong TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a lawyer, but IMHO...

If he mis-represents himself regarding a rank which he knows he didn't earn and uses said rank for personal gain, then he is a fraud.

If he thinks he earned a rank, but was deceived and really didn't,
    OR he earned a rank in a useless art, but teaches it though it is effective,
    OR earned an honorary rank but doesn't teach that style and only uses it to pad his resume,
    OR brags about his fake rank but doesn't use it for personal gain,

then he is guilty of bullshido.

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 1:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kinda how I see it too. Rod is the fraud. Most of the people under him are bullshido.

I wanted some other voices; well other than the usual ones in my head, to make sure I was on the right path.

Posted On:
    11/04/2009 2:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The legal definition of fraud is well-summarized on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud

It has a number of elements to it, some of which are hard to prove. I tend to avoid the term in investigation writeups, preferring instead to refer to falsehoods or statements not supported by the evidence available to the investigation.

I)f you're dealing with someone litigious, tread carefully when you use that word.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast